Figures Thread

Carville87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As promised, here are the pictures from my latest neko. I apologize in advance for the poor quality camera and the shitty lighting.

Note to self: Get a new phone with a better camera before the end of the year lol

Ooh, and slightly NSFW pictures incoming btw. I normally hate using spoilers here (due to them glitching out) but I will have to use "some" of them here for obvious reasons. :P

Himekawa Hayuru - Masou Gakuen HxH -  SkyTube (Alphamax) - 1/6

NFcicbD.jpg

UD2Wje7.jpg

- Extra pictures of the box she came in -

5NPSHbE.jpg

00OycAK.jpg

SKMg3l4.jpg

- Pictures of the figure itself -

q2x0A9F.jpg

pw1OOXz.jpg

j5Yo10V.jpg

- The lovely postcard she came with -

lcvIDy4.jpg

- Pictures compared next to the illustration she is based on -

gheEyB9.jpg

x3Sghq9.jpg

fKjiF5N.jpg

kOIwYAF.jpg

• Mini-Review

- Sculpting: Onto the good points first. Excellent curves, lovely belly, beautiful back with no major flaws I can detect anywhere as far as manufacturing. The bad points... Her expression, particularly her mouth, appears to be slightly off from the illustration she is based on. Of particular note is that, although this figure is castoffable figure (meaning that her bra and panties can be removed), she does not feature, dare I say, an anatomically correct body. That's it, the nipples are modeled (if a little bit pinky) but she's a barbie down there. Other than that, her curves and general sculpting is a killer. (7.5/10)

- Painting: Bright red heels, excellent use of shading on her black hair and outstanding paint application all around with no failure I can detect. Her skin color is rather pale compared to the illustration she is based on and my camerawork is not helping either. (9/10)

- Posing: "Master-nya! I'm ready for you."  ? Seriously, what else can I say? I love it. Find it sexy as hell. (10/10)

- Base: A white disc with a pink, black, and green motif from the series she is based on. It's alright, not original but not bad either. It gets the job done. (6/10)

- Packaging: For some reason, I really like the package. Mostly pink-colored on all sides with a number of shots featuring the main "features" of the character. Liked the paw window on the side, the illustration she is based on the other side and finally, the neko motif on what I assume is either the title of the series or the name of the figure. My knowledge of Japanese is zero so who knows. Overall, really pleased with this packaging. (9.5/10)

- Personal enjoyment: By rule, all neko figures get an automatic (10/10) from me in this department. What there is not to love on such a lovely catgirl, on a kneeling pose in her undergarments? I mean, like really. OwO Btw, did you know her stockings are actual mini-stockings? Pretty cool. This is my first figure with such a feature and I really enjoyed her for that. Add to the whole sexy appeal in my opinion. (Especially if you are a thigh-high lover like me :awesome:). I think she may be my more risky figure yet and my first SkyTube figure too and overall, at a 1/6 scale, she sits lovely in my collection.

This figure was bought from AmiAmi, pre-owned of course, in B/B condition. As expected, everything arrived in like new and perfect condition to me. Her total cost was as follow: USD $81 for the figure itself, USD $15.6 in RSAL shipping from Japan to the US, and USD $87 in shipping from the US to Venezuela. Gotta love that shipping to Venezuela though... I think you could probably send something for cheaper to the International Space Station than here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I mean, talk about a total rip-off. Anyways, those are the new costs now and what I have to contend with from now on.

I'm really looking forward to expanding my figure collection this year. Of course, catgirls, neko girls, nekomimi or anything with cat ears, paws and tails will be getting priority. Still, have 3 other figures on the way, which should be arriving in the coming weeks. I'm more than likely going to get raped by shipping costs and taxes once they arrive but, oh well, let's see for how long I can handle them. If anyone out there is figuring why I haven't bought that many games as of late, these ladies are probably the main reason. ;) Well, that and some other family expenditures but yeah. ?

Expect a new post soon. :D

Edited by Honor_Hand
Removed the spoilers because they suck!!!
  • Like 4

I got Ishtar from F/GO (Aniplex) ordered from Nippon Yasan.

IMG-1208.jpgIMG-1210.jpg

Box:

It's freaking enormous. It looks alright but nothing special honestly.

IMG-1188.jpgIMG-1190.jpg

It's kinda weird that they use the prototype image on the back of the box in which the base has 4 pillars and look a bit different than in reality where there are only 3, but whatever.
The packaging inside the box it was shipped in was weak af so I was afraid that the figuee would be broken somewhere, but luckily the figure's box had quite good packaging.
Still one of her earrings broke off :( but that's something I can live with even if I can't glue it back.

IMG-1212.jpg

Base:

I usually don't like these cheap looking transparent plastic bases, this one isn't too bad though. I like the colour and the summoning circle looks cool too so I'd say this is passable.

IMG-1195.jpg

Ishtar and her bow are supported by this three metal rods that go into the holes on the base. These are quite bulky, they have good weight and feel like good quality metal. On the concept art / prototype model there are 4 rods which seem thinner and seem to have a goldish gleam so when I fisrt saw these I thought they would be distracting but they aren't so I'm fine with them.

IMG-1203.jpg

The figure itself is sitting on this transparent seat which I don't like at all. They designed it terribly and many people have had trouble with Ishtar tumbling forward because the seat is a bit forward angled. Some people have resorted to pretty much gluing her onto her seat, but for me rotating it a bit to make her clothes touch the bow preventing her from falling forward seems to be good enough. It's still a major design flaw though and I'm kinda paranoid now to put her on the edge of a shelf in case she somehow did fall down.

IMG-1205.jpg

Figure:

Her bow is huge obviously as it is in the game. It's really heavy so I don't think it is hollow inside which is always a plus. Also it looks awesome, it goes into the base nicely and I could't find any defects. I would've liked it if the string was a real metal chain instead of plastic, it's weird that her nendo has real chains but her scale doesn't but okay.

IMG-1200.jpg

The figure itself is also very well made. I'm glad it's her 1st stage ascension outfit cause that's the one I like the most. No noticeable defects here either, outside of the broken earring but that's not the manufacturer's fault. This is my first aniplex figure and their PVC quality feels really good too. I like the pose, the facial expression, the hair, everything really. It's gonna be a nightmare to dust this figure tho ?

IMG-1196.jpgIMG-1197.jpgIMG-1198.jpg

IMG-1209.jpg

Edited by Theladozz
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OK haven't posted my collection in awhile. But I finally got the new stand and set up the whole thing. I have everything from Thomas the Tank to Eraser People to Hello Kitty figures...I don't know how many more variety of TMNT figures there are :P

HiBnREw.jpg

dktRLX5.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Massive update coming with lots of pictures of the many figures I've gotten recently. As promised, this time around I got a better phone for taking pictures, got slightly better lighting and tried a couple of interesting angles. Some of the pictures may be slightly NSFW, so keep that in mind. Anyways, onto the figures themselves. <3

Natsuha Sawai - Monobeno -  Milestone - 1/6

CHVwFMa.jpg

j26fVe7.jpg

<3- Extra Box Pictures- <3

IJT6k5p.jpg

JTixhwD.jpg

xvXBIEm.jpg

kiZZgRi.jpg

esEhaDC.jpg

<3 - Extra Figure Pictures - <3

0RhhsFR.jpg

7Rff0vu.jpg

A81sjdO.jpg

eOysIAU.jpg

Ha8BSaw.jpg

1QUw53w.jpg

Pa6nf8n.jpg

wgMnLn9.jpg

tCevFNs.jpg

GP8pl7a.jpg

z8452x4.jpg

RaHueY2.jpg

7MqKn5r.jpg

iWOMRxm.jpg

ilDNmT9.jpg

gdFP1G0.jpg

• Mini-Review

- Sculpting: Nicely done with no apparent flaws. Great attention to the many wrinkles on her swimsuit. Great care has been put on her butt and legs. Removing the swimsuit will in fact show that this kitty has a kitty down there, that's to say, it is anatomically correct. The detail of her naughty parts isn't a 100%, though, particularly on her nipples, but it's the most anatomically complete figure I have seen so far. Her swimsuit is tough to remove and to put back on and it doesn't close perfectly either on one side. (9/10)

- Painting: There's not much variation in color to see here but both the swimsuit and her hair have sort of a watery finish to it, which I thought it's pretty nice. Skin color is nicely done, cool shadings on the flowers on her head and her eyes have a beautiful blue color, even if they lack a bit of complexity. The coloring on the extra flowery trinkets that go on the base are kind of cheap. A little bit more of detail on these would have been nice. (8/10)

- Posing: This should be a perfect 10, right? I mean, grabbing her butt like that and looking back. What's not to love? However, she is a bit unstable in this posing and has a tendency to fall towards where her hair is. She is stable on her own, just don't go knocking the place where she is. (8.5/10)

- Base: A flat, transparent blue square that's supposed to mirror the illustration she is based on (Playing on a pool). The extra flowery trinkets add something to it, as it does the reflections you get from it but there's no denying this is a flat base. It's kind of big too and occupies a reasonable space on my shelf. It's okay. (7/10)

- Packaging: Considering her size, the packaging is not that big, I was surprised by that. Design wise, it has a good color choice, showcasing angles from the figure on the sides and a clever use of hearts and portraits to hide her naughty parts. Not bad but nothing you could say "Whoa" either, it's good. (7.5/10)

- Personal Enjoyment: If there's something that I really like about this kitten is how big she actually is despite being a fairly small character. She is listed as 1/6 figure but she is definitely a 1/5 scale. Love neko, love blue sukumizu, her pose is sexy, her eyes match beautifully with her swimsuit, her head may be a little on the big side but, all in all, I really like this figure. I would say size and posing are her most impressive features, nya. (10/10)

Bought in B/B condition from AmiAmi at $62,50. RSAL shipping to the US was $16,50 and shipping to Venezuela from there came to around $70 if I remember right. I was looking to add this one to my collection for a while. Pleased she is part of it now. Now I need to find her little friend Sumi to make the whole set even better.

0---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0

Kuro / Chloe Von Einzbern  - Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei Herz! -  Broccoli- 1/8

9UOqqKd.jpg

2mmEZ9k.jpg

<3 - Extra Box Pictures - <3

Wsr64c5.jpg

S8IQWXJ.jpg

LqLddsL.jpg

NiNoCCh.jpg

zg4rru5.jpg

Rd7KyeF.jpg

EEJSp4s.jpg

Wflkd0O.jpg

1b9dX6H.jpg

jG3efWY.jpg

SIZ3JjC.jpg

qbQOMXu.jpg

X8M2XaQ.jpg

YkzCXD6.jpg

kjDOiwS.jpg

nzEt0iR.jpg

e2rj16g.jpg

Gcxvc3h.jpg

I0BbxP4.jpg

pbJHuor.jpg

h5G4ShG.jpg

• Mini-Review

- Sculpting: I love all the mini details on this figure. Be it the way her skirt appears to be waving, the "fur" effect that accompanies her skimpy costume, the belt covering her private parts, her bells and bows, and her paw gloves actually have a very nice proportion to them. The way her hair was sculpted gives out this whole feral look to me. No flaws I could detect anywhere. (10/10)

- Painting: If there's something I love on a figure is for it to have a nice variety of colors and this one doesn't disappoint. Black stockings, orange paw gloves, red bows and belt, amber eyes, gold bells, and Chloe's dark skin have all been perfectly recreated. If there's something I think it could have been better is her hair, since it lacks a bit on the shading department. Really liking that pattern around her belly button. Super pleased overall. (10/10)

- Posing: Hmmm, I can't quite put my mind on something concrete for her pose. She is somewhere between being snarky, feisty and feral at the same time with a lot of cuteness in between, maybe? The way her feet are placed on the base and how she arc forwards gives her a very cat-like appearance. :hmm: I like it. (8/10)

- Base: An orange, paw-shaped base to which she attaches securely. It has sort of a fuzzy feeling to the touch on top, it's definitely not "as soft as" what you're expecting it to be but very nice of them for choosing something that matches the theme. (9/10)

- Packaging: Probably her weakest area. Even though I really like her illustration on the side and the shots showcasing her main points on the back, the rest of the shots on the other sides of the packaging feel a little bit lifeless. It provides good enough protection for the figure but it's nothing extraordinary. (7/10)

- Personal Enjoyment: She's my favorite figure from what I call the Holy Nekomimi Trinity. Feisty, snarky, skimpy outfit and I simply adore her dark skin finish. Kind of have a fetish for it :awesome:*Clears throat* She certainly gives a very joyous look whenever I look at her and her variety of colors really make her stand out even though she is not a big figure by any means. She has the right size and should provide many moments of amazement each and every time I look at her. (10/10)

Obtained from AmiAmi in C/B condition. Was listed as C because she was missing her cleaning accessory but the figure itself was A condition. Price of the figure was $149, plus $30 in EMS shipping to the US and then a whopping extra $110 in shipping to Venezuela and taxes. Yeah... >.< This figure marks the start of my hunt for the rest of the Holy Triumvirate. A goal which I thought seemingly impossible not long ago due to adversities has a decent chance of success nowadays. Nice. Happy me ------> ^_^

0---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------0

Yuu  - Hatsukoi Ribbon -  Orchid Seed- 1/6

Plyg3QF.jpg

zFwXfFy.jpg

<3 - Extra Box Pictures - <3

Lg7lihP.jpg

eOwKrIN.jpg

XnXKktM.jpg

WzKwRl6.jpg

1yH8wuX.jpg

08YOpiP.jpg

Ajn7B2w.jpg

86uq0EW.jpg

RrpIgr4.jpg

dermh1f.jpg

xpUIruq.jpg

qn7SN0g.jpg

oflDPZn.jpg

gqkuNrL.jpg

ZRen8uT.jpg

pA8xfa6.jpg

PxugLyj.jpg

TU5g0Sj.jpg

GPrUj1C.jpg

wXbKX8r.jpg

Bl2rraU.jpg

• Mini-Review

- Sculpting: Do you like butts, nekomimi and lewd lolis? Well, then look no further. I'm frankly impressed with this one. Smooth curves with features that are feed into your eyes. Her stocking-clad legs are great to look at, as it is her butt, which has been exquisitely shaped. Great wrinkles on her sweater, and her bikini and tail conceal a secret that I'm not going to mention here but let's say that everything sticks right into place. Even her backpack has all sorts of cute nifty details to it and looks exactly like a real mini Japanese backpack. I couldn't open it, though, but I was almost fooled by it being a real mini backpack. Her belly is just ? (10/10)

- Painting: Perfect all around. The shading on her skin tone gives her this smooth, supple look to it. Her stockings are actually a shade of burgundy I believe, who looks beautiful and matches perfectly with the purple of her eyes. Speaking of her eyes, notice all the little details there? Yeah. The rest of her clothing and backpack are also nicely painted as well and while they don't draw the main attention in this figure, they are perfectly painted all around. (9.5/10)

- Posing: Do I really need to explain myself? This is quite the sexy look, put her at the right angle and it looks like she wants some of it. Inviting, alluring, playful. She knows how to flaunt what she has and wants you to notice. YES!!! (10/10)

- Base: My favorite base so far. May look like a simple idea but it stands so much in a world of boring flat circles/squares that it's hard not to notice. Put her on top of it with her legs dangling like that and this one 1/6 scale now towers all my other figures despite not being a tall character. This is, quite literally, putting this already great figure on a great pedestal...a sexy pedestal but damn it's great. One thing to notice is that you could choose to display her without her backpack, but that makes the whole setup a bit unstable to my liking. If you use the backpack, it has nice attaching spot on the chair that provides all the stability the figure needs. (10/10)

- Packaging: Cute box is cute. Pretty colors, excellent size, cheap for shipping if you're charged by volume. Great design all around, excellent showcase of the figure strong points on the back and the illustration she is based on placed the side is just top notch. Properly protected and, for whatever reason, mine came with an intoxicating glue smell inside that (don't laugh) I love. I-I... I think I'm love with this box as well. (10/10)

- Personal enjoyment: By far my favorite figure out of the bunch. Nearly perfect in every department. Sexy kitty girl in an alluring pose on top of a really eye-catching pedestal, hell yeah. Being a 1/6 scale is perfect since it helps making her stand out even further. She came with extra accessories in the way of a more revealing bra, in case you want to stare at her cute nipples and an extra tail that doubles as a butt plug. :awesome:*Clears throat again* So, yeah, she is awesome. Out of all figures I have gotten recently, she is the one that has been catching my attention the most on a regular basis and most likely will continue to do so for a long time.

This figure was purchased in B/B condition from AmiAmi. The figure itself was around $100. She was shipped to the US by RSAL for $15, and then shipped to Venezuela for an extra $70, no extra taxes, thank God for that. I honestly wasn't expecting much from this figure originally and I was absolutely floored by it when I unboxed her out. The box she came in received a hard blow during transport and her left arm appeared to have dislodged before I opened it. Thankfully, nothing bad really happened to her and the arm was easy enough to get back into place. Isn't her name cute btw? Yuu. ?

More updates coming later on as the neko army continues to grow. ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

Edited by Honor_Hand
Removed spoilers because they just refuse to work. My apologies for the flood of images but this wouldn't have to happen if the spoiler tag worked properly in the first place.
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be keeping things shorter here. That is, 1-3 pictures and maybe a small comment on any new figures I'll be getting from now on. For any further thoughts and pictures on them, please feel free to check MyFigureCollection profile.

Since my last post, I've added four new figures to my collection. The figures are.

Xiao Mei - Shining Hearts - Kotobukiya - 1/6 - 2012

Honor_Hand1566528780.jpeg

Honor_Hand1566532034.jpeg

I've been hunting for a while to get this Xiao Mei figure. She is somewhat common and not that expensive but I was finally happy to be able to add her to my collection. Love her pose and the fact that she comes with her own cushiony base. One of the fish biscuits magnetizes to her face in case you want to display her like that. Her colors aren't as vivid as I was led to believe but she's still a good figure for the money.

Miyu Edelfelt & Magical Sapphire (The Beast Ver.) - Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei Herz! - Broccoli - 1/8 - 2017

Honor_Hand1566533418.jpeg

Honor_Hand1566533777.jpeg

Honor_Hand1566534348.jpeg

2nd addition to the Fate/kaleid girls, the quiet and with-an-almost-mechanical rationality Miyu Edelfelt. What can I say? Doesn't she look helluva sexy in this costume? Love her. I wasn't too sure on the grayish tone of her costume but it does look pretty good in person. An excellent addition to what is known as the Holy Nekomimi Trinity, nya! ^w^ I really doubt I'm going to be able to get the final piece but we'll see.

Kan'u Unchou (Nekomimi Ver.) - Ikki Tousen - Griffon Enterprises- 1/7 - 2013

Honor_Hand1566716685.jpeg

Honor_Hand1566717078.jpeg

Panties and buttocks right in your face. Probably one of the few Kan'u figures out there that I like. The sculpturing here has some issues but her price and THIS pose is something I can definitely enjoy. Her base is ultra huge, though. She takes a lot of shelf space. I find her really long blue hair to be very beautiful even if, just as with the base, it kinds of take a lot of ground space for the figure. I like that little plaque there on the base. Happy and pleased with this one.

Azusa Nakano - K-On! - Max Factory - 1/7 - 2011

Honor_Hand1566714166.jpeg

Honor_Hand1566715143.jpeg

Finally, my first figure of my favorite character from the K-On! anime, Azu-nyan. Probably not the most elaborate figure ever but I find this one actually replicates the feel-good and relaxed atmosphere from the anime. And Azusa looks super cute resting on this fluffy base. Kinda hard to find but it wasn't that expensive compared to other figures. If you are a K-On! or an Azu-nyan fan, you're sure to enjoy this one. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

.Finally found these guys. It is very hard to find them with their belts and weapons and for a reasonable price. 

The seller had a $20 shipping cost and I was like "well that's not too bad' and he only had the bidding as $1. So I bid a dollar and figured I would come back to the auction...and then no one else bid. So as the saying goes "I'll buy that for a dollar" :P

Leo is missing a sword and Mikey has some scuffs on his head but for the price you can't go wrong.

vlym1FY.jpg

Edited by Dr_Mayus

• 3 weeks later...

7353BE9C307CE3D44CDEC922C7EF23FCD023BF65

Rebuild of Evangelion EX Rei Ayanami Figure (2008)

Bought it from a really nice person online. She had other piece too (Misato) but i couldn't buy it because i was broke back then (nvm i'm still kinda broke ?)

Some Japanese original and Turkish-translated mangas, a light novel and Murakami's "Norwegian Wood" also can be seen on here.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Forgot about posting here for a while. :P As you probably already know, these two are my most recent figures.

Also, lots of pictures ahead because I love pictures and the spoiler tag here doesn't work. :awesome:

Kobato Hasegawa - Haganai - Max Factory - 1/7

2324295.jpeg

2324363.jpeg

2324385.jpeg

2324401.jpeg

2324398.jpeg

2324405.jpeg

More can be found here: https://myfigurecollection.net/users.v4.php?mode=view&username=Honor_Hand&tab=pictures&albumId=38187

Cat Lap Milk - Original Character - Native - 1/7

2326575.jpeg

2326581.jpeg

2326649.jpeg

2326666.jpeg

2326673.jpeg

2326675.jpeg

More can be found here: https://myfigurecollection.net/users.v4.php?mode=view&username=Honor_Hand&tab=pictures&current=tags&categoryId=0&albumId=38185&isNSFW=-1&sort=date&order=desc&page=1

:eyebrow:

I've also been going through some of my older figures and getting new pictures, or doing a better job at post-processing them with help of The GIMP because I feel I can make them justice now that I'm a bit more competent with my camera and whatnot. It's actually a fun and enjoyable side hobby of mine. xD

Azusa Nakano - K-On! - Max Factory - 1/7

2297433.jpeg

2297440.jpeg

2297479.jpeg

2297488.jpeg

More can be found here: https://myfigurecollection.net/users.v4.php?mode=view&username=Honor_Hand&tab=pictures&albumId=37783

Sawai Natsuha - Monobeno - QueenTed - 1/5

2326508.jpeg

2326514.jpeg

2326529.jpeg

2326556.jpeg

2326555.jpeg

More can be found here: https://myfigurecollection.net/users.v4.php?mode=view&username=Honor_Hand&tab=pictures&albumId=38215

;)

That's it for today. As for new figure purchases, I have this cutie already ordered. I might have snatched quite the treasure with this one because according to MFC no one else here in this side of the world has this particular figure, so I'm quite excited to be the first one here to own it. She will also be my first Cold Cast figure, and even though she's old (manufactured in 2010), I'm still anticipating her arrival. I hope she arrives in one piece. Also, have this one pre-ordered for May 2020. I already talked about her on a previous status update. It's the first time I 've ever signed up for such an expensive item (total cost is going to be over the $200 mark) but I'm confident the artists and companies involved should deliver a quality product that caters to my liking. Doubt I'll be purchasing any other figures for what's left of the year but who knows.

As for photography efforts, I'm planning to tackle both Cham Cham and Himekawa Hayaru in my next sessions whenever I have some time available, so look forward to getting some nice pictures of them here soon. :awesome:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Whatever happened to this thread? It doesn't matter, I'm reviving it now. :awesome:

Mirai - Senran Kagura - FOTS Japan - 1/6 - 2019

3HTZMyJ.jpg

UHkMMvL.jpg

I actually took a huge risk with this figure. It was my first time not only ordering something from a store in Europe but also my first time ordering a FOTS figure, which are very well known for how fragile they are and the poor packaging they come in. I spotted this one at a heavily discounted price in a store called Otaku Square, located in the Netherlands. Placed my order and took her almost 2 months and a half to reach me here. The pandemic surely slowed things down considerably, but I'm super impressed that she survived the trek from Japan, then from the Netherlands to the US, then from the US to somewhere in South America, and then a final trip to Venezuela. The store did an admirable job at protecting the figure. In fact, I had never seen so many of those air cushion things inside a box in my entire life. Not only that but they also opened the box, inspected her to make sure she was okay before shipping, and then added extra bubble wrap and cotton for even more protection. Excessive indeed, but she arrived in near-perfect condition. 99% perfect I'd say. Only a very minuscule chip from the back of her hair broke during the travel, but that's nothing compared to some other broken figures I've seen online. Super happy everything went okay.

Ar5GFye.jpg

CYR4p0x.jpg

As for the figure itself, well, it's Mirai, my favorite Senran Kagura gal, of course I'm going to love her. However, and I have to be objective to a certain degree, she does have a number of issues on her sculpting. FOTS uses 3D printing instead of the regular PVC casting from other figures, and the process does have some quality issues. For example, there are gaps that shouldn't be visible on her band-aids and on a few places on her swimsuit; her back also has a very small plastic protuberance that appears to not have been smoothed out; and finally, the way her legs dig into her swimsuit on the front look plain weird, a bit unnatural even. The material she is made of also feels a bit cheap to the touch and near weightless. Mirai herself also looks a bit bulkier than her small, petite frame on the games would seem to suggest. Overall, she looks okay, but there are issues.

Painting is good. I like the simple shading on her legs. Everything else looks to be appropriately done with no major faults to mention. Her posing is an obvious eye-catcher. Like, I know what you're thinking. Who the hell would fall with a banana peel and end up in such a compromising position? I don't know. I don't care either, I'm just enjoying the view. B) She's really getting all that attention she always craves on my shelf now. She comes with a plain transparent base that I decided not to use because I don't like simple bases that take up space and don't add anything to the figure. Finally, her box is okay. A bit too big for its own good. It does have kind-of a sleek, simple premium look outside, but reality says otherwise. Inside the box, you can find a black cloth upon which the figure rests with nothing holding her over, Thankfully, the seller added the much-needed extra protection there. Otherwise, I don't know what's FOTS even thinking about shipping figures like this.

S1eK9jj.jpg

bh1ldOa.jpg

In the end, though, I'm very happy with my Mirai figure. All issues aside, she's just another lovely kitten looking for attention, and I have plenty of that to give. ^^ She is nowhere near perfect, but her lewd posing, tight school swimsuit, and the fact that is Mirai, really make me forget all the imperfections and love my figure. The fact that she arrived to my place in almost perfect condition is impressive in itself since I had already psychologically prepared myself to have to glue her back together. I also got her at an amazingly low price compared to the one you often see of her online, so that's a fair deal for me. I think I got my money's worth. I only need to find the one made by Griffon Enterprises to have all the Mirai figures that are out there in the wild. :3

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...