Gaming Sessions - The Ultimate Wishlist

BlindMango

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Shamelessly bumping this to page one. Not sure if Bloodmoney himself is going to suggest it himself, but he had an idea for an alternative of Gaming Sessions that would be rather useful for those chill, laid back boosters. I'll quote it here if I find it.

I would suggest that in addition to the gaming sessions, functionality be created where each game gets a 'Boosting List' - a simple, non-expiring list that people can click to add their names to / remove their names from, that would cover the parts of a boosting thread that the specific 'sessions' don't.

there are many games i would boost if someone added me and requested to boost, but i am not actively checking the boosting sessions each day for all those games to see if a session is created, or creating one myself.

Lurked and found it. :P

Edited by TheYuriG

• 3 months later...

Can you add something where people can select their normal game times for session where "placeholder" is used? Like an appointment calendar in outlook.  Would make it much easier for people to co-ordinate from different time zones.  It's confusing when one gamer says 6pm pst and another says gmt+2.

ie

Host creates an "open session" or "placeholder", no date or time. - this is fairly but the current system does not accomodate it very well at all.

When a player joins this type of session they will need to add add their available time.

These times are displayed visually on a calendar.  

EDIT - I see that BlindMango has this on his list, sort of. Sorry for the bump.  And hey, I found it without it being pinned  :lol:

Edited by audiopile

Please add a feature to delete you sessions. Also when picking a session you get 2 same names for a game without it telling you what system it is on.

Hey, leaving (deleting) a session is on the list but I'm guessing for the second thing you mean the dropdown menu when creating a session doesn't say what console the game is on? That's a good point, I'll add that ;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like the idea of "any time" sessions, has to be done in a very roundabout way now.

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else before, can't see it in this OP though:

Something I would like to see added is not for the game session pages themselves but for the game pages - either as a tab among "tip guide", "leaderboard" etc or preferably as a section above/below "recent forum posts"/"recent players", a game should have a section about upcoming gaming sessions. This would make the site easier to navigate and it would promote gaming session entry among newcomers who are not looking at the whole site yet.

• Like 1

I like the idea of "any time" sessions, has to be done in a very roundabout way now.

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else before, can't see it in this OP though:

Something I would like to see added is not for the game session pages themselves but for the game pages - either as a tab among "tip guide", "leaderboard" etc or preferably as a section above/below "recent forum posts"/"recent players", a game should have a section about upcoming gaming sessions. This would make the site easier to navigate and it would promote gaming session entry among newcomers who are not looking at the whole site yet.

I could be reading your post wrong, but we already have entries for upcoming gaming sessions in the sidebar of game pages, take a look at the Black Ops III game page for example above recent forum posts. ;)

I could be reading your post wrong, but we already have entries for upcoming gaming sessions in the sidebar of game pages, take a look at the Black Ops III game page for example above recent forum posts. ;)

You read my post right. I just happened to have only checked games which did not have sessions yet, and that section completely disappears if there's no sessions :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Suggestion 1: No interest.

Add a X button to the GS front page to filter out sessions that you don't want to participate. Many sessions are for DLC in games people just wanna do base game or vice versa. Or maybe people just wanna boost a single trophy you already have. This is specially useful when people are always postpinoning a certain session in order to have it full and ongoing. Clicking on the X will put them on a 'hidden list' at the bottom of the page where you can see all active sessions that have been hidden and those sessions won't show up on the front page again unless you unhide them through that list (there could be a check button there for that).

Suggestion 2: Trophyless games.

There could be a way to play games without trophies through gaming sessions, obviously the 'boosting' tag would be removed from them, leaving only cooperative/competive/just for fun tags to be used. I see a lot of people trying to find folks to play Wii and Xbox (and whatever else) games on this site using the status updates, why not helping them? There MUST be a button on the filters to remove those from search too because if this becomes successful, this website should gain a lot of traffic due to how good the sessions are for boosting and how people from every console would come to the site.

Suggestion 3 (also including the trophy pages): Progressive settings (or whatever you wanna call it, give a better name and I'll edit this).

Settings you choose when filtering games should be saved and used again whenever you open the page again. This works for trophy lists on the other part of the site as well. I dislike having to apply the same settings on every list I check (either when checking earned trophies by date [looking for hackers] or unearned trophies [looking what the boosters from a certain session still need to get all trophies]. The setting applied to a trophy list should carry over to the future ones until they are changed again, same thing for the GS page. If I wanna see only "My games", show me only that every time I join a session. I know people that load up their trophy lists in their consoles solely for this reason and this would also help them a lot. It's more than necessary to have a 'clear filters' button to hasten the process of removing those filters as well. Also, exclusively for Gaming Sessions, there should be a filter for platforms, so it would be possible to check games only for the consoles you actually own. Multi system lists would still show up if you own any of the consoles listed there. This could stack with the suggestion for choosing a console in a multiplatform game.

I had 2 more to post, but I forgot them. Will edit later.

• Like 1

Suggestion 4: Denial

Make is possible to block certain users from seeing and joining your sessions. I'm tired of seeing a certain user joining every session I take part but never actually playing or even having the game downloaded or the requirements. Last time, the P.O.S. was trying to raid with my clan in Destiny and his highest character was level 8, attempting a level 26+ raid. This would be a necessary addition to the reputation system.

Suggestion 4: Denial

Make is possible to block certain users from seeing and joining your sessions. I'm tired of seeing a certain user joining every session I take part but never actually playing or even having the game downloaded or the requirements. Last time, the P.O.S. was trying to raid with my clan in Destiny and his highest character was level 8, attempting a level 26+ raid. This would be a necessary addition to the reputation system.

Ah yes, the people who join every single session but never actually show up to ANY of them.  Classic. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any news on any of these? :( I'm not rushing of course but as my completion list grows, even the my games filter is filled with games I've already completed. =/ 

For example for the rest of the day (Sunday 23rd) there are 17 sessions on the my games filter, 8 of those I have already completed, that's nearly 50% =/

Edited by exoticCentipede

Is there any news on any of these? :( I'm not rushing of course but as my completion list grows, even the my games filter is filled with games I've already completed. =/ 

For example for the rest of the day (Sunday 23rd) there are 17 sessions on the my games filter, 8 of those I have already completed, that's nearly 50% =/

There's a massive site update that's about to release, after that releases and all the bugs are fixed with that I think Sly (the owner of the site) is going to start work on stuff like this ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Same with going from a gaming session to the game's page. I'm always looking for a link before finding my way back through one of the trophies.

Adding in links like these would indeed be super handy.

THIS

Clicking on a member of the Gaming Session should take you to his trophy list for the actual game was well!

I don't know how to explain it, but I'll try.

The notification when "X has joined the Gaming Session", should be added to their first post in the comments.

This way, it would reduce the amount of times a person appears in the comments box.

What do you think?

Edited by ee28max

I don't know how to explain it, but I'll try.

The notification when "X has joined the Gaming Session", should be added to their first post in the comments.

This way, it would reduce the amount of times a person appears in the comments box.

What do you think?

I'm sure you explained it correctly.

But there's one problem. If the join notification becomes tied to the first post of comments, there are going to be 2 bad cases.

• lurker - someone who joins, but does not participate in discussion, only waits for everyone to present strategies and then waits for add/adds others
  • future booster - someone who already plans to get the game but he does not have it on their profile so he posts 'hey, count with me, I'll be ready on the actual date' or something

In the first case, not really a huge problem (unless people prefer to read comments than check the boosters' list), just the actual 'XXX joined the gaming session' comment is not present. But in the second case, the join notification becomes tied to the post despite the person actually not being able to =D

• Like 1

I'm sure you explained it correctly.

But there's one problem. If the join notification becomes tied to the first post of comments, there are going to be 2 bad cases.

• lurker - someone who joins, but does not participate in discussion, only waits for everyone to present strategies and then waits for add/adds others
  • future booster - someone who already plans to get the game but he does not have it on their profile so he posts 'hey, count with me, I'll be ready on the actual date' or something

In the first case, not really a huge problem (unless people prefer to read comments than check the boosters' list), just the actual 'XXX joined the gaming session' comment is not present. But in the second case, the join notification becomes tied to the post despite the person actually not being able to =D

Yeah :facepalm:, now that explains it even better. :)  

Make it impossible to have more than 1 session per hour from the same person, something like this shouldn't be able to happen:

5524b4eaf81e29cd984831afd6f73bb4.png

If they are just placeholders, the guy wouldn't have so much effort to put them all at the same time, since the settings aren't saved from one session to the next.

Also, did I suggest to filter some annoying users from the desired list? Been over a week, the same guy making shareplay requests to 100% for free because 'HE GOT AUTHISTIC'.

http://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/105356-DRIVECLUB-BIKES

http://psnprofiles.com/gaming-sessions/105353-DRIVECLUB

Initially made a status update about this in pity for the guy: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/statuses/user/33236-theyurig/?status_id=133657

but it got ridiculous with the passing of the days.

Edited by TheYuriG

Make it impossible to have more than 1 session per hour from the same person, something like this shouldn't be able to happen:

5524b4eaf81e29cd984831afd6f73bb4.png

If they are just placeholders, the guy wouldn't have so much effort to put them all at the same time, since the settings aren't saved from one session to the next.

I am actually doing this method right now for a few games I'm working on at once, I set the sessions the same time/day a week ahead so that people can find it.  It's hard finding people for sessions when nobody joins, and it's more of a hassle to create a new session if one expires....  If you want to keep them all organized this makes it possible.

f219da72813d4140ac7b843d4a51866f.png

What's needed then is a better way to organize and find our own hosted sessions and also make placeholders not disappear until # of players is met and then expiry countdown should begin after that..

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

I'd just like a "create gaming session" button on the games troohy page.  It could be in the place where the ongoing gaming sessions appear.  I think this would be a faster and more integrated way to create sessions rather than the current system of going to a separate part of the site and hunting through a list for the game.  

I know this will be present in offline only games but, we now have share play so any ps4 game could be online...

• Like 2