Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

If it is not too late to jump on board the ship, I'd like to join you all on this journey (maybe stop at pit stop planet and pick me up).  I figured I'd save you the trouble, and just write an introduction for myself.

Michael, aka me3lingual, was brought on board three missions previously (First Departure, Second Evolution, Til the End of Time) due to his ability to grasp other languages quickly without the use of auto-translation devices.  However, shortly after liftoff each time, some sort of error would occur (electrical, mechanical, etc.) and cause the ship to turn back and abort the mission.  Now, Michael isn't as young as he used to be.  He volunteered for this mission thinking it will be his last opportunity to travel the universe before he hangs up his spacesuit and devotes his life to writing intergalactic translation books.

Awesome, welcome to the team :highfive:. Nice intro, I'll add it to the OP.

Only 6 hours. Haven't been able to play the last few days. I'm sort of mentally preparing for a mountain hike Friday. Btw I won't be on PSNP for a few days. I'll be back on Saturday.

EDIT: Actually I've been on Aeos for a little over 9 hours. 

Ok, enjoy the hiking trip.

3 deaths? Level 70 party? Now I'm EXTREMELY  worried -_-

Not sure if you're serious or just kidding :hmm:.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about Chaos difficulty. It's not really that bad once you have a lot of 100% monster data (specifically, Ashlay and Spriggan, most guides fail to mention Spriggan) and HP Boost. Those two things are the key. By then, you will be so used to the battle system that nothing the game throws at you will be surprising. My Chaos playthrough took 14 hours, but that included going for the endings, so it definitely could have been a lot faster.

Really? I've always avoided the Spriggan Jewel, yeah it doubles your ATK, but it also halves your HP & cuts your DEF by 40%, I'd think you'd die in one hit on Chaos mode using that thing.

Yeah, I was having trouble wondering that or not. :P

But there's two things you can do if you're having trouble on higher difficulties:

• #1: farm Saber-Toothed Tiger Fangs from Unicorn Wolfs on Roak (must have Sarah with a maxed Zoology skill in party), you may be able to get them more easily from Leonblades but they're only in post-game.
  • #2: farm Red Dragon Scales from Phantom Dragon Newts on Nox Obscurus (must have Myuria with a maxed Demonology skill in party).

Synthesizing the fangs into your weapons will give you a 18% boost in ATK, while the scales will add 20% DEF to your armor. Also, if you make any Hyper Potions, they'll add a 5% boost to all stats (except for HP/MP) when added to any weapon or armor (you can add them to accessories, but you'll only get a 3% boost), I usually add those to my magic user's staffs, as they need the DEF boost.

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 1

Really? I've always avoided the Spriggan Jewel, yeah it doubles your ATK, but it also halves your HP & cuts your DEF by 40%, I'd think you'd die in one hit on Chaos mode using that thing.

Yeah, I was having trouble wondering that or not. :P

But there's two things you can do if you're having trouble on higher difficulties:

• #1: farm Saber-Toothed Tiger Fangs from Unicorn Wolfs on Roak (must have Sarah with a maxed Zoology skill in party), you may be able to get them more easily from Leonblades but they're only in post-game.
  • #2: farm Red Dragon Scales from Phantom Dragon Newts on Nox Obscurus (must have Myuria with a maxed Demonology skill in party).

Synthesizing the fangs into your weapons will give you a 18% boost in ATK, while the scales will add 20% DEF to your armor. Also, if you make any Hyper Potions, they'll add a 5% boost to all stats (except for HP/MP) when added to any weapon or armor (you can add them to accessories, but you'll only get a 3% boost), I usually add those to my magic user's staffs, as they need the DEF boost.

Useful info, I'll add this to the OP.

Apparently a post can only contain up to 10 quotes. So I've made some changes to the quotes in the "Helpful Tips" section on the OP. Different tips from the same people have been put in 1 quote and are divided by a "---------------------" line, like so:

Example:

Tip 1

----------------

Tip 2

---------------

Tip 3

Tips where people have replied to have been put in the same quote, like so:

Example:

Tip 1

Response to Tip 1

Response to the previous response

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Deadly serious.  If the thing ends up being too hard, that would mean I wouldn't be able to get plat. Just imagine all you have left for the plat are difficulty related trophies. That picture scares the hell out of me.

Deadly serious.  If the thing ends up being too hard, that would mean I wouldn't be able to get plat. Just imagine all you have left for the plat are difficulty related trophies. That picture scares the hell out of me.

Ok. Well the level cap is 255, so finishing the highest difficulty at lvl 70 doesn't seem that high in comparison.

My journey inspired by your epic quest begins this weekend! And I haven't decided if you all are awesome, crazy, or crazy awesome. xD Is there a set end date to this?

Woohoo :dance:, nice. I think we're a little of both, so crazy awesome ;). Yeah the end date is June 1st 2016 :lol:.

My journey inspired by your epic quest begins this weekend! And I haven't decided if you all are awesome, crazy, or crazy awesome. xD Is there a set end date to this?

Journey ends June 1, 2016.

Also, I have a question for those who have more experience with this than I do. I've already gotten through part of the game, but when I started I wasn't going for the plat. I was going to get as many trophies as I could, but difficulty and BT's I wasn't really going to mess with. So, my question is, since I've missed some good opportunities to get some BT's done earlier in the game, would it be easy enough to make up for the BT's on the Universe playthrough, or am I going to need to try and find a way to make up for it on this playthrough? Even a 4th Earth mode playthrough could be an option. Just wondering if anyone had some advice for me!

Good luck dude! Also, I believe the end date is June 1st 2016

Mine, admittedly, won't be as epic as yours, but it'll still be fun and that's all I care about. :) And I might be able to join your epic quest before that...maybe. xD

Edited by ShadowStar83x

Also, I have a question for those who have more experience with this than I do. I've already gotten through part of the game, but when I started I wasn't going for the plat. I was going to get as many trophies as I could, but difficulty and BT's I wasn't really going to mess with. So, my question is, since I've missed some good opportunities to get some BT's done earlier in the game, would it be easy enough to make up for the BT's on the Universe playthrough, or am I going to need to try and find a way to make up for it on this playthrough? Even a 4th Earth mode playthrough could be an option. Just wondering if anyone had some advice for me!

Answer really depends on what BTs you speak of. All Faize BTs need to be done on a separate save regardless.

I say do as much as you can on your first playthrough, as many of the BTs, you won't be able to really do or have an easy time doing until the post-game, so I say keep going, and whatever you don't get, clean it up in Universe mode. If you really need to, though, then doing a 4th Earth Mode playthrough isn't all that bad.

You managed to ninja 2 people with that comment :yay:.

Yeah! Ninja supreme right here!

Answer really depends on what BTs you speak of. All Faize BTs need to be done on a separate save regardless.

I think the main one I missed would be farming the robotics drops with Bacchus on the Cardianon ship at this point, right?

Trust me, if you can get 100% of the Battle trophies, Chaos difficulty would be nothing. I'll be starting Chaos in a day or two, the only battle that will have me worried is the x8 ambush fight on Aeos (just before you get Arumat), once you hit that 8th fight, you barely do any damage to the enemies. Imo that's one of the hardest fights in the main story... No Guard, Auto Healing, & HP Boost at level 10 were my best friends in that fight.

I just placed my order on Amazon, and I even spent the extra $6 on One Day Shipping, so it's guaranteed to be here Friday! Or at least that what they say. So I'll begin my journey on Friday or Saturday, depending on what time it gets here, since I normally work Friday nights. I'm pretty excited to begin this journey with you guys! However, reading all this stuff about BTs and missable stuff starts to sound a little overwhelming. But I'm determined to make my way through it!

Yeah! Ninja supreme right here!

Ninja Supreme sounds like a pretty tasty pizza. Tasty, but deadly. :ninja:

• Like 1

I just placed my order on Amazon, and I even spent the extra $6 on One Day Shipping, so it's guaranteed to be here Friday! Or at least that what they say. So I'll begin my journey on Friday or Saturday, depending on what time it gets here, since I normally work Friday nights. I'm pretty excited to begin this journey with you guys! However, reading all this stuff about BTs and missable stuff starts to sound a little overwhelming. But I'm determined to make my way through it!

You can use the link to the checklists and the Efficiency guide in the first post for all the missable stuff and battle trophies. 

• Like 1

So I've been doing the Cardianon ship robotic drops.  I should finish these either tonight or tomorrow.  I've been killing Guard Bot "Assaulter"s over and over and for those who are curious because you are putting your story line on hold for a grind it looks like I should get my 255 (based upon my current rate of Robotic drops) around 5000 kills of them.  

Edit:  Ah, and before It is asked that is with robotics maxed out at Lvl 10

Edited by HatiRagnarsson
  • Like 1

So I've been doing the Cardianon ship robotic drops.  I should finish these either tonight or tomorrow.  I've been killing Guard Bot "Assaulter"s over and over and for those who are curious because you are putting your story line on hold for a grind it looks like I should get my 255 (based upon my current rate of Robotic drops) around 5000 kills of them.  

Edit:  Ah, and before It is asked that is with robotics maxed out at Lvl 10

What the hell O_O !!!! Can those kills be combined with Faize's 30k kills?

Edited by Dragon-Archon