The new update!

Grample_Gust

Ever since the newest vita update came out, it destroyed this sites rarity counter. Apparently, 90% of all of my trophies are either extremely rare or very rare. Cool beans. It definitely pulls apart the normal gamers from the completionists, talk about serious bragging rights. What are your thoughts? 

This new Vita update hasn't done anything to the site's rarity? The site's rarity only takes members on this site into account, it doesn't pull that info from the PSN servers. The new vita update didn't even add vita trophy rarity, it just let you view it on your vita, so that can't have anything to do with it.

This new Vita update hasn't done anything to the site's rarity? The site's rarity only takes members on this site into account, it doesn't pull that info from the PSN servers. The new vita update didn't even add vita trophy rarity, it just let you view it on your vita, so that can't have anything to do with 

Yeah, i understand that. But thats what i was getting at, since this site has a rarity counter for accounts that are only on this site. It makes it inferior to the vitas, which track people across the world who has played the game. Pretty impressive stuff, but i don't like how it counts DLC rarity despite people not even owning the dlc.

Edited by shananiganyo

This new Vita update hasn't done anything to the site's rarity? The site's rarity only takes members on this site into account, it doesn't pull that info from the PSN servers. The new vita update didn't even add vita trophy rarity, it just let you view it on your vita, so that can't have anything to do with it.

I believe he was referring to comparing the sites trophy rarity to the PSNs rarity. 

two words: bad ass!!! all my plats are ultra rare (even cabela plats!!) i only have a handful of non-ultra rare plats. rarest plat is crysis 2 at a 0.2% and all my capcom cabinets dlc are 0.1% its amazing. is this only for vita?? if so, surely this update will come to ps3 & 4. as for themes, i found out how to get to them in settings, but i assume the store will need to sell it to us. so now the store will need an update. can't wait for that. vita is amazing man. ppl really dont know what they're missing out on. sure, the exclusives aren't there yet, but the interface and use friendly capabilities and functions.. ppl just don't know.

two words: bad ass!!! all my plats are ultra rare (even cabela plats!!) i only have a handful of non-ultra rare plats. rarest plat is crysis 2 at a 0.2% and all my capcom cabinets dlc are 0.1% its amazing. is this only for vita?? if so, surely this update will come to ps3 & 4. as for themes, i found out how to get to them in settings, but i assume the store will need to sell it to us. so now the store will need an update. can't wait for that. vita is amazing man. ppl really dont know what they're missing out on. sure, the exclusives aren't there yet, but the interface and use friendly capabilities and functions.. ppl just don't know.

Now that you've mentioned it, its pretty disappointing that for that past three years since launch there have only been 5 note-worth exclusive titles that i actually care about. 

Edited by shananiganyo

yeah but tbh exclusives aren't everything to me.. the fact that vita possesses the ability to have cross platform, and the newer titles forbthe ps4 also coming out for the vita (poor ps3) are enough for me to love my vita. this update really got me excited too. yet another way my vita has me hooked. :) and it updated in 3 minutes. heh. im even using the original model 1000 series fat model. 

i love my vita

• Like 1

Yeah, i understand that. But thats what i was getting at, since this site has a rarity counter for accounts that are only on this site. It makes it inferior to the vitas, which track people across the world who has played the game. Pretty impressive stuff, but i don't like how it counts DLC rarity despite people not even owning the dlc.

The site doesn't track peoples stats worldwide because then most platinums will be ultra rare, most easy trophies will be rare and so on. Better to have the rarity system only considering trophy hunters than people who have no interest in them.

• Like 1

yeah but tbh exclusives aren't everything to me.. the fact that vita possesses the ability to have cross platform, and the newer titles forbthe ps4 also coming out for the vita (poor ps3) are enough for me to love my vita. this update really got me excited too. yet another way my vita has me hooked. :) and it updated in 3 minutes. heh. im even using the original model 1000 series fat model. 

i love my vita

Your right though i wouldn't say poor PS3 since it still got a few titles it won't come to Vita

refering to Bandai Namco + Banpresto (specially this one) owned by Bandai Namco,

its only normal this devs will aim for the bigger seller platform (PS3) that is still alive in the market.

Either way Vita did well for me too, i still have good hopes for it ;P (Ys 8 in 2015  already looking forward to it)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Everything is ultra rare with the Sony trophy rarity...

nah i found some platinums very rare at least lol

it just shows how many people in the whole world who owns it, only few go after it depending on dificulty and other many reasons :P

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

is this only for vita?? if so, surely this update will come to ps3 & 4

You can check PSN wide trophy rarity on PS4 since launch and through the PlayStation app since they updated it for the PS4's launch.

Edited by soniq

does anybody knows the "new changes" in the patch? the US PSN blog isn't updated yet... still showing that most recent patch is 3.18  <_<

so far, what I've learned are:

-Theme

-Trophy Rarity

-Videos can now be sorted by Name, Date and Size.

con?

-the loading time of background Image seems to have slower loading time than the previous patches...

Uhh... I just updated to 3.30 patch but I can't see Trophy rarity. It should show up in "Trophies", right? It's still the same old view, checked both the trophy listing and trophy detail, can't find trophies' rarity.

check the trophies in PSN tab instead of Vita tab... you have to be connected to PSN of course to view trophies rarity...

• Like 1

Uhh... I just updated to 3.30 patch but I can't see Trophy rarity. It should show up in "Trophies", right? It's still the same old view, checked both the trophy listing and trophy detail, can't find trophies' rarity.

You have to swap it to PSN, in the top left corner of the trophy menu. And it will sync with the server.

• Like 1

Thanks, found it. I had checked there before but didn't wait for trophies to refresh.

check the trophies in PSN tab instead of Vita tab... you have to be connected to PSN of course to view trophies rarity...

You have to swap it to PSN, in the top left corner of the trophy menu. And it will sync with the server.

Thanks, found it. I checked there before but didn't wait for trophies to refresh. I was mainly looking at Vita tab.