Time Trials....holy crap!

Wade_VC

I remember struggling with Origins more than Legends for the time trials, but that was possibly because I didn't know about the different techniques for speeding up my run (attack + mini jump, etc.)

Once I'd completed Legends I went back to Origins for the clean up and, although still getting frustrated occasionally, managed to finish it without too much aggrevation. 

Hope you manage it ok. ?

Edited by Gryzler
Spelling

• 4 months later...

I think i'll be in a minority by saying that this was nothing too hard. It's all boils down to boost and jump technique with occasional air kick for additional length. Aside from few levels for which i maybe made my job harder by going even faster, it was easy.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 3:54 PM, Varhur said:

I think i'll be in a minority by saying that this was nothing too hard. It's all boils down to boost and jump technique with occasional air kick for additional length. Aside from few levels for which i maybe made my job harder by going even faster, it was easy.

Same i hadn't much trouble with the time trials... though i have to admit Mecha no Mistake took me a couple of tries.

17 hours ago, PopoTheWarlord said:

Same i hadn't much trouble with the time trials... though i have to admit Mecha no Mistake took me a couple of tries.

For me as well, but it wasn't frustrating, level was fun and learning how to speedrun it was fun as well.

• 11 months later...
On 26.3.2012 at 11:18 PM, oscar_383 said:

I know what you mean I tried the game, and I didn't particularly like the game but I tried a few time trials and knew I would never plat the game and went on to bigger and better games.

I know what are you saying & completely agree with you also want to mention that the levels with the red chest are also very difficult that even the version of it in the legend version is having the same difficulty for me. But I think that after some years I will return to this to try to platinum this game because I was never think that I will complete the rayman legends game on the PS3 so I want to see if I am capable to complete the rayman origins version as well

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

They are doable, not too challenging.  I actually feel the tooth levels or chasing the chests were more annoying.  They just had so many cheap spots in them, and you couldn't really practice them outside of the chest run, and if the chest gets too far ahead you lose, if you haven't died already.

The time challenges weren't so bad, Mecha No Mistake I remember, yet On Top of Old Smokey was really annoying for me, there was another one, I think it was Piping Hot that gave me more trouble than Dragon Soup.  Yet to each their own.  Bottom line, these are all passable by all gamers, I would probably start with the Jungle one's, then go all the way to the hardest time trials and work your way backward.  Be aware some stages are easy or hard regardless of their placement throughout the worlds.  It takes persistance and practice.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I have picked this up again and am currently at the start of the second world/ island or whatever it is. Was wondering how this game compares to Crash Bandicoot, any levels on par with Stormy Ascent or The High Road in terms of difficulty/ frustration?

Not from what I remember. For the most part, Origins' levels are fair and not too frustrating (with Mecha No Mistake in the final world perhaps the exception), and I felt the time trials weren't too difficult.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, da-Noob123 said:

I have picked this up again and am currently at the start of the second world/ island or whatever it is. Was wondering how this game compares to Crash Bandicoot, any levels on par with Stormy Ascent or The High Road in terms of difficulty/ frustration?

For any others wondering about the above. Overall the game is definitely easier than Crash Bandicoot, the infinite lives is a big help and the levels have more checkpoints (I think). Mecha no Mistake was definitely the hardest time trial, I personally place it between The High Road and Stormy Ascent. The bonus level was really tough but the secret boss wasn't too bad after I watched a video on how to beat it. If you don't really play platformers, like myself, it will definitely challenge but it's quite doable. 

• 11 months later...
On 3/26/2012 at 11:13 PM, Wade_VC said:

For those who have played this game, you know exactly what that phrase pertains to. For those who have not yet played it, let me tell ya', the time trials (timed levels) are something else! I spent a good 2 hours solid just to complete 1 of them, and most levels have them once you unlock the Timed mode by collecting enough Lum's (the games equivalent to coins in Mario Brothers).

These timed levels require absolute knowledge of the level, and keeps you thinking about your next move in a "one step ahead" fashion. You have to be almost perfect, which allows just one minor (and I mean minor) misstep on the entire level to meet the timed challenge.

Looking for a challenge? Rayman Origins has plenty of them waiting for ya', especially the timed challenges!

Nah, they aren't that bad. I managed to complete most of them with a lot of extra time. The hardest part is getting through the level without dying. Just keep in mind that punching while sprinting gives you a good boost of momentum and you'll be fine

Edited by Sebulba2000