What 5 platinums would someone need for you to consider them a Trophy hunting bad ass?

Humonic

I do not understand.. if the game isn't hard, why would I be jealous???? And if im claiming it to not be that hard and that it shouldn't be on the list, wouldn't that mostly imply that I have the Platinum for the game (already)??

I have TS's Platinum Trophy...

Sarcasm.

I searched Terminator on your profile with Ctrl+F, no results, so I assumed you didn't have it

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

Sarcasm.

I searched Terminator on your profile with Ctrl+F, no results, so I assumed you didn't have it

Oh no, I got the sarcasm, it just didn't make sense :l However, seeing as how you oddly somehow didn't find it on my profile, it actually makes sense now!

That was I believe my 3rd Platinum, and i'm at 69 now...

Edited by inFAMOUS Precursor

Sometimes, as mentioned above, 100%'s are even better testaments to a player's "badassery."

I'd go with games that require a lot of skill and aren't BS-able.

-Rogue's Legacy is a good example (even though you can semi-bs Thanatophobia, try to bs the uber-hard redux bosses).

-Shadow of the Colossus, but only for the HTA. Some of those timers are ridiculously short (I'm looking at you #3).

-Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has some intimidating trophies, like S rank the entire friggin' game on Revengeance.

-XCOM: Enemy Unknown is just plain brutal on Impossible difficulty.

-World at War is also pretty damn sadistic on veteran.

-Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is very difficult,

-Anything with extensive time investment in multiplayer features, partly because almost all MP dies out rather quickly so there's sort of a time constraint on it.

For 100%'s

-Spelunky - You have to master the game, more or less.

-DuckTales: Remastered - Ditto for this one.

-Limbo - Ditto for this one.

-Red Dead Redemption has so many DLC multiplayer trophies, you must be truly dedicated to have them all. Good luck with this one.

Basically any game that requires you to master the controls (for games that have good controls) and learn the in's and out's (and even better if it can't be cheesed [i'm looking at you, FromSoft]) is praiseworthy.

I'm on the fence for games that require a lot of grinding. On one hand, it shows you were dedicated. On the other hand, grinding tends to run the fun-factor down a few pegs. I think the best plats are the ones you had the most fun getting, honestly.

Yeah in my opinion, you've reached bad ass status.

You've conquered some hard as fuck games, that's impressive. 

The hard mode is insane.

It's super hard and I believe there's no checkpoints in the level? I could be wrong, but it has 0.50% and it's a single player game.

The difficulty speaks for itself at that point. 

If you get that done dude.. that's some next level bad assery. xD

Thanks :) A pleasure to read that :) I'm really not doing thoses hards plat for "glory" or telling that i'm a boss or something like that.. It's just I live difficulty, reach my limits and go even further^^ Injustice when I saw the 10 guys in the most hard difficulty I was telling me "The Fuck ? I won't have this platinum !!!" But I'm not like that, nothing is impossible, unless if no one have done it before. If somebody already have the plat or something else, just one this mean that it's possible. 

Everything is possible, just have to be really good and never think otherwise. But yeah I had thoses thoughts^^ Anyway just for telling you, I love when you have to be more good than the usual, when you have to go further than your simples limits. That's what I love, when you beat one thing like this, you're happy as fuck !!! xD

Hum you pick my curiosity my friend :) I already seen this game on PC, at least I thought. I thought it was just a game MP, in coop where you have to kill some wave of ennemies. And on top of that, you tell me it's only an SP game ? !!!! :) Mine Gott the more I talk with you the more I want this game !!! xD I will buy it I think, the game look pretty cool and, what I'm interested the most : Fucking hard !!!!!^^

Thanks you, you maybe give me my next hard game^^ :) 

Can I add you as my friend on PSN ? If I get Shadow Warrior, I want to tell you if I will get the plat or not !!!^^ 

I'd only consider them a badass if they had at least one hard/grindy platinum in at least five different genres. The broad masses can succeed in a specialty, only the massively special can succeed broadly.

These are platinums that I'd consider top-tier in their genre though

Music/rhythm: Guitar Hero 4+(the ones with the full band), Any Rock Band Game, Rocksmith, DJ Hero, DDR

Roguelite: Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Guided Fate Paradox

ARPG: Souls Games

JRPG: I'm not gonna open that can of worms, so I'm not gonna list any of them

No MMORPG's though, I think they belong on the PC, so I don't think they should have any trophies

Other: Catherine, Surgeon Simulator, Sound Shapes (Death Mode is impressive the first time you beat it, the cross save just dilutes the rarity)

• Like 1

1. Injustice ( 0.48% )

- we surely know how terrible the battle games are and leveling up to 100 is such a pain. Some trophies are really easy but requires a lot of time and patience.

2. Dead or Alive 5 ( 0.77% )

- ugh 1000 online fights plus those frustrating game difficulties , especially survival mode from Hard to Legend which requires 100 wins each x.x ,those 3 legendary costumes that you needed to unlock  x.x , it makes me sick ( - .\)

3. Mortal Kombat 9 ( 0.75% )

- the veeeeeeery long tower, not to mention the "My Kung Fu is Stronger" trophy that you need to gain mastery with all characters available which can be completed within 300 hours or more, that's really a pain, the online ones as well..

4. Blood Drive ( 1.11% )

- because this game is really boriiing x.x and the game is really hard geez, I can't stand playing this

5. Catherine ( 2.56% )

- this game can be so frustrating in hard mode especially if you're playing blindly lol.. you need to have the skills for this game, the normal difficulty can be really easy if you've got the patience to know the puzzles very well, never tried easy mode though..I wanna plat this too soon

TO ALL WHO HAVE PLAT THESE GAMES,

You have my deepest respect, I bow to you x3

Edited by CaTofWaRxMiKu04

Can someone peek at my profile and see if I have any of the badass trophies, (yolo) when I look at them, I dont really know on what to think on them :D ( my opinion was stated in page 4)

Attention seek much?  :giggle:

Had a glance

Conclusion: Level 1 novice 

Edited by Aela

You still got time to be the best pokemon master. Vanquish qualifies so you're kinda badass. 

But that means, I'll be 10 years old forever....

No prinny trophies? 0/10 dood

I only say this to hide how jelly I am of that badass Vanquish plat dood

One day Wdjat, one day I'll have more Prinny plats than you....just not today >.<

• Like 1

Thanks :) A pleasure to read that :) I'm really not doing thoses hards plat for "glory" or telling that i'm a boss or something like that.. It's just I live difficulty, reach my limits and go even further^^ Injustice when I saw the 10 guys in the most hard difficulty I was telling me "The Fuck ? I won't have this platinum !!!" But I'm not like that, nothing is impossible, unless if no one have done it before. If somebody already have the plat or something else, just one this mean that it's possible. 

Everything is possible, just have to be really good and never think otherwise. But yeah I had thoses thoughts^^ Anyway just for telling you, I love when you have to be more good than the usual, when you have to go further than your simples limits. That's what I love, when you beat one thing like this, you're happy as fuck !!! xD

Hum you pick my curiosity my friend :) I already seen this game on PC, at least I thought. I thought it was just a game MP, in coop where you have to kill some wave of ennemies. And on top of that, you tell me it's only an SP game ? !!!! :) Mine Gott the more I talk with you the more I want this game !!! xD I will buy it I think, the game look pretty cool and, what I'm interested the most : Fucking hard !!!!!^^

Thanks you, you maybe give me my next hard game^^ :)

Can I add you as my friend on PSN ? If I get Shadow Warrior, I want to tell you if I will get the plat or not !!!^^ 

All the trophies are SP, so you need skill to get the plat.. there's no get out of jail free card like boosting. 

Yeah sure add me, it'll be cool to see you do it.