Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

It's actually

Pink (HP/MP) Kill enemy using only skills

Green (SP) Ambush

Yellow (Money) Multi-kill

Blue (Exp) Kill with a critical hit

Only the SP or HP/MP one I'd say is useful early on. The rest don't really matter as much until you get to the 7 Star Dungeon.

Ok, I'll add this to the OP too. Also how can you change AI party members to just stand around during a fight? I want to use Faize to kill the boss for a Grigori kill and that 130 different type kills. 

Ok, I'll add this to the OP too. Also how can you change AI party members to just stand around during a fight? I want to use Faize to kill the boss for a Grigori kill and that 130 different type kills. 

You have to go to tactics and set the to "do nothing" and they'll be set to Manual mode, so they won't do anything.

R1/L1 to switch to the party member, then press right on the D-Pad to set them to manual mode, I believe. You can sort of track if Faize got the kill on an enemy when it shows him after the battle. He has to be the main for it to count though.

It's worth noting for the 130 kinds of enemies BT for Faize that it's not missable. There are 154 enemies in the monster book that count towards this, and 24 of them are bosses. If you beat the bosses with Faize, it'll speed up the process, but if not, you'll have to fight all of the enemies in the game and beat them at least once with Faize, including the enemies in the 7SD and WD.

It's worth noting for the 130 kinds of enemies BT for Faize that it's not missable.

Technically, it *is* missable.  Keep in mind that there are a bunch of dungeons that you only visit once and can't return to, so if you aren't getting kills for him there and/or he's not getting boss kills, you can screw yourself out of this BT.

Technically, it *is* missable.  Keep in mind that there are a bunch of dungeons that you only visit once and can't return to, so if you aren't getting kills for him there and/or he's not getting boss kills, you can screw yourself out of this BT.

Ah, that's right. It's been quite a bit since I've actually played through the game, so I did forget there are some missable places. Thanks for the correction.

I think by opening up the battle menu in a fight and pressing left or right on the controller with swap them between manual and auto, but I don't exactly remember.

R1/L1 to switch to the party member, then press right on the D-Pad to set them to manual mode, I believe. You can sort of track if Faize got the kill on an enemy when it shows him after the battle. He has to be the main for it to count though.

Ok, thnx :D.

Well, I can go to the final boss any time now. Before I do that though, I want to get some more of those Red Dragon Scales (+20% DEF), I've been searching for an hour & only have 2. I must have been extremely lucky on my Universe playthrough, because I got like 6 without even knowing.

Well, I can go to the final boss any time now. Before I do that though, I want to get some more of those Red Dragon Scales (+20% DEF), I've been searching for an hour & only have 2. I must have been extremely lucky on my Universe playthrough, because I got like 6 without even knowing.

Geez, you blew through that Chaos playthrough, huh? Well, good luck with finding those Red Dragons Scales.

Geez, you blew through that Chaos playthrough, huh? Well, good luck with finding those Red Dragons Scales.

Thanks, what I'd give to have that Duplication skill right now. -_-  So far, Chaos hasn't been all that bad though, I'm at 20 hours (level 62) right now.

All right, I just got 2 3 in a row! :yay:

Edited by Masamune_316

Thanks, what I'd give to have that Duplication skill right now. -_-  So far, Chaos hasn't been all that bad though, I'm at 20 hours (level 62) right now.

All right, I just got 2 in a row! :yay:

Dang, I hope that it'll go so smoothly and fast for me once I attempt them. Though Universe may be slow since I'm gonna enjoy watching all the scenes, but in Japanese rather than English, haha. But I'll be able to speedrun my way through Chaos. And If I can get the 2 EQ BTs soon, I won't have to do an Earth playthrough. Also, nice!

WWwLUXl.jpg

:awesome:

Party: Arumat (65), Meracle (67), Edge (67), Myuria (67)

Time: 21 hours

I had a +72% ATK boost on all my weapons (attackers), so my attack was good, but I only had a +40% DEF boost on all my armor (I got lazy). There was a lot of death in that final fight, I pretty much controlled Myuria the whole time, casting Faerie Healing & Restoration every second (luckily, he completely ignored my healer). :P So I'd recommend at least a +60-80% DEF boost on all your armor (around 3500-4000 total DEF, & 30000+ HP) before taking on the final boss in Chaos Mode.

Now all I have left is around 24% of the BTs, then I shall complete this EPIC QUEST! :yay:

I hope I get to this point sometime, you inspire me. I'm trying my best to get my other games done. T_T 

• Like 1

WWwLUXl.jpg

I had a +72% ATK boost on all my weapons (attackers), so my attack was good, but I only had a +40% DEF boost on all my armor (I got lazy). There was a lot of death in that final fight, I pretty much controlled Myuria the whole time, casting Faerie Healing & Restoration every second (luckily, he completely ignored my healer). :P So I'd recommend at least a +60-80% DEF boost on all your armor (around 3500-4000 total DEF, & 30000+ HP) before taking on the final boss in Chaos Mode.

Now all I have left is around 24% of the BTs, then I shall complete this EPIC QUEST! :yay:

Awesome job dude! I don't see myself getting that anytime soon, only because I'm already working on the BTs now. I have about 20% to go, I think, and they're all grindy as hell. Good luck with the last 24% of the BTs you have!

• Like 1

Awesome job dude! I don't see myself getting that anytime soon, only because I'm already working on the BTs now. I have about 20% to go, I think, and they're all grindy as hell. Good luck with the last 24% of the BTs you have!

Thanks, I'm going to try & finish-up Faize's first, I think he's around 80-85%.

WWwLUXl.jpg

This motivates me. IT IS POSSIBLE! *Goes back to grind*

This motivates me. IT IS POSSIBLE! *Goes back to grind*

Yeah, I kinda rushed it towards the end (my wrist accessories were just whatever I had in my inventory, synthesized together), so if I would've took an extra hour to prepare, it could've been a lot easier. :P

Honestly, I think the only reason that trophy is so rare is because you have to do 3 playthroughs to earn it (I actually did 4).

Edited by Masamune_316

WWwLUXl.jpg

Woohoo congrats, you're already eligible for the platinum reward :yay:.

Yeah, I kinda rushed it towards the end (my wrist accessories were just whatever I had in my inventory, synthesized together), so if I would've took an extra hour to prepare, it could've been a lot easier. :P

Honestly, I think the only reason that trophy is so rare is because you have to do 3 playthroughs to earn it (I actually did 4).

And probably because the game scares people off before they even get to a 2nd playthrough, haha. Are you gonna be doing the last BTs you need on Chaos mode, or do you have a previous save from a previous playthrough you can revert to? I plan on keeping a separate file for each playthrough I do just in case I have to revert back for whatever reason.

I really enjoyed this post Dragon! Back in the PS2 era, I finished Till the End of Time and blew my mind! I imported Star Ocean 4 form the states because is a rare game in Mexico, but I wasn´t sure if i could plat the game but thanks to this post and 100% completing Oboro Muramasa resurrected my love for JRPGs!

Im not sure If I will plat it but what the Hell! sign me up! I will play for fun but maybe the plat will come around!

Good luck to us all!

Dioscuri_MEX.png

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this post Dragon! Back in the PS2 era, I finished Till the End of Time and blew my mind! I imported Star Ocean 4 form the states because is a rare game in Mexico, but I wasn´t sure if i could plat the game but thanks to this post and 100% completing Oboro Muramasa resurrected my love for JRPGs!

Im not sure If I will plat it but what the Hell! sign me up! I will play for fun but maybe the plat will come around!

Good luck to us all!

Thnx Dioscuri and welcome to the team :highfive:. Are you going to write your own intro?

Woohoo congrats, you're already eligible for the platinum reward :yay:.

Yay! Although I admit, that name is a little misleading, as I'm still a ways away from the Platinum. That final reward must have a truly EPIC name to outshine "Platinum". :o But even though the deadline is still in about a year, my goal is to get it before the end of this year, I will not be defeated! :shakefist:

And probably because the game scares people off before they even get to a 2nd playthrough, haha. Are you gonna be doing the last BTs you need on Chaos mode, or do you have a previous save from a previous playthrough you can revert to? I plan on keeping a separate file for each playthrough I do just in case I have to revert back for whatever reason.

Oh, I have 6-7 different saves, all on different difficulties/locations, I'm not taking a chance with this game. :P

Edited by Masamune_316

Yay! Although I admit, that name is a little misleading, as I'm still a ways away from the Platinum. That final reward must have a truly EPIC name to outshine "Platinum". :o But even though the deadline is still in about a year, my goal is to get it before the end of this year, I will not be defeated! :shakefist:

You have no idea how epic the name is evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928. Good luck with that, I hope to plat if before the deadline.