Tokyo Xanadu discussion

Nelson_

It's equally irritating seeing people still not getting that people aren't say there's NO games, they're saying there's no variety.  But let's not derail (again), shall we?   :awesome:

I have like over half the games in that trailer pre-ordered on AmiAmi lol, Vita will be getting lots of attention this summer!

lol I'm just basing it from her petite build. Also, we already have a tsundere-like classmate, a sweet kouhai, and a girl that looked like she's the student council president. Putting that into the equation, if we're going by the usual flow, she'll either be a childhood friend or a little sister unrelated by blood.

lol I'm just basing it from her petite build. Also, we already have a tsundere-like classmate, a sweet kouhai, and a girl that looked like she's the student council president. Putting that into the equation, if we're going by the usual flow, she'll either be a childhood friend or a little sister unrelated by blood.

You forgot the genius guy, though xD

We including guys too? 

Yeps and the official announcement's out too.

5538781bb30b0.jpg

Also, it seems that Falcom still has more to show about this game. If we look at the original art that was first released, we were led to think that there will only be 6 characters.

Tokyko-Xanadu-PSV-Conf.jpg

The thing is, in the game's official site, in the characters section, we still have 4 blank spaces and we already have 4 characters officially introduced which are Kou, Asuka, Sora and Yuuki. Which means we still have 4 (technically 2) characters that is yet to be revealed.

Can't wait to see how they look like (* >ω<)

Vita has no games, right? :awesome:

Vita is dead, right? :awesome:

Vita needs resurrection, right? :awesome:

Saw the whole video (with PS4 lineup) some days ago on a german site and people were like "Its made for the japanese market. They even have fun with pixelated stuff." and "We are here in Germany, not everbody understands chinese!"

This poor guys, never played on a GameBoy or whatever... that makes really sad :(

Anyway. Vita-chan = love. Vita-chan is ... Life! *ba da bumm tsss*

She has so many husbandos and waifus, she dont need to be "saved" ^_^

It's equally irritating seeing people still not getting that people aren't say there's NO games, they're saying there's no variety.  But let's not derail (again), shall we?    :awesome:

I can show you were they say Vita has no games... but maybe you cant read and understand it, but thats an other topic.  :awesome:

Google Translator wont help btw, because it looks like many people there have a problem with their own mothertongue. xD

There, there https://www.ps4-magazin.de/

Also you see many people complaining about 50€/year for 4 (!) games/month, because many simply ignore the Vita.

Edited by Neputyunu

Vita has no games, right? :awesome:

Vita is dead, right? :awesome:

Vita needs resurrection, right? :awesome:

11 million in consoles three years, no ads on tv, no AAA games on the western front, even in Japan it's only in second/third place and no diversity. The vita ain't dead but it sure has failed. 

Edited by ZeroXOF

11 million in consoles three years, no ads on tv, no AAA games on the western front, even in Japan it's only in second/third place and no diversity. The vita ain't dead but it sure has failed. 

Without high sales the Vita won't get AAA games and without AAA games the Vita won't get high sales. So we just have to accept the fact that the Vita will never be a big-seller and western developers will never make games for it. However I would like it if Japanese AAA developers like Square Enix and Capcom noticed it once in a while, it needs a few hardcore (high-quality) games, it's waaaay too casual atm.

• Like 1

Without high sales the Vita won't get AAA games and without AAA games the Vita won't get high sales. So we just have to accept the fact that the Vita will never be a big-seller and western developers will never make games for it. However I would like it if Japanese AAA developers like Square Enix and Capcom noticed it once in a while, it needs a few hardcore (high-quality) games, it's waaaay too casual atm.

You hit the nail right on the head. 11 million of consoles weren't sold on indies and JRPGS alone. There was speculation (which is probably true considering how FF is xbox too) that Japanese developers are still waiting for that multi-platform dream for the type of games they make. I really hope one day it happens and I think the Vita was probably they shot but without western games helping out, they wouldn't said a chance on their own. 

Look at the PSP's library and compare it to the Vita. It will show that a console without western backing won't get love in the east. 

Wow, second after 3DS that is being bought because of Pokemon. Such failure...

I can't even fathom how Vita can still exist in this world with such a shame.

• Like 1

This is what 3DS does better = games targeting casuals so if Vita did same and sold better you probably would like it less now xDxD

also where did you see AAA games making 3DS sell better? as for Square Enix they already facing economy problems to jump on any other console right now (though SE overrated in my view)

Capcom even had the efort on puting a lawsuit on Koei for erm... a dum reason (embarrasing to say) i doubt Capcom could ever support any other console when they are this desperate.

Wow, second after 3DS that is being bought because of Pokemon. Such failure...

I can't even fathom how Vita can still exist in this world with such a shame.

Lol, Pokemon ain't carrying the 3DS alone. Yokai watch, Zelda, Smash, Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, Sonic, Star Fox and many others helped. If you don't have small and big developers helping your console, it's going to fail.  

Edited by ZeroXOF

This is what 3DS does better = games targeting casuals so if Vita did same and sold better you probably would like it less now xDxD

also where did you see AAA games making 3DS sell better? as for Square Enix they already facing economy problems to jump on any other console right now (though SE overrated in my view)

Capcom even had the efort on puting a lawsuit on Koei for erm... a dum reason (embarrasing to say) i doubt Capcom could ever support any other console when they are this desperate.

I wasn't comparing it to the 3DS, but since you mentioned it I'll go ahead and play along. When I say AAA games I mean games with a bigger budget and bigger development team, I think most of Nintendo's exclusive franchises qualify as such. The 3DS sells because of well established franchises (and Nintendo's milking of course xD), when a console/handheld sells well certain developers will feel more confident making games for them and in some cases localizing them for said console/handheld.

Also despite the 3DS appealing to a casual market it still has a decent selection of hardcore titles (assuming we've both come to the understanding that handhelds are basically RPG devices) like Shin Megami Tensei IV, Fire Emblem Awakening, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter 4, Xenoblade Chronicles among others - most of which are of better quality than the games we get on the Vita. The Vita is far more casual than the 3DS imo.

TR;DR I don't dislike the Vita, In fact I love it. I just think it needs more RPGs that are actually good which aren't ports or spank material.

I can show you were they say Vita has no games... but maybe you cant read and understand it, but thats an other topic.   :awesome:

And you wonder why people don't bother trying to have proper conversations with you with an attitude like that.   :awesome:

Google Translator wont help btw, because it looks like many people there have a problem with their own mothertongue.  xD

There, there https://www.ps4-magazin.de/

Also you see many people complaining about 50€/year for 4 (!) games/month, because many simply ignore the Vita.

People who say the Vita has no games is wrong.  It's logically and factually incorrect.

What the vast majority of people mean however when they say that is "The Vita has no games for me".  And that's damn true.  Unless you're a JRPG fan/indie gamer.

So in the end the thread digivolved into something else

Yup... some people stiiiiiiiill don't get it.  :P

And you wonder why people don't bother trying to have proper conversations with you with an attitude like that.   :awesome:

I think he or she's referring to the comments in question not being in English. Since they did mention using Google translate lol

Although I admit this kind of discussion is really getting old. If you look at my game lists, you may not see that many games since I just started playing games on my Vita last year and I use different profile from my PS3. Leaving that aside, I've been reading these kinds of discussion long before I got my Vita because I did my research thoroughly before getting the system and most of the comments and arguments here have been mentioned in many different sites and forums.

Although I do agree that Vita lacks variety. But still, I'll give it some more time, since it's only early last year that the PSV has actually started picking up in terms of sales and releases