Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Aw man... What is this? Now its some kind of competition with rewards... I thought this was gonna be a fun little thing. Eh whatevs, I'll be going at my own pace.

Also, I joke a lot about this with Final in the chat. But I would like to be the first official PSNP Reimi booty fan club member. :wub:

• Like 4

Aw man... What is this? Now its some kind of competition with rewards... I thought this was gonna be a fun little thing. Eh whatevs, I'll be going at my own pace.

Also, I joke a lot about this with Final in the chat. But I would like to be the first official PSNP Reimi booty fan club member. :wub:

Ohh, wonder what the prize for getting the Plat will be? Now there's no way I'm not going to finish it!

lol. I'd join you as the VP of that club, but I'm a Myuria guy myself.

There are plenty of places to find bugs later in the game.  The only reason to do them early on Aeos is if you're that intent on getting it out of the way that early.  And you shouldn't -- you'll save a lot of time and effort if you hold this particular BT for a postgame scenario where you can simply LOLstomp a crowd of them in seconds while leaving the rest of your team on Standby when they can't be seriously hurt in the process.

The only "kill XX of a certain species" that I would suggest one needs to be knocked out early in a game would be Bacchus' BTs related to Robotic enemies (kills and special drops both).  Do those when you're on the Cardianon Mothership because you can't return to that area and there are very few Robotic enemies anywhere else in the game.

.I have most of the kills xD. Guess I'll go back to Aeos to finish the job after the Cardianon Mothership which is my current location.

So I am at the Cardianon Mothership at the moment.  I was wondering where did y'all grind out the robotics drops.  Control tower B1 seems like it might be okay but I was wondering if there might be a better place after Bacc joins.  

Edited by HatiRagnarsson

What? No, you got it all wrong. It's not a competition and everyone can get one of those 5 rewards. Those rewards are just to thank everyone for participating and commemorate this Let's Play. 

Ohh, wonder what the prize for getting the Plat will be? Now there's no way I'm not going to finish it!

lol. I'd join you as the VP of that club, but I'm a Myuria guy myself.

You can try to guess it :).

Edited by Dragon-Archon

So I am at the Cardianon Mothership at the moment.  I was wondering where did y'all grind out the robotics drops.  Control tower B1 seems like it might be okay but I was wondering if there might be a better place after Bacc joins.  

I'm pretty sure it's after Bacchus joins. You need him in the party to get the robotics drops BTs. It's the first area where you come across some barriers that you need to find a path around. There's also a save point and some vending machines in the same area.

The grind spot is at the start of the area near the save point. You dash straight ahead until you reach the barrier, then there's 3 robots there. Let them ambush you and win the fight, then sprint back to the entrance, exit to the previous area, then come back to repeat.

Don't forget Bacchus must be the leader at the end of the fight for the drops to count towards the BT.

Edited by greenzsaber
  • Like 1

I'll join the club for sure. One of the main reasons to have her on the main party :P

• Like 1

Mission success :dance:

I got the dark souls platinum on sunday before the 1st then I Raced the sun after words on the Ps4

Looks like I'll be in the Palace of Creation for 30 plus hours through out the weeks to get 26,000 kills

found a vid on youtube for the rinse repeat session

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRfsY9Qgc0M

Can I shoot out some friends request for fellow comrades who are on the same quest.

I got the dark souls platinum on sunday before the 1st then I Raced the sun after words on the Ps4

Looks like I'll be in the Palace of Creation for 30 plus hours through out the weeks to get 26,000 kills

Can I shoot out some friends request for fellow comrades who are on the same quest.

That's the best place to do the 255 drops and 30K kills at the same time. I'll be doing it once I start doing the drops for Edge.

• Like 1

The banner is so epic! I think my monitor is about to explode with all this epicness! :holy:

That's what I was hoping for :awesome:.

For the 30k kills I just used the entrance of the Palace of Creation for both characters. There's a pretty mindless routine I used that required paying almost no attention to the monitor at all, so I was watching anime the whole time while doing this.

Lol, looks like grinding 30k kills just got a lot less boring. Good thing I have a lot of anime on my To Watch list :D.

Just managed to get the Advanced Battler trophy for reaching 75% BT completion! Sadly, that'll be the last trophy I get on this current file/playthrough, as I will be unable to reach 90%, even if I got all the character, save Faize, to 100%, because Faize only has 7 BTs done, and I need 810 for the 90%. By the end of this file, I plan on having 805/900 BTs, 100% for every character except Faize and Lymle, who will remain at 98% until my Earth Mode run and I will get Faize done in my Universe playthrough.

My original plan of speeding through Universe and Chaos and saving Lymle's last 2 BTs and Faize's BTs for Erth mode have been scrapped, as I still need to beat the EQ, and without Arumat, who is my main damage dealer in that fight, I really don't think I'll be able to do it, especially on Chaos, so I have a new plan; Get the 805 BTs I'll get on this playthrough, then on Universe, get all of Faize's BTs done, speed through Chaos, and then do Earth and pick Arumat to get those last two BTs. I know a whole extra playthrough for just 2 BTs sounds like a pain, but if it makes it easy on me, I'm fine with doing it.

Edit: Even in her 6 wing form now, I will try some tricks I've found around a few times before I make the final decision, because if I can manage to get the 2 BTs for Lymle, then I won't have to worry about an extra playthrough.

Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 2

Why not just do Faize's BTs on Earth and the Lymle BT as well? Even without Arumat, you should be able to get the BT if playing on Earth difficulty. You'll need to do a lot of synthing for both files if you're going with your plan, which definitely adds up time-wise.

Why not just do Faize's BTs on Earth and the Lymle BT as well? Even without Arumat, you should be able to get the BT if playing on Earth difficulty. You'll need to do a lot of synthing for both files if you're going with your plan, which definitely adds up time-wise.

Yeah, that's the big thing, don't want to have to waste a ton of time. There are some things I can do against the EQ that don't need Arumat in the equation, and against her 2 wing Earth form, which only has about 10 million HP, I think it's doable. We'll see, I'm gonna try taking on the EQ a few times before I start my Universe playthrough, and if I can't beat her, I guess I'll save both Faize and Lymle for Earth and beat her then. Though I'm not too hopeful to beat her in 10 minutes while she has 36 million HP.

Since it's the beginning of the week, I may as well post the BT progress I've made since last I updated, and I'll make it a weekly thing. This is the progress in the three days since I've started back up.

• Edge- 79% (Up 5%)
  • Reimi- 87% (Up 3%)
  • Faize- 7% (Not ever changing this playthrough, haha)
  • Lymle- 80% (Up 20%)
  • Bacchus- 79% (No increase)
  • Meracle- 97% (Up 2%)
  • Sarah- 82% (Up 18%)
  • Myuria- 78% (Up 3%)
  • Arumat- 93% (Up 1%)
  • Total- 682/900
Edited by TheFinalEmblem
  • Like 1

Perfectly fine wit me dood, i added Dragon but hes being a meanie and not responding :P

Also i ave been really busy today and yesterday so i haven't played anything whatsoever towards SO4, i'm still on the second planet and im hoping to get properly started on Wednesday.

Edited by Precision-Playy
  • Like 2