PlayStation Experience 2014 Round-up

Saltyie

Until Dawn looks interesting, everything else was just 'meh' to me. I just hope SFV isn't the big exclusive Capcom was hyping.

I got excited for FFVII, because I thought it was the remaster everyone had been waiting for, for years now. But Square Enix showed how much they care, by just porting the PC port. May as well buy the $10 PSN version, since it's almost the same thing.

Will keep an eye out for new announcements tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything.

The amount of complaining I've seen about Final Fantasy VII not being a full remake is pretty unbelievable in my opinion. They're making it playable on the latest system for you, and it'll pretty likely have trophy support since it's not being released as a PS1 Classic like it was on the PS3 & Vita. Masterpieces like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI & VII still hold up decades later because they're great games no matter what their graphics look like.

Also note that I don't mean complaining around here necessarily, I mean elsewhere. I was reading about the re-release on PlaystationLifestyle and the comments section was near-unanimous in the amount of bitching.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

This all looks very exciting.  I soo wanted to go to this and was about to, but passed cuz of expenses. :( Probably the only thing I'd pass on is Kill Strain cuz it seems to be strictly mp and it's f2p.  Other than that, very exciting indeed. :)

Regarding FF VII, I think it's pretty exciting news.  It's not a full HD remake which your trolls on IGN beckon for relentlessly, but it is an upgrade and since it more than likely will get trophies, I'll definitely be playing it.

Edited by Spider-Man916

I thought there were a lot of pretty good reveals.  Vita also got more games/attention than I was expecting.  Looking forward to or interested in quite a few of the games revealed.

Edit, not sure if you're just focussing on the keynote, but here were a couple other announcements:

Severed (Vita):

Wattam (PS4):

What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4):

Edited by lazyfan

The amount of complaining I've seen about Final Fantasy VII not being a full remake is pretty unbelievable in my opinion. They're making it playable on the latest system for you, and it'll pretty likely have trophy support since it's not being released as a PS1 Classic like it was on the PS3 & Vita. Masterpieces like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI & VII still hold up decades later because they're great games no matter what their graphics look like.

Totally agree, I know the sheer mention of Final Fantasy VII at a convention full of unexpected announcement led to high expectations, but a Final Fantasy classic, highly likely to have trophies?  I was planning on re-buying it on PS4 anyway, this gives me even more to look forward to.  :D

Now, if there was a Final Fantasy VI re-release in a similar fashion... thud-faint-smiley-emoticon.gif

OP: Drawn to Death looks awesome, I adore the art style and it oozes creativity.  Also, Yakuza 5 was an unexpected surprise, I don't even care that it's digital only, I've heard so many amazing things about that game, it's great they're taking the time to translate it all (a friend of mine who imported it says there's a LOT of text, probably a large reason as to why it wasn't getting localised).  :)

Until Dawn is looking really interesting, but I can't help but agree with the inevitable complaints that it'll be more movie than game.  Curious to see how it plays.

I was hoping to hear something about an Uncharted or Mass Effect trilogy remaster/re-release for the PS4.  Guess I may need to look into picking those up for the PS3.

Edited by DFailureK