Playstation app for iOS and Android. A great way to communicate.

xIxWild7xIx

I'm not sure if there was a thread about this, but I just wanted to say how useful this app is for communicating with your friends and/or fellow boosters over the Playstation Network. With the messages button it allows full access to your psn messages. You can even send messages while you're away from your consoles, like a text message. Communication is a very big part in boosting, and not everyone has a mic. Sure, you can use Facebook chat or Skype, but if you just wanted to keep real life private then the Playstation app is perfect.

Hope this info is helpful for everyone. Cheers, fellow boosters and boosterettes.

• Like 2

Personally, I think it takes to long to sync certain functions with PSN. 

For example, playing Dark Souls 2 recently and I wanted to send a message to someone who had just helped me out with a boss, saying thanks. I was playing with a DS4 though, so I couldn't get back to the XMB with the controller. I tried the app on my phone, but my "recently met" players list was over a week out of date. 

dumb question: it does not remove the messages from the server does it, and they will come through and can be read on all your systems e.g. vita, ps3 etc.

Personally, I think it takes to long to sync certain functions with PSN.  "recently met"

so it does this, i suppose the statement "when it works" applies?

Maybe? I mean, it's servicable for other things I guess, but when it comes to messaging it's missing some key features. Like others have said, I'd really like to be able to drop out of conversations when someone sends out a mass "can someone please help me with this trophy" message. I'll be at the office and my phone just will not shut up bleeping sometimes for this reason.

It can sometimes work too well.

I have it on my smartphone.

A PS4 group added me (while I haven't got a PS4).

I kept getting spammed with PSN messages, until I asked to be removed from the chat...

You don't need to ask to leave the group, you can just go to messages and then keep your finger held on the screen, then the option delete will appear.

Edited by EternalChaos72
  • Like 1

dumb question: it does not remove the messages from the server does it, and they will come through and can be read on all your systems e.g. vita, ps3 etc.

From what I've seen it doesn't remove the messages from the server. For example, if I get a message on my PS3 and respond to it through the app, the incoming message stays on both the playstation and the app.

HOWEVER, I've noticed that when I type a message on the app, it sometimes doesn't show up on my PS3. It will show up on my Vita but not the main console. So you get all your incoming messages on the PS3/Vita (haven't tried it on PS4 yet) which you can read them at any time on any device. And you get your outgoing messages on the App/Vita, but sometimes not the PS3. I'm not really all that bothered by it since I always have my phone to check what I said, but I hope that help!

Edited by Elyther
  • Like 1

You don't need to ask to leave the group, you can just go to messages and then keep your finger held on the screen, then the option delete will appear.

I don't know about Android, but that's really unintuitive coming from an iOS perspective where deleting or cancelling things is usually done with a swipe. Thanks for the tip though, I'll try and remember it next time.