Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Except don't forget I almost had that trophy on both my Universe and Faize run...that is a lot of time spent on that trophy.

Also my Quest run was also my Ethereal Queen run so some of that time was spent getting the best gear and getting to 255 again.

Lol, I'll never forget those rants about the quest trophy :lol:.

Ah ok, I thought that was purely for the quests.

Added you to the Hall of Fame as the 10th member to finishe the Epic Quest. Enjoy some well-deserved R&R at the mansion and I hope to see you again during the next Epic Quest to plat SO5 :awesome:.

Lol, I'll never forget those rants about the quest trophy :lol:.

Ah ok, I thought that was purely for the quests.

Added you to the Hall of Fame as the 10th member to finishe the Epic Quest. Enjoy some well-deserved R&R at the mansion and I hope to see you again during the next Epic Quest to plat SO5 :awesome:.

Stupid Quest trophy :( At least future people going for the platinum will have a better Trophy Guide to look at...I can take solace in that.

I can't even think about SO5...I have another Epic QUest to prepare for. It involves Dreams, Sheep...and a woman named Catherine

• Like 2

Stupid Quest trophy :( At least future people going for the platinum will have a better Trophy Guide to look at...I can take solace in that.

I can't even think about SO5...I have another Epic QUest to prepare for. It involves Dreams, Sheep...and a woman named Catherine

I totally didn't get that video clip choice at first. Was like, "what in the hell does CSI: Miami have to do with SO4 or Catherine?" I just had to click on it and after hearing the words, it all made sense. Too bad it also reminded me of that horrible show and the corniest character of all time, Horatio Caine. B)  So so bad.

Jumping from SO4 to Catherine, you must really be a masochist. Could that possibly be your #200 as well?

Edited by MStalker58

I totally didn't get that video clip choice at first. Was like, "what in the hell does CSI: Miami have to do with SO4 or Catherine?" I just had to click on it and after hearing the words, it all made sense. Too bad it also reminded me of that horrible show and the corniest character of all time, Horatio Caine. B)  So so bad.

Jumping from SO4 to Catherine, you must really be a masochist. Could that possibly be your #200 as well?

Well 200 is going to bring me to hell...Catherine may be what I was hinting at... :devil:...what's that...is the doctor's mysterious 200 thread going to open up tomorrow? That is a good question maybe everyone should check back tomorrow :awesome: 

• Like 1

Where art tho platrunner . :hmm:

Thats not a problem, I'll be live streaming most of it so will post updates with highlight vids here as I go along.
As for the games being out of order most of them seem to be my PS3 trophies out of sync with my PS4 trophies, not quite sure why that is?

Anyway good luck to everyone, I'll be making my start tonight.
Can't wait to get back into this game.  :wave:

shiftyeyes.gif

Edited by Behemoth Balls

Where art tho platrunner . :hmm:

shiftyeyes.gif

Maybe he had an errand to run :P.

It's good that you're already over it. If it was me, I'd be pissed about that for at least a few months.

Awesome, good luck with Catherine, hoping to see you join soon :D.

After preparing themselves for the final challenge ahead, Edge and the others take one last look at the Calnus before heading toward the Palace of Creation, ready to face the final hurdle of their journey. Sprinting over and over without rest; they avoid all enemies in between and skip every cutscene because they've all been seen so many times already.

As they draw closer and closer, they begin to realize that all of the hours they've spent together are about to wrap up into one singularly, beautiful golden moment. After several months, it all comes down to this. They then enter the door and race to the end. They know the route so extremely well, it's like they've been here before. Total time to reach Apostle of Creation ~ 8 minutes. Edge, Reimi, Bacchus, and Sarah lead the charge.

Within minutes, Apostle of Creation falls with relative ease. The team is not ready to celebrate just yet because they know the real battle is just ahead. Twisting and turning through the final path, they try to carefully navigate their way to the end and avoid entering any battles with the Grigori in between. Almost there...almost.... shit! Stupid Kokabiel again! A mere distraction from the real prize, the team quickly dispatches him and continues moving forward; nothing stands in their way now. They approach the glowing light and enter the battle with Satanail.

Awaiting their arrival, Satanail doesn't hold anything back. Sarah positions herself in a corner and supports her teammates from a safe distance while the others gang up on Satanail with full force. Minutes pass and Sarah works extra hard to keep everyone alive. Reimi and Bacchus appear to take the worst of it. Then it finally happens...Satanail goes down and they emerge victorious! All that's left to do is sit back and watch the credits roll for the last time.

"YESSSS, COMPLETION!!!" Thy epic quest has finally reached an end and that sweet, sweet SO4 :platinum: trophy is now in hand (and permanently displayed in my trophy cabinet, of course!) Here are the final numbers xD

Earth - 428:51

Galaxy - 27:10

Universe - 12:41

Chaos - 11:47

47/47 Trophies - 900/900 Battle Trophies - 480:29 Total Hours

:o :O :o :O :o :O :o :O :o :O

Congrats my friend :D Squeaked in right before the original deadline. Finally the Stars can rest at the bottom of the Ocean where they belong

Edited by Dr_Mayus

After preparing themselves for the final challenge ahead, Edge and the others take one last look at the Calnus before heading toward the Palace of Creation, ready to face the final hurdle of their journey. Sprinting over and over without rest; they avoid all enemies in between and skip every cutscene because they've all been seen so many times already.

As they draw closer and closer, they begin to realize that all of the hours they've spent together are about to wrap up into one singularly, beautiful golden moment. After several months, it all comes down to this. They then enter the door and race to the end. They know the route so extremely well, it's like they've been here before. Total time to reach Apostle of Creation ~ 8 minutes. Edge, Reimi, Bacchus, and Sarah lead the charge.

Within minutes, Apostle of Creation falls with relative ease. The team is not ready to celebrate just yet because they know the real battle is just ahead. Twisting and turning through the final path, they try to carefully navigate their way to the end and avoid entering any battles with the Grigori in between. Almost there...almost.... shit! Stupid Kokabiel again! A mere distraction from the real prize, the team quickly dispatches him and continues moving forward; nothing stands in their way now. They approach the glowing light and enter the battle with Satanail.

Awaiting their arrival, Satanail doesn't hold anything back. Sarah positions herself in a corner and supports her teammates from a safe distance while the others gang up on Satanail with full force. Minutes pass and Sarah works extra hard to keep everyone alive. Reimi and Bacchus appear to take the worst of it. Then it finally happens...Satanail goes down and they emerge victorious! All that's left to do is sit back and watch the credits roll for the last time.

"YESSSS, COMPLETION!!!" Thy epic quest has finally reached an end and that sweet, sweet SO4 :platinum: trophy is now in hand (and permanently displayed in my trophy cabinet, of course!) Here are the final numbers xD

Earth - 428:51

Galaxy - 27:10

Universe - 12:41

Chaos - 11:47

47/47 Trophies - 900/900 Battle Trophies - 480:29 Total Hours

Awesome, congrats with completing your epic quest :yay:. I've placed an order for your Epic Reward. Enjoy your well-earned rest at the Aexuz Mansion and I hope to see you at the next (slightly less) epic quest to plat SO5 :D.

:o :O :o :O :o :O :o :O :o :O

Congrats my friend :D Squeaked in right before the original deadline. Finally the Stars can rest at the bottom of the Ocean where they belong

Thanks! I was really pushing to meet the original deadline. I'm glad I was able to do it :D

Awesome, congrats with completing your epic quest :yay:. I've placed an order for your Epic Reward. Enjoy your well-earned rest at the Aexuz Mansion and I hope to see you at the next (slightly less) epic quest to plat SO5 :D.

Ahhh rest feels so good...actually, it felt kinda strange not playing any SO4 today. I'm completely done with it now so it just feels a bit weird. Either way, count me in for the next quest. I look forward to joining you guys again for that!

Thanks! I was really pushing to meet the original deadline. I'm glad I was able to do it :D

Ahhh rest feels so good...actually, it felt kinda strange not playing any SO4 today. I'm completely done with it now so it just feels a bit weird. Either way, count me in for the next quest. I look forward to joining you guys again for that!

I know the first day I came home, sat on my couch, found a podcast...and I realized I had no Star Ocean to play :P

Hi everyone,

I want to join this challenge. I played and beat the main quest of the game back in 2012 but never had the desire to try for the platinum (or even some of the battle trophies). Then suddenly last month I decided I wanted to try for the platinum so I could add an ultra rare platinum to my small collection of trophies. When I was looking up one of the treasure lists or something I found this thread and have been following it for the last several weeks and now that I am back playing SO4 again, I've found the thread to be really motivating. In fact I've read the entire thread while grinding some Arumat kills. So I wanted to do my part and hopefully help some others get motivated to platinum this game in 2016!

My current BT progress:

Edge: 82
Reimi: 67
Faize: 44
Lymle: 69
Bacchus: 71
Meracle: 72
Sarah: 72
Myuria: 67
Arumat: 78

Total: 622

EDIT (to include time and trophies): 159:55 on this save and I don't know how much on my old save since I saved over it. I just played through the main quest, so is it fair to call it 40 hours since I didn't really grind or get any BTs on it? I've got 37/47 trophies, just need the bunnies, BT % ones, difficulty related trophies, and the weapon and item completion/creation ones 
Edited by KempDogg410
  • Like 3

A quick little update to let you all know what I've been up to.

I've farmed enough clay to stock up on the Philosopher's Stones (as of now I have 12), and knocked off some of the Lymle's drops and kills (which is nice, because I'm sick of the WD and the Bone Knights are much easier to fry than the twitchy and always-running-away Spellcasters).

Only 155 Lymle's drops and 235 Myuria's drops, and I'll say goodbye to the -ology grinding until the Faize's playthrough. Can't bloody wait.

Myuria's grind is going to be a pain, since the drop rate doesn't seem generous and the Golems take ages to kill... and I need those kills, esp the spell ones, dammit.

I think I'll try to go a little deeper into WD and try my luck on the next demon enemy tier. Of course, if the blasted world decides to crash on me again, it will be even more painful... I'll just hope it won't happen. So far I've crashed only once.

The next two weeks are going to be hell IRL, so no updates are going to be made until June 7th.

Really, thanks for extending the deadline, Dragon. There is no way in hell I would've made it in time otherwise (though, neither would've you, eh?). Just don't forget to update the dates in the opening post... the editing issue was fixed, right?

I know the first day I came home, sat on my couch, found a podcast...and I realized I had no Star Ocean to play :P

Well if you both are that sad about it, you could plat it on an alternate account :P ... or join the sequel: the slightly less epic quest to plat Star Ocean 5 :awesome:.

Hi everyone,

I want to join this challenge. I played and beat the main quest of the game back in 2012 but never had the desire to try for the platinum (or even some of the battle trophies). Then suddenly last month I decided I wanted to try for the platinum so I could add an ultra rare platinum to my small collection of trophies. When I was looking up one of the treasure lists or something I found this thread and have been following it for the last several weeks and now that I am back playing SO4 again, I've found the thread to be really motivating. In fact I've read the entire thread while grinding some Arumat kills. So I wanted to do my part and hopefully help some others get motivated to platinum this game in 2016!

My current BT progress:

Edge: 82
Reimi: 67
Faize: 44
Lymle: 69
Bacchus: 71
Meracle: 72
Sarah: 72
Myuria: 67
Arumat: 78

Total: 622

EDIT (to include time and trophies): 159:55 on this save and I don't know how much on my old save since I saved over it. I just played through the main quest, so is it fair to call it 40 hours since I didn't really grind or get any BTs on it? I've got 37/47 trophies, just need the bunnies, BT % ones, difficulty related trophies, and the weapon and item completion/creation ones 

Awesome, welcome to the epic quest :highfive:. Also congrats on being the 50th participant :yay:.

Wow, it's impressive you read the entire thread :o.

A quick little update to let you all know what I've been up to.

I've farmed enough clay to stock up on the Philosopher's Stones (as of now I have 12), and knocked off some of the Lymle's drops and kills (which is nice, because I'm sick of the WD and the Bone Knights are much easier to fry than the twitchy and always-running-away Spellcasters).

Only 155 Lymle's drops and 235 Myuria's drops, and I'll say goodbye to the -ology grinding until the Faize's playthrough. Can't bloody wait.

Myuria's grind is going to be a pain, since the drop rate doesn't seem generous and the Golems take ages to kill... and I need those kills, esp the spell ones, dammit.

I think I'll try to go a little deeper into WD and try my luck on the next demon enemy tier. Of course, if the blasted world decides to crash on me again, it will be even more painful... I'll just hope it won't happen. So far I've crashed only once.

The next two weeks are going to be hell IRL, so no updates are going to be made until June 7th.

Really, thanks for extending the deadline, Dragon. There is no way in hell I would've made it in time otherwise (though, neither would've you, eh?). Just don't forget to update the dates in the opening post... the editing issue was fixed, right?

Nice work, I'll be giving SO4 my full attention after 2 more plats.

You're welcome :D, though I didn't do it for me, seeing how there's already a complete set with my name on it in the OP :awesome:.

Oh right, forgot all about that. Updated the OP with the extended time limit. Thnx for the reminder.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Well if you both are that sad about it, you could plat it on an alternate account :P ... or join the sequel: the slightly less epic quest to plat Star Ocean 5 :awesome:.

I have actually decide to delete my account completely as I don't like my name anymore. I want to be 69_XxX_Doctor__XxX_69 and I plan on making SO4 my first platinum. :P

• Like 2

Awesome, welcome to the epic quest :highfive:. Also congrats on being the 50th participant :yay:.

Wow, it's impressive you read the entire thread :o.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll do my best not to let you guys down since I'm the 50th participant and all!!

As for reading the thread - it gave me something entertaining to do while grinding a few thousand Arumat kills.  :lol:

My strategy has been to grind kills in between other "smaller" BTs so that way I'm not grinding 30k all at once for the last BT. Probably not the most efficient way to do it, however, for me its mentally easier knowing that at the end I'll have (hopefully) considerably fewer kills to do. 

The goal for tonight is to get my 100 bunny race wins. I think I'm pretty close, but don't know for sure. After that I may grind some -ology drops or something like that. 

Hope you get your two other platinums soon!! 

The SO5 thread should be up on June 1st, note that it won't start until the game has been released on June 28th.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll do my best not to let you guys down since I'm the 50th participant and all!!

As for reading the thread - it gave me something entertaining to do while grinding a few thousand Arumat kills.  :lol:

My strategy has been to grind kills in between other "smaller" BTs so that way I'm not grinding 30k all at once for the last BT. Probably not the most efficient way to do it, however, for me its mentally easier knowing that at the end I'll have (hopefully) considerably fewer kills to do. 

The goal for tonight is to get my 100 bunny race wins. I think I'm pretty close, but don't know for sure. After that I may grind some -ology drops or something like that. 

Hope you get your two other platinums soon!! 

Lol, you should try watching some anime while grinding, it really helps.

Nice, that's a good strategy

Thnx :D

Well, I guess I can go ahead and give an update on my progress.

I just landed on Roak and have done very little exploring on the actual planet.

4/47 Trophies -  83/900 Battle Trophies -   24:34:09 Hours

Nice work, added it to the OP.

You know, I would rather try to speed run Rogue Galaxy than try to plat this game. I thought about it a sec but then remembered how much pain you guys went through, so I probably won't have the courage. (Speaking of Speed Runs, go check out RPG Limit Break - every May they do a charity marathon of speed-running RPGs for the National Association for Mental Illness, something I am way too familiar with. They also do fun series relay races and did a speed run of the original version of this game in their Star Ocean relay.) However, I plan on doing the Summer Backlog and try to platinum PS4 Ratchet and Clank during that, I really want to try out this game.

• Like 1

The thread for the Epic Quest #2 is up. Also after today I'll no longer be accepting participants for this Epic Quest.

You know, I would rather try to speed run Rogue Galaxy than try to plat this game. I thought about it a sec but then remembered how much pain you guys went through, so I probably won't have the courage. (Speaking of Speed Runs, go check out RPG Limit Break - every May they do a charity marathon of speed-running RPGs for the National Association for Mental Illness, something I am way too familiar with. They also do fun series relay races and did a speed run of the original version of this game in their Star Ocean relay.) However, I plan on doing the Summer Backlog and try to platinum PS4 Ratchet and Clank during that, I really want to try out this game.

Good luck with the summer backlog and those MMOs.

Assuming no unforeseen events happen on the game's release date, such as an arm injury, or a certain impossible platinum getting a patch, it's likely.

Awesome, looking forward to see how fast it can be platted.

• Like 1