Thoughts on trophies?

It's such a shame there are 18 trophies and NO PLATINUM! The same as Far Cry Blood Dragon with 19 trophies

Ubisoft u mad bro?!

There are 2 Ratchet & Clank games with 22 trophies + Platinum; Why is ubisoft doing this if they know that a Platinum attracts more players? 

EDIT:

The Order 1886 has 21 trophies +Platinum

inFamous First Light has 24 trophies + Platinum

Edited by charlijaen
  • Like 1

It's such a shame there are 18 trophies and NO PLATINUM! The same as Far Cry Blood Dragon with 19 trophies

Ubisoft u mad bro?!

There are 2 Ratchet & Clank games with 22 trophies + Platinum; Why is ubisoft doing this if they know that a Platinum attracts more players? 

EDIT:

Not everyone care that much about trophies

• Like 2

Ubisoft u mad bro?!

EDIT:

Well it depends on the points whether or not a game has a platinum trophy and not on the amount of trophies. But yeah, I also expected a plat.

• Like 1

I like the look of the trophies (yay, red), but I didn't like some of the requirements when I first looked at the achievements list. I just hope there's plenty of enemies so those 25/30/50/100 requirement trophies don't require way too many replays of levels.

I was not expecting a platinum trophy (mainly due to this being part of the Unity season pass originally), but it is a bit sad to not see one especially considering it's 1000GS for the Xbox players.

Just because a game does or doesn't have a platinum, shouldn't be a reason to dictate whether or not to buy a game. I pity those who only buy games for the platinum trophies.

However if your just speaking your mind and buy the game anyways, that's a different story and sorry for my rant.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 4

Ubisoft u mad bro?!

EDIT:

A game with a platinum trophy needs to have a trophy list with about 1000 - 1250 trophy points.

• Platinum = 180 points
  • Gold = 90 points
  • Silver = 30 points
  • Bronze = 15 points

This list has mostly bronze trophies with 3 silver trophies and no gold trophies which totals to 315 points, nowhere near 1,000 points. So even though The Order or inFamous: First Light might have the same number of trophies, those games have many gold and silver trophies, which total to 1000+ points, which is why they have platinum trophies. Also, you shouldn't make your purchasing decisions based on if a game has a platinum trophy or not :P Buy what you like and have fun with it!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Ubisoft u mad bro?!

EDIT:

I think Sony also have a say in what criteria a game needs to meet in order to be worthy of a Platinum. Sony apparently define games into "Large Scope" and "Small Scope" according to some internal criteria. See here: http://gearnuke.com/former-sony-dev-comments-outlasts-missing-platinum-trophy-explains-trophy-allocation-works/ 

Small scope don't get a plat.

It doesn't always make sense, I agree. And I do get the feeling that Sony favours games it has a hand in publishing and/or has exclusivity for. I didn't expect Titan Souls to get a plat, but there you go.

Honestly I expected a list like Freedom Cry's stand alone DLC.

Its probably a little too short to justify a platinum anyways.

I've heard they are also making AC Chronicles for both India and Russia as well.

I doubt it will ever happen, but maybe they'll release all of the Chronicles on disc and add a platinum with the disc version of the games. (Wishful thinking)

As you guys have written, Sony has this two categories for games, but i've just seen this new PS4 game: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3517-LA-Cops  -->1140 points with 10 gold (lol) has the same points as a game of 35+ trophies with a lot of bronze

Maybe the LA Cops game is PS4 exclusive, and SONY rewards the developers with a juicy trophy list to attract more buyers to compensate the XBOX users that could have purchased the game.

I don´t stop buying games because of their trophy list (actually I´ve played Far Cry Blood Dragon, and will play Battlefield 1943, AC Freedom Cry because I like those games and the goal for they are made, FUN. But many people don´t know how fun is to try to earn trophies. By the way, I don't want 10 gold trophies in a game. I prefer enough bronze trophies to work on them. 

This is just my point of view :]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was hoping they'd do an all out game with the China theme but I guess I'll take this. I think their all out games they're sticking with Europe, so all the other places they're going to do this way. The bad thing I see with this is that they might start milking the 2D games and release a couple every year. The trophies for this game seem pretty good and challenging, and the story seems promising. For the price I'm looking forward to playing more of it.

• 5 months later...

A game with a platinum trophy needs to have a trophy list with about 1000 - 1250 trophy points.

• Platinum = 180 points
  • Gold = 90 points
  • Silver = 30 points
  • Bronze = 15 points
This list has mostly bronze trophies with 3 silver trophies and no gold trophies which totals to 315 points, nowhere near 1,000 points. So even though The Order or inFamous: First Light might have the same number of trophies, those games have many gold and silver trophies, which total to 1000+ points, which is why they have platinum trophies. Also, you shouldn't make your purchasing decisions based on if a game has a platinum trophy or not :P Buy what you like and have fun with it!

No point pointing out what we already know. It's more that they could of had way more trophies in the game. Especially that it is a decent lenght. I hate when games don't have platinums when they should and others have them and probably shouldn't. Why does the Xbox keep having 1000 points and we don't even come close?