DMC 4 Special Edition releases Summer 2015 & Vergil makes his first in-game appearance

Fans have been pretty hyped over DMC 4's port to PS4(as the Special Edition), for 1 reason more then Trophy support...The Man/Demon(Cambion) named "Vergil".

So today with the release of DmC:Devil May Cry Definitive Edition we got a 14 sec teaser trailer revealing the game will release some time this Summer, and my favorite part; Vergil is seen walking the streets of Fortuna using a cloak. 

Thanks to Dante DevilTrigger for uploading the extracted teaser from the Definitive Edition's launch trailer:

Could this brief footage mean Vergil will also hold a campaign or story mode of his own?

Also what kind of role would he play in the game, would he be stealthy avoiding absolute contact with Dante..yet help him & Nero from a distance.

I can even see him meeting Nero, about the Yamato(where Nero will have no clue who he is, but will have a sense of urge to fight him due to how the Yamato reacts to Vergil's presence).

http://www.capcom.co.jp/devil4se/

Edited by DarknessKey92

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Devil may cry is my all time favorite series. I am giddy with excitement for the special edition, this one walk from Vergil got me more excited than 99% of other trailers I had seed in my life.

Thank you for posting this you made my day.

Nice, I can't wait for it even more now. I was skeptical of Vergil getting his own story at first but it actually looks like Capcom will pull it off. If so, then could this be a sign of Capcom slowly redeeming themselves? I hope so.

I so much prefer re-releases of great, geat games with additional content, so younger generations dont get their brains destroyed by the next COD, over shitty money grabing, casual, mainstream sequels.

Edit: Back on the 360 I managed to achieve something like 46 achievements out of 48 and for the last achievement I simply had to SSS another two missions on Hell or Hell mode, but never got around to do so, so I am definetly glad this game gets a re-release so I can finish the job!  Prepare to spend 100+ hours for the platinum.

Edited by Killua-ID

I read a comment saying "what if Vergil's campaign is a prequel to the game's original story".

IDK how they'll do it, but 3 important things that take place in the Original game hinting @ this is:

1. The Yamato when found by Nero is broken in half, but once restored Nero has Vergil's Devil Trigger form behind him in a possessive state talking in sync(perhaps Vergil's lingering spirit/will).

2. The most questionable scene from the trailers back then during the launch of the original DMC 4 was seeing Dante flat out break into the church and shoot Sanctus point blank.

3. When Dante meets Nero for their 2nd encounter, he tells Nero to hand over the Yamato in a slightly sad manner "it was originally my bother's"...soon after the fight tells him the sword was used to separate their world from the Demon's.

Perhaps they could make Vergil's story about him trying to stop the Order of the Sword on his own, only to fail..and be killed by Sanctus; then have Agnus conduct experiments on Vergil to create the Order's Artificial demons based on Vergil's DNA/remains...We won't see the experiments, but we'll hear Agnus & Sanctus mention how they wish to conduct experiments on him to research & create Artificial Demon soldiers of their own throughout Vergil's Campaign.

If you think about it not only in name, but in slight appearance the Angelos look similar to Vergil's Nelo Angelo.

I don't like the idea of Vergil dying, since he's one of my most favorite characters(and he has already gone through Mundus possession in the past which kinda made a few fans mad); but who knows what will happen to be honest. 

Edited by DarknessKey92

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, I thought Vergil died at the end of DMC 1? Oh well, now I'm interested. Anyone else thinks he want Yamato back?

It can be either or depending on how you see it. When he does "die" it does his teleport animation, so it could hint he actually lived. I would like to think he survived into DMC4 but just wanted everyone to think he was dead.

That said with all the costumes they are adding I hope they add a Nelo Angelo Vergil costume and Dante's DMC1 outfit.