PSN APP Issues

Killah184

LOL Oh, please!  The PSN app?  It's complete garbage!  It's as if Sony got a bunch of college students together to design and work on it.  I'm not trolling here.  I am being harsh and real.  Everyone I talk to who uses this steampile of an app has the same issues.  The really sad thing is that messaging on the PS4 isn't much better.  And it's not my internet connection.  I'll have my PS4 on a wired connection and messages won't go through.  Regarding the phone app, I can either be on my carrier's data service or be on a very strong wifi signal and this shit is happening.  It's intolerable.  Sony REALLY has to fix messaging on the app and the PS4.  It's inexcusable.

The app is a piece of crap. Like it has been said, most of the time I either can't read messages because of timeouts, or can't send them.

It will also show me messages as new and unread that are sometimes a few days old.

If at home and I receive a message, it's faster to turn on my TV and PS3, wait for it to sign into PSN and read the message there instead of using the app.

Yea the app frequently has tons of issues and can't always communicate with the server effectively but it's still fairly new. Give it a little time and maybe a few updates will come out for it and that will improve the function.

Sony has another app, TV SideView. This nifty little app has a program guide for cable television but its best feature is a remote control that works with Sony TV's, blu ray players, and other devices. It is a really useful app that turns your smartphone into a backlit remote control for your devices. However, for the first 20 months or so the remote did not work very well. It took forever to launch and was constantly freezing and losing connection. After a few updates it started to get better and now they just released an update that "reduced the launch speed of remote control by 50%" and ever since that update the app has been working perfectly.  

My APP was doing this today for about three hours, after then it finally connected when I tried again and it's been pretty right ever since, I did here the severs had some issues today though so it might have been that.

But all in all the PSN Network APP has always had issues, dunno why they just don't fix the thing, gosh sony :(