Post Your Internet Speeds

thegirlruka

4583597151.png

No I'm not living right next to super internets.  :awesome:

That's faster than 97% of America >.> yet slower than what I have in the UK. Worried about moving to America now. I love fast internetz, I thought US would be like 200+ on fibre optics lol.

That's faster than 97% of America >.> yet slower than what I have in the UK. Worried about moving to America now. I love fast internetz, I thought US would be like 200+ on fibre optics lol.

The only way you're going to get speeds like that is if you had access to Google Fiber:

ooklagigabit.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

Unfortunately, the infrastructure isn't quite there yet and it is only available in 9 cities (almost all of which are in the midwest-middle of the US).

The rest of America have to deal with the standard capitalistic marketing ploys: throttled-down speeds at high prices, and you have to be ready to fork over more money if you want higher speeds.

The only way you're going to get speeds like that is if you had access to Google Fiber:

Unfortunately, the infrastructure isn't quite there yet and it is only available in 9 cities (almost all of which are in the midwest-middle of the US).

The rest of America have to deal with the standard capitalistic marketing ploys: throttled-down speeds at high prices, and you have to be ready to fork over more money if you want higher speeds.

Well now, that's more like it xD *sigh* wonder if I can find a list of cities it's in. 

You have google fiber? I heard that the fibers they use are made out of the stuff that makes world peace. I am very jealous.

Well now, that's more like it xD *sigh* wonder if I can find a list of cities it's in. 

Here's a map of the cities with upcoming plans:

d27dc73e222ade911b1f1e6942df3096.PNG

I was mistaken when I said 9 cities currently have it; only 3 are established so far and 6 are currently mid-development. 3 more cities are planned but nothing has been mobilized or set in stone yet.

You have google fiber? I heard that the fibers they use are made out of the stuff that makes world peace. I am very jealous.

Yeah, the 1ms ping is unreal. What amazes me even more is how they are able to offer the services that they do. The 1000/1000 Mbps speeds are $70/month and they even offer a basic option at 5/1 Mbps speeds at $0/month.

Here's a map of the cities with upcoming plans:

d27dc73e222ade911b1f1e6942df3096.PNG

I was mistaken when I said 9 cities currently have it; only 3 are established so far and 6 are currently mid-development. 3 more cities are planned but nothing has been mobilized or set in stone yet.

Yeah, the 1ms ping is unreal. What amazes me even more is how they are able to offer the services that they do. The 1000/1000 Mbps speeds are $70/month and they even offer a basic option at 5/1 Mbps speeds at $0/month.

Heh, my b/f said Raleigh was getting it, that's where he wants to move back to. Seems like I may be in luck.

• 3 months later...

It took me a good while to even load the test page. ;)

I got 5.63Mbps down and 0.66Mbps up!

Guess what they got on literally the other side of the street? They can get at least 100 down and 20 up, if not up to around 500 down and 500 up. No joke!

Oh, I've called the ISP that offers internet to the people on the other side of the street. They weren't interested in digging cables over to our side of the street, because of the tram lines. It's not like the street hasn't been dug up like 5 times already over the last 7 years or something. There was even fixed up an old tram station here for quite a lot of money, and then they removed it a half year later. Like wtf?!

Edited by MMDE

4924793338.png

Got new internet last week and well... this is way lower than what i'm supposed to be getting. I'm getting a guy over from the company next week so hopefully i'll be getting some better rates then...

Is this for real? Your upload is 4 times faster than download?

This is the first time I actually see something like that. I'm serious.

on topic:

download - 4 Mb/s

upload - 0.88 Mb/s

Yes, totally not good for playing fighting games online. :(

• 1 month later...