Star Wars: The Force Awakens OT -- Teaser trailer 2 released! --

xZoneHunter

Do you even like Star Wars? 

Yes, and this trailer made me laugh out loud several times...and that is not a good thing.

I still don't get how this movie looks not only worse than the original trilogy, but the new trilogy as well. I know CGI effects will never look as good as practical ones, but the new trilogy was CGI as well so there is no excuse now.

This movie may end up being good (although I didn't care for the Star Trek reboot or LOST so I don't hold out much hope for Abrams not screwing this up) but that trailer was laughably bad.

• Like 1

Yes, and this trailer made me laugh out loud several times...and that is not a good thing.

I still don't get how this movie looks not only worse than the original trilogy, but the new trilogy as well. I know CGI effects will never look as good as practical ones, but the new trilogy was CGI as well so there is no excuse now.

This movie may end up being good (although I didn't care for the Star Trek reboot or LOST so I don't hold out much hope for Abrams not screwing this up) but that trailer was laughably bad.

The CGI doesn't look good...? That's your argument? Honestly i think JJ abrams did a good job on bringing the original Star Wars feel to the teaser. He showed a few things we all wanted to see, x-wings, new sith etc. I can't say SW VII will be a good movie, but this teaser has me excited. Personally i liked the star trek reboot. But i wasn't a major fan of the original star trek franchise.

The CGI doesn't look good...? That's your argument? Honestly i think JJ abrams did a good job on bringing the original Star Wars feel to the teaser. He showed a few things we all wanted to see, x-wings, new sith etc. I can't say SW VII will be a good movie, but this teaser has me excited. Personally i liked the star trek reboot. But i wasn't a major fan of the original star trek franchise.

When your visual effects aren't as good as the 40 year old film or even the 10 year old film then that is a bad sign. Then there was of course the SURPRISE BLACK MAN, soccerball droid, Xzibit style Light Saber and all in all you have a very (unintentionally) funny trailer.

The Star Wars franchise has taken quite a beating in the last decade or so, they needed a much stronger showing to showcase they knew what the fuck they were doing.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Nerdgasm!!! I love how it doesn't show a lot but pushes the nostalgia buttons. Made me shed a tear. Really loving Adam Driver's voice. Badass.

Looks good so far. There's plenty of buzz so no doubt it's going to explode at the box office.

It seems they're keeping Luke hidden away for the majority of the marketing though. I wanted to at least see a glimpse of how he looks.

I think the reason is they want to surprise us in some way. And he most probably won't be in the film much, he'll come in the later episodes. I don't mind that, Luke never was among my favourite characters :D

Let's hope this installment doesn't suck compared to the god-awful prequels. The last thing any Star Wars fan wants to see is another wangst ridden emo of a protagonist. :P

The prequels are by no means awful. It's just cool to hate on the prequels. The prequel trilogy is actually fairly good, it's just not on the same level as the original trilogy is. And the last thing we need is another whiny Skywalker, just like Anakin and Luke were. Let's hope Luke's kid doesn't have that gene.