Suggestion to non premium members like me.

Turn off that gosh darn adblock! We all love this site, so if you didnt pay that 10 dollars for a permanent subscription, turn off the adblock. Give the hard working people who run this site there money. They deserve it. If you dont know how to turn it off, it's simple really.

Go to the top right hand side of your browser, keep in mind i use chrome. Now click on the adblock symbol. Should have a thing saying "Enabled on this site" Click that to disable it.

Show your support, if you cant pay or are simply to lazy to, whatever the reason may be. This is an easy way to give the website developers money they deserve.

• Like 3

there will always be third party ads because they'll will always be new people to the site.

There weren't always ads.

Not enough members subscribe to Premium to cover the operating costs of this site, so Sly was forced to implement advertising to cover some of his out-of-pocket expenses.

If enough people pay to use the service (best $10 I've ever spent!) by subscribing to Premium, Sly wouldn't need ads.

More paid members = no need for third-party advertising. Simples.

• Like 1

I know I have this trouble and I'm sure others have this trouble too with site attracting young gamers, but most of us lack credit cards.

The only thing my parents ever use their credit card for is to order college books.

10$ is more than a fair price, but payment through credit cards isn't an option for many of us.

I'm not trying to stir the fire, I'm just stating the facts.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

I'll most likely go premium again at some point.

I'm just having a harder time than usual convincing myself to invest money in a third-party site that could easily close down tomorrow if Sly got tired of it (not that he would).  Especially since my PC and my PS3/4 are constantly at odds about which should get my gaming time.

But it is only $10, and I've been around the site since it first opened the doors.  Can't say it'd be a bad use of the money.

Shrug.  At the very least, I agree with turning off the adblockers.

There is no reason for this thread to exist. People have their own reasons for not being premium. This kind of thread is just asking for like-farming and conflict. 

Simples.

Every thread needs one I guess.  We ain't hurtin' no body.  Turning off the adblockers is a valid suggestion, especially if it helps keep the site healthy.

Edited by Dreakon13

I'll most likely go premium again at some point.

I'm just having a harder time than usual convincing myself to invest money in a third-party site that could close down tomorrow if Sly got tired of it.  Especially since my PC and my PS3/4 are constantly at odds about which should get my gaming time.

But it is only $10, and I've been around the site since it first opened the doors.  Can't say it'd be a bad use of the money.

Shrug.  At the very least, I agree with turning off the adblockers.

Every thread needs one I guess.  We ain't hurtin' no body.  Turning off the adblockers is a valid suggestion, especially if it keeps the site healthy.

I assume you were calling me a troll? 

I wasnt trolling in the slightest, If people want to go premium than thats what they want. But noone should be pressured to do it. If you read the above post you saw what this thread was starting to become. I personally care if you think that was trolling somehow. It wasnt but your free to be wrong about whatever you want. Im not gonna try and tell you otherwise. 

Edited by killerJAZZ420

I assume you were calling me a troll? 

I wasnt trolling in the slightest, If people want to go premium than thats what they want. But noone should be pressured to do it. If you read the above post you saw what this thread was starting to become. I personally care if you think that was trolling somehow. It wasnt but your free to be wrong about whatever you want. Im not gonna try and tell you otherwise. 

I didn't use the word 'troll', I'm not 15 years old.

But I will say being the lone negative voice in a fairly positive thread about encouraging people to take their adblockers down (or donate in the form of a premium membership) is really the same kind of attention whoring that you're accusing the topic creator of doing.  Being "too cool for the room", so to speak.  If you feel you're being pressured or harassed by other users to donate, I don't think it's particularly painstaking to just ignore the two topics in the Suggestions forum that may or may not relate to it.  Trying to be antagonistic for no real reason won't help anything.

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't use the word 'troll', I'm not 15 years old.

But I will say being the lone negative voice in a fairly positive thread about encouraging people to take their adblockers down (or donate in the form of a premium membership) is really the same kind of attention whoring that you're accusing the topic creator of doing.  Being "too cool for the room", so to speak.  If you feel you're being pressured or harassed by other users to donate, I don't think it's particularly painstaking to just ignore the two topics in the Suggestions forum that may or may not relate to it.  Trying to rile people up for no reason isn't helping anyone.

I want to point out that im not angry or mad or anything in anyway while posting this. 

I understand wanting people to turn off adblock for the site. And i never said i was being pressured into paying money because i simply dont care. The site could stay up or go down. Im not saying i want it to, but all in all its not going to effect my day to day just like everybody else whos ever used it. Im also not trying to "rile" anyone up as i live in a residential neighborhood and not some trailer in the backwoods surrounded by swarms of empty beer cans and confederate flags. I know that in the internet world someone being a member of a site for like 4 years and "already" having 400 post means hes super duper uper active. I saw goons talking about how paying Sly money will keep the site up and how adblock being turned off wont do anygood in the long run. And i said my piece. As for you too cool for the room phrase. Im sure i wouldnt have used that as i am also not some 15 year chump who thinks anyone saying anything you disagree with is wrong. 

Long and short. Turn off ablock or dont. My first post had nothing to do with that. I was referring to people trying to force premium on others. 

Parker

Long and short. Turn off ablock or dont. My first post had nothing to do with that. I was referring to people trying to force premium on others.

So... you don't feel pressured into paying money because you don't care.  But you do care that others feel pressured, because they might care.

And you don't care if people turn their ad block on or off... you also don't really care if the site goes down... but you don't want others making suggestions one way or the other.  Even if they do care.

Got it.

Edited by Dreakon13

I wasn't trying to rile anyone up or cause problems so i'm sorry if i did. I just simply think an easy thing to do if you for whatever reason don't have premium is to disable your adblocker. It helps the site, and seeing the few ads the site has, isn't gonna hurt nobody and just help the creaters.  

I wasn't trying to rile anyone up or cause problems so i'm sorry if i did. I just simply think an easy thing to do if you for whatever reason don't have premium is to disable your adblocker. It helps the site, and seeing the few ads the site has, isn't gonna hurt nobody and just help the creaters.  

You didn't do anything wrong, it's a harmless suggestion with the best interests of the site in mind.  I was just surprised someone actually cared enough to speak out against it. xD

Edited by Dreakon13

There is no reason for this thread to exist. People have their own reasons for not being premium. This kind of thread is just asking for like-farming and conflict. 

Simples.

I'm sorry if it seemed like this. I was just trying to provide a suggestion for people like me who don't have premium. If i had a credit card i gladly would, but it's a shame i don't. I didn't expect conflict as this seems like a pretty straight forward idea to me, and i honestly couldnt care less about the likes. I made this thread to suggest something i think would be helpful. I'm sorry if it seemed like anything otherwise. :)

I'm sorry if it seemed like this. I was just trying to provide a suggestion for people like me who don't have premium. If i had a credit card i gladly would, but it's a shame i don't. I didn't expect conflict as this seems like a pretty straight forward idea to me, and i honestly couldnt care less about the likes. I made this thread to suggest something i think would be helpful. I'm sorry if it seemed like anything otherwise. :)

I wasn't talking about you, your just trying to support the site. 

Id rather not name who i was referring to as i dont know their names to begin with.

for last comment, all I have is :rolleyes: - not worth a waste of typing time.

Killerjazz, I'd agree that this may sound a bit too cheerfull and fun thread, but lets face it, it's nowhere near as 'like farming' as 'post your most recent trophy/plat' or other related topics.

OP - I'd agree that it would be nice for people to remove Adblock but it won't happen, because, well just check above post. End of the day, some people will think it's a good idea and support the site, whereas others will say 'Im 1337 cos I have adblock, hur hur'

It doesn't harm to remind people that it's an option though ;)

• Like 2

It's rather hypocritical to tell people not to use adblock if you're using it yourself. You may have turned it off for this one site, but I'm sure you block the advertisements of hundreds others every single day. All sites use advertisements to make money and developers of even big sites probably work hard - it's not something unique to this one.

Personally I use adblock because I simply do not want to see advertisements. It's not about which sites I want to support.

• Like 2

It's rather hypocritical to tell people not to use adblock if you're using it yourself. You may have turned it off for this one site, but I'm sure you block the advertisements of hundreds others every single day. All sites use advertisements to make money and developers of even big sites probably work hard - it's not something unique to this one.

Personally I use adblock because I simply do not want to see advertisements. It's not about which sites I want to support.

You are being unnecessarily aggressive by saying that, "It's rather hypocritical to tell people not to use adblock if you're using it yourself." The guy who created this post just wanted to remind everyone that you CAN support this site by turning it off, cut the guy some slack, I don't remember him forcing you to. We couldn't care less about you not wanting to support the site but you can't call the reasons of people who want to "hypocritical" when they didn't target people like you.