Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

You'll need 999 robot kills with Bacchus, so once you get that BT done, you can also work on Edge's kills, but make sure to switch to Bacchus before the last enemy dies otherwise it won't count for his drops BT. I wouldn't recommend it personally, as it's quite a bit of management, and you have to keep looking at the screen. I'm personally an advocate of methods that don't require too much attention.

Also, if you have a turbo controller, you can automate Edge's kills on the mothership, but still need to do his 255 drops anyways.

Edited by greenzsaber

You'll need 999 robot kills with Bacchus, so once you get that BT done, you can also work on Edge's kills, but make sure to switch to Bacchus before the last enemy dies otherwise it won't count for his drops BT. I wouldn't recommend it personally, as it's quite a bit of management, and you have to keep looking at the screen. I'm personally an advocate of methods that don't require too much attention.

Also, if you have a turbo controller, you can automate Edge's kills on the mothership, but still need to do his 255 drops anyways.

Yeah, I'm the same way.  I would run in, start the battles, let them automate then look back on it in a minute or so to refresh the battles by zoning out and back in.  Rinse.  Repeat.

I did however since I was already having Bacchus be the Leader I worked on all his that seemed reasonable to do at this point in the game.  He already has 60 trophies for me because of it.

Edited by HatiRagnarsson

Well, the first boss of Chaos mode is down! :yay: So far, the only really thing that is noticeable about said mode is the little yellow box that shows an enemy is targeting you doesn't appear, so blindsiding is a little more annoying, thankfully I've done so many blindsides, I don't really need it. I gotta be careful of some of those enemies that can counter those though.

• Like 1

Here's a little tip for getting Reimi's 33rd and 75th BTs, as well as Bacchus' 11th, 36th, 61st, and 80th. Reimi's involves killing an enemy at an exact minute interval, these being 1 and 3 minutes, while Bacchus' involve winning a battle at an exact minute interval, these being 1, 2, 3, and 5 minutes. I highly recommend using a stopwatch or timer or something for this, but if you do not have one, you can max out Auto Heal on a character and use that, as it activates every three seconds at max level from the start of the battle, so just count to the 19th, 39th, 59th, or 99th, then count 2 seconds in, then attack. I'll explain why below.

The counter begins as soon as you can move with a character, so hold the control stick in a direction, and as soon as you move, start the stopwatch or timer. With the stopwatch or timer, I recommend attacking when it goes to xx:59, as it'll probably take a few nanoseconds to a second and a half for the hit to connect depending on the character and range of the attack, and there's probably some small margin of error in nanoseconds between the battle starting and you activating the timer/stopwatch. If you don't get it, all I can say is try again. They can be very tedious as you have to wait each time if you don't get it. You can get Reimi's in one battle if you're careful, but you must do Bacchus' in separate battles.

• Like 1

It's been a day and I'm still on Aeos, I've been too busy level grinding, farming for battle trophies and materials and I still haven't come across with Faize yet. Hey, I'm in no rush of advancing to the story. I'm just getting as much materials and battle trophies I can before I leave Aeos. 

It's been a day and I'm still on Aeos, I've been too busy level grinding, farming for battle trophies and materials and I still haven't come across with Faize yet. Hey, I'm in no rush of advancing to the story. I'm just getting as much materials and battle trophies I can before I leave Aeos. 

You may want to go ahead & get Faize though, that way you can start to get his insect kills while you grind there.

Here's a little tip for getting Reimi's 33rd and 75th BTs, as well as Bacchus' 11th, 36th, 61st, and 80th. Reimi's involves killing an enemy at an exact minute interval, these being 1 and 3 minutes, while Bacchus' involve winning a battle at an exact minute interval, these being 1, 2, 3, and 5 minutes. I highly recommend using a stopwatch or timer or something for this, but if you do not have one, you can max out Auto Heal on a character and use that, as it activates every three seconds at max level from the start of the battle, so just count to the 19th, 39th, 59th, or 99th, then count 2 seconds in, then attack. I'll explain why below.

The counter begins as soon as you can move with a character, so hold the control stick in a direction, and as soon as you move, start the stopwatch or timer. With the stopwatch or timer, I recommend attacking when it goes to xx:59, as it'll probably take a few nanoseconds to a second and a half for the hit to connect depending on the character and range of the attack, and there's probably some small margin of error in nanoseconds between the battle starting and you activating the timer/stopwatch. If you don't get it, all I can say is try again. They can be very tedious as you have to wait each time if you don't get it. You can get Reimi's in one battle if you're careful, but you must do Bacchus' in separate battles.

Added it to the OP, thnx for taking the time to experiment with it :D.

For my update, I am done with the Robotic drops ended up taking me somewhere between 5500 and 6000 kills of those guard bots.  Since I have a lot to do today IRL I set up my rapidfire controller to rack up some kills in the hallway on the Cardinon Ship that spawns enemies for you during the escape.  Will probably unnecessarily increase my play time as I could stack kills with something else (i.e. Humanoid drops) but because I can't have real play time today... nothing to be done.

1st Play through 

Edge...30%

Reimi...32%

Faize...41%

Lymle...29%

Bacchus...61%

For my update, I am done with the Robotic drops ended up taking me somewhere between 5500 and 6000 kills of those guard bots.  Since I have a lot to do today IRL I set up my rapidfire controller to rack up some kills in the hallway on the Cardinon Ship that spawns enemies for you during the escape.  Will probably unnecessarily increase my play time as I could stack kills with something else (i.e. Humanoid drops) but because I can't have real play time today... nothing to be done.

Ahh, rapidfire controllers, that brings back some fun memories of my PS1/2 days, I need to get one for the PS3. I got Sarah's jump trophies by using a rubber-band to set the joysticks to where she ran in a circle, then I rested one one my sword's hilt on the :circle: button (I couldn't find any tape strong enough to hold down the button :|), then I just watched a couple hours of anime. :P

I started playing SO4 again when my old laptop crapped out on me and I'm enjoying the battle system a little more than most of the Tales games tbh. I restarted and beaten the game already so I'm at post game now. This is my actual first time actually going through 7SD O.O. Anyone got a quick way to get magical clays? I've been stealing from the bone knights with Meracle and been keeping Lymle in my party for the ology drops. If I'm lucky i might steal one in battle and get 1 after battle >_>. 

I started playing SO4 again when my old laptop crapped out on me and I'm enjoying the battle system a little more than most of the Tales games tbh. I restarted and beaten the game already so I'm at post game now. This is my actual first time actually going through 7SD O.O. Anyone got a quick way to get magical clays? I've been stealing from the bone knights with Meracle and been keeping Lymle in my party for the ology drops. If I'm lucky i might steal one in battle and get 1 after battle >_>. 

I always just steal Magical Clay from those skeletons you can find on the first floor of the 7SD, you can increases your chances by having more of those "add 1 hit chance" (from Ashlay Jewels) effects on your equipment (I usually have at least 4), also if you kill most of them & drop the last one's HP a bit, it'll call for reinforcements, so you can keep stealing from the new enemies. It can get pretty random though, sometimes I can get like 5 clays in one battle, & others I'll get 0. -_-

Also, make sure Meracle's Steal, & Lymle's Parapsychology skills are maxed.

Another thing I noticed about Chaos mode: the enemies like to go into Rush mode after just a few hits, & they keep breaking my bloody bonus board! crying3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

Dang, Chaos sounds like it's gonna be hell, and a lot of fun!

Today is finally the day I'll start my epic quest and travel the star ocean. All the necessary preparations have been made and I've written my will just in case. I'm ready B).

It would be great if we'd do a weekly update between Friday and Sunday, so let met know how everyone else is doing.

Awesome! Good luck on your journey dude! Weekly updates are definitely something we should do. I already have my weekly update on Monday, though I can move it back to Sunday.

Awesome! Good luck on your journey dude! Weekly updates are definitely something we should do. I already have my weekly update on Monday, though I can move it back to Sunday.

Thnx :D, just finished Splinter Cell Blacklist and got 13GB of free space back. Now it's time to start SO4.

The day doesn't really matter though, that was just a suggestion.

It's starting.... and it's installing game data  :rolleyes: .

Damn that opening cutscene is amazing  D: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

I always just steal Magical Clay from those skeletons you can find on the first floor of the 7SD, you can increases your chances by having more of those "add 1 hit chance" (from Ashlay Jewels) effects on your equipment (I usually have at least 4), also if you kill most of them & drop the last one's HP a bit, it'll call for reinforcements, so you can keep stealing from the new enemies. It can get pretty random though, sometimes I can get like 5 clays in one battle, & others I'll get 0. -_-

Also, make sure Meracle's Steal, & Lymle's Parapsychology skills are maxed.

Yeah that's what I've been doing and yep they're at max but I don't have the ashlay jewels yet. I'm actually prepping to take him on so I can get the jewels :P eh guess I'll listen to music while I farm. 

Yeah, there's a whole section of the menu for the BTs.

Awesome. As long as there is a checklist for things I tend to get less annoyed.

When I have to make a book report for games that don't have one then it becomes more of a chore lol.

I tend to type stuff down in notepad anyways when playing games...

Yeah that's what I've been doing and yep they're at max but I don't have the ashlay jewels yet. I'm actually prepping to take him on so I can get the jewels :P eh guess I'll listen to music while I farm. 

Slayer's Bangles have the same effect as an Ashlay Jewel, so if you have (or can make) any of those, that's just as good. Just remember: the additional hits only help you steal items quicker, it won't really increase your odds of getting any Magical Clay, but sometimes it can take a while to steal something, so it still helps some.

Slayer's Bangle: Crafting, Lv 9

4 Platinum 

4 Thunder Gems 

1 Bracteate

Recipe discovered by: Meracle, Edge, & Lymle

Edited by Masamune_316

Slayer's Bangles have the same effect as an Ashlay Jewel, so if you have (or can make) any of those, that's just as good. Just remember: the additional hits only help you steal items quicker, it won't really increase your odds of getting any Magical Clay, but sometimes it can take a while to steal something, so it still helps some.

Slayer's Bangle: Crafting, Lv 9

4 Platinum 

4 Thunder Gems 

1 Bracteate

Recipe discovered by: Meracle, Edge, & Lymle

ah thanks! I actually just beat Ashlay twice so I'm just gonna use his jewel and that as well.