Your Favorite Party?

So which three companions do you select the most?

My human rogue assassin has been rolling with Cassandra (two-handed), Cole (double daggers), and either Vivienne or Solas for my mage. This is my first play through, so I'm looking forward to hearing the random conversations of different companions on my next.

Oh and I chose this party off of my own interests in the characters, I wasn't thinking about which combination would be best for battle.

Edited by -Dark Mark-

With my dual dagger rouge my party has been Solas, Cass and Sera. With my Knight Enchanter my party was Blackwall, Sera and Cole. I think both parties worked well on the difficulty I played on.

Now I'm doing a nightmare run (with a Knight Enchanter), and I'm having some difficulty finding a good party.

Edited by WaffelCactus98
  • Like 1

I was a Knight-Enchanter with Cassandra (Two-handed DPS), Blackwall (Tank), and Solas (for ice spells). I would switch out Solas for Dorian (as Necromancer) or Cole (Assassin) every now and then though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked my characters purely over how I like them and not their combo.

Me - Rift mage

Dorian

Varric

Iron Bull

This is my main group but i occasionally i add in all of the others except solas. I do like the conversations between Cassandra and varric so if i take Cassandra i make sure to take out varric as well. Apart from that i think my main 3 are the funniest out of the cast. i realy take cole out because every time i kill somebody he disapproves. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My favorite party for Nightmare

1 Me. (Knight Enchanter Mage)

2 Cassandra 

3 Blackwall

4 was a mix up, I usually changed it around between Cole, Varric, Ironbull or Dorian

For some reason I hated Solas, Vivenne and Sera.. so I rarely used them.

Me as Mage Knight-Enchanter, Solas and Viviene as backup and if i die to revive me and Cassandra as Tank, so they focus on her not on me. Played 3 times on nightmare and it was dream party for me. And easy game. No THAT easy - i dont want to show off - but only dragons and last boss was a little challenge. Also until i have reached Skyhold, vivienne and 13 level game was a little challange. but after that? easy.

• 4 weeks later...

Varric is pretty much the only constant in my party, with Cassandra, Blackwall, and Iron Bull all being used on a rotating basis.

But, having said that, I've never used Dorian ever, picked Cole and Sera both for maybe for 20 minutes, used Vivienne and Solas in a very limited role.

As an elf rogue, I always stuck with two mages and a tank. I'd assign one mage to each element, so Vivienne would do fire damage while Dorion would do ice damage. I'd switch between Cassandra and Iron Bull for the tank, usually siding with iron bull since that's who I romanced. The banter between Vivienne and Iron Bull makes the party a lot more interesting.