Yet another p**s easy Trophy list

Coody-Baroody

What is it with seemingly every new game since PS4 arrived? Their trophies are all pathetically easy and offer absolutely zero challenge. Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed, Infamous Second Son.......now The Order too. I hate it when all a game has is complete it on any difficulty. At least give us a hardest difficulty trophy. The only game so far I've noticed to have a challenging trophy collection is Killzone Shadowfall and I'm guessing Bloodborne.

Everything else has piss poor challenge needed. Just hope it's not going to continue with every single new game that drops his gen.

I mean, I know not ALL games can be as hard as Ninja Gaiden but NONE of them? I'm into trophies for the overwhelming feeling of accomplishment I get from earning those trophies that I'm proud to have. Not the ones that EVERY person who starts up the game has. As I said I know not all games can be like this but it just seems to me that now the trend of making games easier and easier to sell more units is now spilling into trophies aswell and it's not a trend I like at all.

Geometry Wars 3. Problem solved. Good luck.

But seriously, if you want to punish yourself then play the game on it's hardest difficulty setting. Personally, from what I've read of this game, it seems like the developers want to tell an engaging story first and foremost, so you might be doing yourself a disservice by playing on a particularly hard setting.

• Like 1

Why am I under impression that every gamer that plats NGS2 is thinking  that everybody else will bow in fear in front of them? For me The Ninja game is still Tenchu from ps1. Because when I think ninja I think "I'm invisible."  not "I can dodge rockets!" Also if you were that much into difficulty that wouldn't stop with trophy list. 

• Like 1

Why am I under impression that every gamer that plats NGS2 is thinking  that everybody else will bow in fear in front of them? For me The Ninja game is still Tenchu from ps1. Because when I think ninja I think "I'm invisible."  not "I can dodge rockets!" Also if you were that much into difficulty that wouldn't stop with trophy list. 

Did you ever play Mark of the Ninja? I think it was a MS exclusive on PC and 360, but that was an excellent 2d scrolling ninja game. All about being stealthy and avoiding confrontation - nothing like NG. If you can, I highly recommend it. 

For an added challenge, on NG+ mode, you had to use line of sight or audio cues in order to tell where enemies were (i.e. if you're halfway through a vent, you can't see the enemies in the room above/below you - you had to get to the vent opening, and peek out to spot enemies to your left or right, but you might be able to hear them). 

Now that was challenging stealth play.

• Like 1

Wow, and there I was thinking this forum had a community that let you state an opinion without being judged or accused of 'crying'. If ANY of you had BOTHERED to read my post fully you'd see I did say that not all games can be brutal but the trend lately (with the big AAA retail releases I should've said admittedly) is far too easy.

Just stating an opinion geez.

Guess I'll think better of trying to start an adult conversation on here next time,

What do you expect from a quarter-day game with no Online mode and costs $60 ?

Ahhh, so you're one of them are you? Judge a game before you know what you're talking about just cos of what you've read on click bait Internet posts. All this BS about The Orders length are just that, BS. Because ANY game can be beaten in very short amount of time when played on easy and you ignore as much as possible and get through it as quickly as possible (as that full Youtube playthrough has been confirmed to be) and you can bet your LIFE that wasn't his first playthrough.

If this story heavy game is played properly, like any other normal single player game, ie, blind, searching for collectibles, listening to NPC conversations etc, it's easily gonna last 10-12 hours and that's a number ive got from NON click bait hating Internet articles.

Yeah what is up with all thesw easy PS4 plats lately:

Injustice

The Crew

Destiny

Resident Evil

The last of us

Secret ponchos

etc

Only TWO of those games are new PS4 titles. I said since PS4 has arrived, re masters don't count because they were out on PS3 before PS4 was even launched. Also, what's so hard about TLOU Platinum? Time consuming yes but not hard.

Edited by Coody-Baroody
  • Like 1

Wow, and there I was thinking this forum had a community that let you state an opinion without being judged or accused of 'crying'. If ANY of you had BOTHERED to read my post fully you'd see I did say that not all games can be brutal but the trend lately (with the big AAA retail releases I should've said admittedly) is far too easy.

Guess I'll think better of trying to start an adult conversation on here next time,

Don't get bent out of shape about it man.

In answer to your concerns about "AAA" games - the point is that "AAA" games go for mass market appeal. That doesn't stop at "just gamers in general", they will want to sell as many copies as possible to the trophy hunting crowd too. They know that a certain portion of the trophy hunting community will be put off by a difficult list, and from the responses you've been getting on the thread I'd wager that the number of hunters who are put off by hard trophy lists is bigger than the number who'd rather have ultra-rare plats.

1. I have seriously hard time taking seriously anybody who's taking gaming so seriously,

2. Is it really a discussion if everybody agrees with you?

3. As somebody who also likes to complicate the shit out of game I really don't see what's stopping  you from playing game on hard with one hand tie behind your back. This is just my opinion and I admit I could be 100 % wrong,but from what you said it looks to me that you're more into bragging rights than difficulty.

What is it with seemingly every new game since PS4 arrived? Their trophies are all pathetically easy and offer absolutely zero challenge. Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed, Infamous Second Son.......now The Order too. I hate it when all a game has is complete it on any difficulty. At least give us a hardest difficulty trophy. The only game so far I've noticed to have a challenging trophy collection is Killzone Shadowfall and I'm guessing Bloodborne.

Everything else has piss poor challenge needed. Just hope it's not going to continue with every single new game that drops his gen.

I mean, I know not ALL games can be as hard as Ninja Gaiden but NONE of them? I'm into trophies for the overwhelming feeling of accomplishment I get from earning those trophies that I'm proud to have. Not the ones that EVERY person who starts up the game has. As I said I know not all games can be like this but it just seems to me that now the trend of making games easier and easier to sell more units is now spilling into trophies aswell and it's not a trend I like at all.

If you want to play some hard games, I advise the following: 

• Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls
  • WipEout HD
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Catherine
  • Persona 4 Arena

Anyway like MMD said, there already is a thread for this. So next time please use the search function first.