Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Well, I reached the x8 ambush fight on Aeos I was worried about... On Universe difficulty I could survive till the final round, then my attacks started doing only 10-20 damage a hit. Now on Chaos, it's like that on the first round... I guess I have some leveling to do. -_-

Actually, I had both Myuria & Lymle in my party (didn't have Sarah yet), & none of them were really healing when they should have. <_< I guess their Intellect stat doesn't reflect their -actual- intelligence. :P This is what happens almost every boss fight:

Edge: Lymle heal me, I'm almost dead!

Lymle: 'Kay. *goes to hit enemy with wand*

Edge: *Dead* :rolleyes:

Monsters: *laughing*

Lol, I keep blindsiding those bugs on Aeos, only to be attacked by those wasps and losing my bonus board :facepalm:

• Like 1

Lol, I keep blindsiding those bugs on Aeos, only to be attacked by those wasps and losing my bonus board :facepalm:

I hate those dame wasps, trust me, it's 10x worse on Chaos. Actually, a lot of the flying enemies are a pain if you're using a physical attacker, I usually try to avoid the wasps, bats, etc.

Well, I reached the x8 ambush fight on Aeos I was worried about... On Universe difficulty I could survive till the final round, then my attacks started doing only 10-20 damage a hit. Now on Chaos, it's like that on the first round... I guess I have some leveling to do. -_-

That's weird. I don't remember having to level grind at all on Chaos, or had any issues with the phantoms. According to my save file I beat Chaos at lvl 50.

I'm leveling up in Urd Falls on Aeos, Edge keeps getting defeated all the time. I really need to master the battle system. Anyway here are some stats:

• Time: 2:40:37
  • Ship Data: 2/22
  • Treasures: found all 10 in the Exploration Base
  • Edge: 8/100
  • Remi: 2/100 

Looks like a fairly decent start. Try to get to the first boss where you'll get a new character (Faize), then have him kill the boss to work on the 55 Grigori BT. The encounters shouldn't be too bad once you got 3 members instead of 2.

• Like 1

Looks like a fairly decent start. Try to get to the first boss where you'll get a new character (Faize), then have him kill the boss to work on the 55 Grigori BT. The encounters shouldn't be too bad once you got 3 members instead of 2.

Thnx :). I read in the BT guide that there are 6 Grigori bosses, are all of those part of the main story?

That's weird. I don't remember having to level grind at all on Chaos, or had any issues with the phantoms. According to my save file I beat Chaos at lvl 50.

Damn, I was level 70 for Universe. :blink:  Right now I'm around 40 for the Phantom battle, I'm going to try & get to at least 45-50 (or whenever Myuria learns Faerie Healing).

Yeah, any story boss that you get a trophy for killing is a Grigori. There's actually 7, including the final boss, but it doesn't really count since you can't save your progress afterwards.

Ok, but how will that battle trophy for killing the final boss in 10 minutes be saved?

Ok, but how will that battle trophy for killing the final boss in 10 minutes be saved?

You can save your system data, but not your save date, so you'll still keep any earned BTs.

Actually, come to think of it, before the final boss, you can refight all the other Grigori. So if you're only missing 5 or 6 Grigori for the 55 Grigori BT, you could finish it there, although you'd have to watch the ending again, so it may be quicker to finish it via the 7SD. :P

Edited by Masamune_316

Damn, I was level 70 for Universe. :blink:  Right now I'm around 40 for the Phantom battle, I'm going to try & get to at least 45-50 (or whenever Myuria learns Faerie Healing).

Maybe that's your problem. I've always sworn by Sarah. Either that, or something must be off with your current setup.

Yeah, pretty much only the system data gets saved. It'll only count if you get the 55th Grigori kill and the BT during the final boss gauntlet. Otherwise, it just puts your progress back to what it was at the last save point.

You can save your system data, but not your save date, so you'll still keep any earned BTs.

Actually, come to think of it, before the final boss, you can refight all the other Grigori. So if you're only missing 5 or 6 Grigori for the 55 Grigori BT, you could finish it there, although you'd have to watch the ending again, so it may be quicker to finish it via the 7SD. :P

Yeah, pretty much only the system data gets saved. It'll only count if you get the 55th Grigori kill and the BT during the final boss gauntlet. Otherwise, it just puts your progress back to what it was at the last save point.

Ok, so technically I could kill 48 Grigories and refight all story bosses to get 7 more for the BT?

finally got a symbol booster >_> game pls y ur drops suck so much? 

If you're playing SO4 too, do you want to join our epic quest?

Ok, so technically I could kill 48 Grigories and refight all story bosses to get 7 more for the BT?

If you're playing SO4 too, do you want to join our epic quest?

You could, but the ending is super-duper long and unskippable. I'd only do that if you have 49 Grigoris killed and are going for Sarah's BT to kill the final boss (6 Grigoris you can kill for Faize, but Sarah needs to kill the final boss under 5 minutes for one of her BTs.)

finally got a symbol booster >_> game pls y ur drops suck so much? 

I remember it took me forever to get a Philosoper's Stone, I ended up getting it from a random chest (Wandering Dungeon) before an enemy even dropped one.

Maybe that's your problem. I've always sworn by Sarah. Either that, or something must be off with your current setup.

I've never been a big Sarah user, but maybe I'll swap-out either Myuria or Lymle & try her out for a bit.

Edited by Masamune_316

You could, but the ending is super-duper long and unskippable. I'd only do that if you have 49 Grigoris killed and are going for Sarah's BT to kill the final boss (6 Grigoris you can kill for Faize, but Sarah needs to kill the final boss under 5 minutes for one of her BTs.)

Oh crap, it's 5 minutes! I thought 10. Ok, I guess it isn't possible to just refight the 6 story bosses?

Oh crap, it's 5 minutes! I thought 10. Ok, I guess it isn't possible to just refight the 6 story bosses?

You'll fight more Grigori in the 7SD and Wandering Dungeon, they're just beefed up version of the story ones. There's 3 in the 7SD, I believe, and after beating them you have to beat Gabriel Celeste to bring them back, and repeat the process. It's slow, but it's pretty much the best way.

You'll fight more Grigori in the 7SD and Wandering Dungeon, they're just beefed up version of the story ones. There's 3 in the 7SD, I believe, and after beating them you have to beat Gabriel Celeste to bring them back, and repeat the process. It's slow, but it's pretty much the best way.

Ok.

Nope, you can only fight them after beating the 2nd-to-last boss, & that's the point of no return.

Damn, I had a feeling this was too good to be true.

I remember it took me forever to get a Philosoper's Stone, I ended up getting it from a random chest (Wandering Dungeon) before an enemy even dropped one.

I've never been a big Sarah user, but maybe I'll swap-out either Myuria or Lymle & try her out for a bit.

My final Chaos party was Edge Reimi Sarah and Myuria. Edge and Reimi did most of the work while Sarah revived the dead, which happened very often. Myuria is there as a backup healer and item user mostly.

It's 5 minutes. But by the time you have 49 Grigoris killed, you should be lvl 255 with all the godly gear made. That shouldn't be a problem even if you won't have Arumat with you.

Though I was trying to get all the exact damage BTs done tonight, Bacchus' 65,536 damage BT eludes me for the time being. I'll try again tomorrow and hope my luck is better. For now, here's my BT update from last week.

• Edge- 80% (Up 1%)
  • Reimi- 96% (Up 9%)
  • Faize- 7% (Still never gonna change this playthrough.)
  • Lymle- 81% (Up 1%)
  • Bacchus- 97% (Up 18%)
  • Meracle- 98% (Up 1%)
  • Sarah- 82% (No increase)
  • Myuria- 83% (Up 5%)
  • Arumat- 95% (Up 2%)
  • Total- 719/900

Current BT goals for the upcoming week; . Finish the exact damage BT for Bacchus, finish all the exact healing BTs for Sarah, Edge, and Myuria, finish Sarah's "Revive incapacitated party members [x number] of times" BTs, finish everyone's "Defeat 100 [status ailment] enemies" BTs and the like, and finish any "Defeat 100 enemies with [spell]" BTs. Go into the Wandering Dungeon and finish Lymle's, Sarah's, and Myuria's 255 drops BTs, Lymle's "Defeat 99 metal scumbag", "Defeat [x number] scumbag enemies" BTs, and "Defeat [x number of] undead enemies" BTs, Myuria's "Defeat [x number of] Demon enemies", Sarah's "Defeat [x number of] animal enemies" and "Defeat [x number of] airborne enemies" BTs, and any "Defeat own Shadow" BTs I have yet to get. Also by going through the Wandering Dungeon, I will be able to get Reimi, Meracle, and Bacchus (should I get his last exact damage BT) to 100%.

I have much more already planned out, but that's just what I hope to get done in the coming week.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

Wow, I almost got a 2000 hit combo on EN II's boss (5000+ hits total), it almost froze up the game. :P Too bad it doesn't give you an EXP bonus for high hit counts.

In hindsight, I should have turned off the vibration for that fight, it probably drained half my controller's battery (& my hands are numb). -_-

Edited by Masamune_316

Wow, I almost got a 2000 hit combo on EN II's boss (5000+ hits total), it almost froze up the game. :P Too bad it doesn't give you an EXP bonus for high hit counts.

In hindsight, I should have turned off the vibration for that fight, it probably drained half my controller's battery (& my hands are numb). -_-

I never understood why people like that. I find it extremely annoying and have set the vibration off in the controller's settings. Also which actions are rewarded with a bonus? The tutorial mentioned it, but I forgot :facepalm:. It was too much info at once.

It's 5 minutes. But by the time you have 49 Grigoris killed, you should be lvl 255 with all the godly gear made. That shouldn't be a problem even if you won't have Arumat with you.

Ooh, nice. 

If I join it's gonna take me forever to. Maybe another 2 to 3 years o3o 

Ok, let me know if you change your mind.

I never understood why people like that. I find it extremely annoying and have set the vibration off in the controller's settings. Also which actions are rewarded with a bonus? The tutorial mentioned it, but I forgot :facepalm:. It was too much info at once.

I only wrote a few of them down, when I noticed specific actions I did was awarded with bonus tiles. I don't know all of them, so here goes.

SP tile: When you're ambushed

XP tile: Blindside an enemy

HP/MP: Attack/Defeat 2 enemies at the same time.

I may or may not be right on the second two though.

• Like 1

I only wrote a few of them down, when I noticed specific actions I did was awarded with bonus tiles. I don't know all of them, so here goes.

SP tile: When you're ambushed

XP tile: Blindside an enemy

HP/MP: Attack/Defeat 2 enemies at the same time.

I may or may not be right on the second two though.

Nice, the XP tile might be correct. I've been blindsiding a lot of bugs and ended up with lots of blue tiles. Also got a pink one once, so that must've been from the ambush.

It's actually

Pink (HP/MP) Kill enemy using only skills

Green (SP) Ambush

Yellow (Money) Multi-kill

Blue (Exp) Kill with a critical hit

Only the SP or HP/MP one I'd say is useful early on. The rest don't really matter as much until you get to the 7 Star Dungeon.

• Like 2