Bit of a disappointment...

I've been waiting for this game ever since i found out it was coming to PSN. I dloaded it last night on PS4 and played for a bit and I have to say I am disappointed in the presentation. I get the whole graphics not being next gen quality etc... but this downright looks like a PS2 game that was ported to PS4 and stretched into a blur... This disappoints me greatly. I really did have much higher expectations for this. On the flip side, i'm grateful it's free for PSN+ members but regardless, I wish they put a bit more effort into it. Anyone agree, disagree?

well, i dont know what fuss is about - saw some posts saying you can easily sink 100 hours into this game, dunno, after 5 mins i was bored like hell, so i know this game is not for me - and its not graphics, but gameplay is somehow dull for me - i cant sink into and enoy it, so im going back to me3

I like this game. But I like to watch gameplay rather than playing myself.
I won't start this on my PSN account. I know I won't take the platinum, and I belive I won't enjoy it as much playing myself, so will play it on my alt account!

However, the Graphics isn't the best, but it doesn't really matter IMO!
Im going to play Escape Plan instead :P

• Like 1

I love every single aspect of this game and it never gets stale...even after 250+ hours.  I will admit that when I saw videos of the gameplay, I was not happy as it was more pixelated than BoI, however, it fits amazingly perfect on the Vita and doesn't look all that bad on the big screen either.  

will play it on my alt account because i know it will be TOUGH as fuck to earn trophies. 

Lol.

I like this game. But I like to watch gameplay rather than playing myself.
I won't start this on my PSN account. I know I won't take the platinum, and I belive I won't enjoy it as much playing myself, so will play it on my alt account!

However, the Graphics isn't the best, but it doesn't really matter IMO!
Im going to play Escape Plan instead  :P

Double lol. 

Edited by daftprophet

I love every single aspect of this game and it never gets stale...even after 250+ hours.  I will admit that when I saw videos of the gameplay, I was not happy as it was more pixelated than BoI, however, it fits amazingly perfect on the Vita and doesn't look all that bad on the big screen either.  

ya I just picked up a new mem card just for this reason. I think to your point this will be a good experience on the Vita. 

I think it looks fine.  I mean if you go and look at the original pc version then compare it to this version sure you can tell a difference.  In my opinion the artistic difference between the two games doesn't detract anything from the game.  Truth be told had you played the original pc version you would know how much work was done on the performance side.  I remember the original have some pretty big frame rate issues.

I played last night and couldn't put it down.  Literally didn't pick up the same item for hours and every run was different.  And I got a lot better by the end but did die to mom.   No way in hell I'll look to plat this game but it's a fun experience for sure!  I love the art style and you know the guy who made this has some interesting story in life.  What a weird game.  in a good way.

well, i dont know what fuss is about - saw some posts saying you can easily sink 100 hours into this game, dunno, after 5 mins i was bored like hell, so i know this game is not for me - and its not graphics, but gameplay is somehow dull for me - i cant sink into and enoy it, so im going back to me3

Same here. Tried the game on an alt account for about 30 mins and found it boring. It's not my type of game either and it's not to do with the graphics. I enjoyed the other free game SteamWorld Dig more than this. I can't get into Minecraft either so I guess I should stop listening to other people about how great and game is and just play games that clearly interest me. Of course i'm not saying those games are bad just not for me. Fair play to the people who enjoy them.

Just a PSA goto options and turn the filter on to get the original smoothed look. Other than that I love this game and it does grow on you the more you play it. I'd say give it a couple runs because it's randomly generated some plays are better than others. However I do understand that the game isn't for everyone, judge your potential enjoyment on how much you like twin stick shooters. Also from what I hear the plat will take around 200 hours lol so don't get it for that.

• Like 1

Just a PSA goto options and turn the filter on to get the original smoothed look. Other than that I love this game and it does grow on you the more you play it. I'd say give it a couple runs because it's randomly generated some plays are better than others. However I do understand that the game isn't for everyone, judge your potential enjoyment on how much you like twin stick shooters. Also from what I hear the plat will take around 200 hours lol so don't get it for that.

wow turning the filter on is a great difference! thanks for the tip. and yes, I had been playing it even while i expressed my thoughts here and it absolutely is fun. I'm really diggin' it on Vita also.

• Like 1

this isn't a disappointment so much in graphics but rather that I think they got lazy with it.

Are you saying that pixel art is lazier than Flash art? As far as I can tell, good pixel art is a lot harder. You have to be precise with every pixel to make good pixel art. In Flash, you can just use an auto-shape tool to, for example, draw a circle for a head.

In any event, apparently pixel art was the way the developer always wanted to go, but he was held back by the limitations of Flash when making the original BoI.

Once again, Isaac has me hooked. Loved the original on steam, but this is just a whole lot better! More stuff, more secrets, more challenge! It's looks beautiful on vita, and those playing on PS4 complaining about the pixels:

you can turn smoothing on in the options to make it smoother and less square-ular

Like I say, I'm addicted, and will probably sink at least a few hundred hours into this game to probably not even come close to 100%, but at least I'll be having fun :D