The irony is killing me!

So i have a quick story about this game. Basically, I'm a huge Assassins creed fan, always have been, always will. I have the comics, the chapter books, a couple action figures, and two jackets. So let me tell you, i really wanted this game. So last year i adopted my new PS vita. I only wanted it for this ONE game. Oh how excited i was. I opened up the games case and took a big whiff of that "new game smell." I install it and begin playing..... eh, forget the dramatic story crap.

Basically. The day after i bought a 250$ vita for this 40$ game. They announced that it would be released on the PS3 in an HD upgrade for 20$. The vita has no games. So i was ticked. Worse of all this game was actually garbage. I would rank this as the worst game in the entire series. I was crushed..... sure enough, 4 months after release it was on sale for 10 bucks so i nabbed it anyway... screw my life.

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 2

I went one step further than you, I bought the Assassin's Creed Liberation bundle with the white Vita. And you're right, Liberation is pretty bad. I played the HD version to see if they fixed the glitches and all they did was make it easier. I still like my Vita though. If you don't like short indie games, JRPGs, or Borderlands 2, then yeah, you're probably not going to like its selection of games. You can play PS1 Classics and PSP games on it too though.

Also, that's not irony. Well, it is if you're using Alanis Morissette's definition. :P

isn-t-it-ironic-o.gif

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Welp... I held out because I knew it was going to be ported  at some point... I was right. Bought it, and enjoyed it for what it was... Is it the greatest in the series? Nope, but it had it's merits. It could have been better, though I liked a few mechanics they used like the different personas. All in all though, you done got screwed over brah. 

i think the " Irony " have mislead the topic somehow.... anyhow, look at the bright side, at least you're a true fan to the series, i mean just be cause you're a fan to this game series or that it doesn't mean you gonna like every crappy cash grab release in them too.

for an example look at sonic fans today, they're like " i'm a true sonic fan, i loved every game in the series even sonic 06!! " i can dig that they loved sonic as a character, but the problem is that if they keep supporting sonic that way sega might get even lazier and release more games like that and don't give a shit as long as it keep supported my the fans. 

They just keep churning these games out.  While I've enjoyed this series, I'm often left wondering if this isn't just like the cod franchise with their continually repetitive releases with simple basic changes to say the least, while the story is well expanding and losing traction to me.  People just continue to buy, when imo there's so many other sweet games and creative avenues to go down.  Not saying they should discontinue, just slow their roll.  We don't need an ac every year.

Edited by SilkyJay86
  • Like 1

for an example look at sonic fans today, they're like " i'm a true sonic fan, i loved every game in the series even sonic 06!! " i can dig that they loved sonic as a character, but the problem is that if they keep supporting sonic that way sega might get even lazier and release more games like that and don't give a shit as long as it keep supported my the fans. 

Are you kidding me? The Sonic fanbase LOATHES that game like it's the Anti-Christ. That was the game that finally gave Sonic Team a kick in the rear and told them, "Hey, maybe we should put some effort into our Sonic games." With that aside, the Sonic fanbase is easily one of the most volatile. A crap-fest is thrown with the release of nearly every game. If Sonic Team was really taking into consideration what the fans were saying, we'd be playing Sonic Adventure 23, which thankfully we are not. If someone told you, "i'm a true sonic fan, i loved every game in the series even sonic 06!!" they're either lying or blinded by fanaticism.

As for the topic at hand, was it really that bad? And I mean that as an honest question, because I didn't think anything can top the original Assassin's Creed in crap-itude. That was easily one of the most monotonous games I've ever played. I'm legitimately surprised at how good Assassin's Creed II was compared to the original. Also, have you played Altair's Chronicles for the Nintendo DS? If it really is worse than those two, then I don't even know how to comprehend that.

• Like 2

I was told there'd be irony

Was that not irony? The irony was that i bought a system for one game only to find out it was being released on a console that i already own... That or I just embarrassed myself.

Maybe i should look up the definition....  Just did..... well then..... im just gonna go over here and.... pretend that this thread never existed..... 

Please delete this.

Edited by shananiganyo
  • Like 3

Are you kidding me? The Sonic fanbase LOATHES that game like it's the Anti-Christ. That was the game that finally gave Sonic Team a kick in the rear and told them, "Hey, maybe we should put some effort into our Sonic games." With that aside, the Sonic fanbase is easily one of the most volatile. A crap-fest is thrown with the release of nearly every game. If Sonic Team was really taking into consideration what the fans were saying, we'd be playing Sonic Adventure 23, which thankfully we are not. If someone told you, "i'm a true sonic fan, i loved every game in the series even sonic 06!!" they're either lying or blinded by fanaticism.

lol! i did encounter some of them commenting on youtube videos already, and it was hilarious seen like " 160 view all replies " thing under the person comment, most of them is about disagree about sonic 06 is a good game, even though the person did say it's an opinion after all but it seem not helping xD

and agree, even Sega have notice it and it said Sega now have removed all the sonic games with a bad reviews and meta scores of the game stores shelf's to keep sonic brand clean, the games on the list is Sonic 06, Sonic and the Secret Ring, Sonic and the Dark Knight, Sonic Free Ride, Sonic Dark Brotherhood. not sure if Sonic Lost World ( Wii U ) is on the list though. it said Sega started the take down first after Sonic The Hedgehog 4 episode 1 got a lot's of good reviews, then it's followed by Sonic Colors and then Sonic Generation.

• Like 1