Games you wish had a reboot

Mr_MovieMan29

As in, what game out there has not been released as a sequel or reboot of a franchise that should? The Devil May Cry just came out, and I heard it was a wonderful reboot of the series, so I was wondering what others there are?

My opinions:

For the next addition: Jak 4, I love the series and it may be time that Naughty Dog gets to it. I know they were going to make it, but made The Last of Us instead. Still, they should consider it after The Last of Us is released.

For a reboot: Resident Evil, instead of trying RE7, maybe they should erase the character line and restart to a darker story and reintroduce something new. I have not played a lot of RE games, but I just think that would be best. I would hate to lose Leon, but if he is dragged out to long, he will just become less cool.

On a side note, Crash Bandicoot reboot? Yes? No?

• Like 1

For a reboot: Resident Evil, instead of trying RE7, maybe they should erase the character line and restart to a darker story and reintroduce something new. I have not played a lot of RE games, but I just think that would be best. I would hate to lose Leon, but if he is dragged out to long, he will just become less cool.

All of the classic REs' storylines fuckin shine compared to RE4, 5, and 6 (though 6 at least seems okay so far). Also the mood in them is WAY better. Definitely either get the PS1 classics and PSN version on CVX, or get the GCN/Wii remake of RE1, it's even better. They do have tank controls though.

Sequels:

- Dino Crisis

- Nightmare Creatures

- Shenmue

- Manhunt

- DOOM

- Contra

- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

- Metroid

- Duke Nukem

- Brothers in Arms

- Syphon Filter

- Dr. Muto

- Zombies ate my Neighbors

- Battlefield: Bad Company

- PLOK

- Siren

- Gantz

- X-Kaliber 2097

- Army Men

- Shadows of the Damned

- Banjo Kazooie

- The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

Crash Bandicoot, Dino Crisis, Harvest Moon (I'd love one on the PS3, I realize they are still making them for other systems) Toca, Enthusia Professional Racing, Test Drive, Legend of Dragoon among others.

Parker

Technically - GRiD is part of the TOCA series, and with GRiD 2 due out this year(? Next?), that will actually happen.

I would LOVE to see a new Enthusia.

Honestly, though, there is really only one game that I desperately want a new entry of - Omega Boost. A mecha rail shooter that was created by Polyphony Digital, a couple years after the original Gran Turismo, runs in the same engine and looked damn near like a PS2 title.

I really, really would like PD to go back to it and make a new entry - or, at the very least, get the game released as a PSOne Classic on the store :(.

That, and maybe Tourist Trophy.

The Resident Evil series is good enough as it is right now, but I would love to see a reboot of the Dino Crisis games. Or, at least, maybe bring Dino Crisis 3 that came out on Xbox to PS3 (hope I got that right).

I would have said a reboot of Dragon Warrior 7, but there's one being done already for 3DS, but it's still unknown if it will come here (North America).

.... this is such an easy question.

STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT 3

Hell id even take an HD port of 2 :\

This image alone makes me happy in the pan- eh... Happy. :D

Battlefront-3-1-percent-from-completion.jpg

Without a doubt my number one game that needs to be released again! You can get lost for hours playing Star Wars Battlefront II. Other than that I would like to see the Shining Force Series re-booted in HD or Secret of Mana. My two fave RPG's

• 2 years later...

I know we are seeing a lot of HD remakes recently however are there any games that you would like to see get a reboot on ps4.

For me it's Dino Crisis, it was a perfect example of survival action done right with the fear of unpredictable dinos. Loved DC1 and DC2 but didn't play DC3 On X360. I think with this gen being able to create such immersive environments it seems like the perfect time to revive the franchise.

What game(s) would you like to see rebooted?

Edited by DaivRules