Let's Play SO4: Return of the Epic Quest

Yeah, just by looking at the BT related trophies, they definitely hacked, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they beat Chaos Mode before Universe Mode... that's not possible, is it? You have to beat Universe to unlock Chaos, don't you?

Yeah, just by looking at the BT related trophies, they definitely hacked, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they beat Chaos Mode before Universe Mode... that's not possible, is it? You have to beat Universe to unlock Chaos, don't you?

I think he beat the game then got lazy and hooked up a Usb.

I think he beat the game then got lazy and hooked up a Usb.

He also got all the BTs before the trophies for beating both Gabriel Celeste and the EQ, definitely hacked.

Well. Still no Faize's ending even with the all PAs.  Must be the lack of affinity, despite the fact that I'd roomed him with Edge all the time and pickpocketed only once (is there any other ways to raise affinity with him?). *sigh* At least I've tried out speedrunning the Palace and got quite a few BTs...

Now, the stats:

Edge: 32%

Reimi: 22%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 18%

Bacchus: 64%

Meracle: 9%

Myuria: 6%

Sarah: 1%

Arumat: 13%

24/47 Trophies - 213/900 Battle Trophies - 93:17 Hours (89:05 Hours of the main Galaxy run  + 4:13 Hours of the failed ending run)

Well. Still no Faize's ending even with the all PAs.  Must be the lack of affinity, despite the fact that I'd roomed him with Edge all the time and pickpocketed only once (is there any other ways to raise affinity with him?). *sigh* At least I've tried out speedrunning the Palace and got quite a few BTs...

Now, the stats:

Edge: 32%

Reimi: 22%

Faize: 48% 

Lymle: 18%

Bacchus: 64%

Meracle: 9%

Myuria: 6%

Sarah: 1%

Arumat: 13%

24/47 Trophies - 213/900 Battle Trophies - 93:17 Hours (89:05 Hours of the main Galaxy run  + 4:13 Hours of the failed ending run)

Love potion 256

plus you can use love aroma (furniture) in the same room to raise affinity :wub:

Well. Still no Faize's ending even with the all PAs.  Must be the lack of affinity, despite the fact that I'd roomed him with Edge all the time and pickpocketed only once (is there any other ways to raise affinity with him?). *sigh* 

Love Potion 256

I used at least 4 just to be sure affinity was high enough. Feel free to use more if you have them. I even pickpocketed a couple of times and got all of the endings just fine.

I want to join in on this as I've always seen this as the ultimate platinum (and I've followed a few folks on their journeys to get this). 

I'll be ordering my copy soon-ish. I'm at the way beginning of this lol

Great! :yay: Keep us posted on your progress.

You do know that you should room Faize and Lymle together, right? They need a certain amount of affinity for the Faize ending. I never pickpocketed (not even for side quests) until the ending trophies popped.

I want to join in on this as I've always seen this as the ultimate platinum (and I've followed a few folks on their journeys to get this). 

I'll be ordering my copy soon-ish. I'm at the way beginning of this lol

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:.

Been awhile since I've posted here, so thought I'd leave an update on where I currently am.

I recently just finished the story and got all the endings, thankfully. Managed to get all the treasures as well, was worried I may have missed one of them somewhere that can't be revisited, so that was a relief. I've just finished cleaning out the Seven Star Dungeon (haven't beat Gabriel yet) and have begun making myself some post-game equipment so I can hit level 200/255, max my cash out and have actual battle equipment for the Wandering Dungeon.

As far as BT's go, here is what I currently have:

Edge - 54

Reimi - 39

Faize - 54

Lymle - 47

Bacchus - 65

Meracle - 26

Sarah - 5

Myuria - 26

Arumat - 44

Total: 360/900

Still a long way to go, with my playtime being 114 hours.

• Like 1

You do know that you should room Faize and Lymle together, right? They need a certain amount of affinity for the Faize ending. I never pickpocketed (not even for side quests) until the ending trophies popped.

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:.

This is why you didn't get Faize's ending. As Dragon said you need to room him with Lymle as soon as possible and keep them together the whole game (or until you switch him for Arumat. Do this and his PA's and you will get his ending, I never used any potions but you can use them if you have them. I never pickpocketed until post game either.

Nice work so far :yay:. There's a link to an excel sheet in the OP that already has all the recipes. That makes it very easy to keep track which ones you've unlocked and created. And it also saves you the trouble of writing all of them :D.

Aaaaaaah, thanks for that info!  I'll check it out!

This is why you didn't get Faize's ending. As Dragon said you need to room him with Lymle as soon as possible and keep them together the whole game (or until you switch him for Arumat. Do this and his PA's and you will get his ending, I never used any potions but you can use them if you have them. I never pickpocketed until post game either.

Actually, I did so. Forgot to mention that. Roomed them together after Roak, and until Faize decided to run off. Was it too short? When is the earliest possible time to get them to share a room?

Edited by NetEntity

Actually, I did so. Forgot to mention that. Roomed them together after Roak, and until Faize decided to run off. Was it too short? When is the earliest possible time to get them to share a room?

The earliest required time to have them together is just before leaving Roak and heading to Aeos because you need to get the PA in their room on this flight, but it is possible to have them together before this depending on how you have been playing. The longer you can have them together the better. I had Faize room with Edge then after Lymle joined every time I was back at the Calnus I tried to put the two of them together. I can't remember exactly when I was able to do it but it was well before leaving Roak.

Another thing to add is that I had Faize in my active party the entire time I had him until he left and I had Lymle in my active party from the moment I got her until I swapped her with Sarah. Having them fight together also helps to boost affinity and as others have said you can always use Love Potions.

The earliest required time to have them together is just before leaving Roak and heading to Aeos because you need to get the PA in their room on this flight, but it is possible to have them together before this depending on how you have been playing. The longer you can have them together the better. I had Faize room with Edge then after Lymle joined every time I was back at the Calnus I tried to put the two of them together. I can't remember exactly when I was able to do it but it was well before leaving Roak.

Another thing to add is that I had Faize in my active party the entire time I had him until he left and I had Lymle in my active party from the moment I got her until I swapped her with Sarah. Having them fight together also helps to boost affinity and as others have said you can always use Love Potions.

I made them roommates when it said so in the PA guide. Faize was in my active party at all times and Lymle only until I got Bacchus. I did farm 255 Robotic drops in Cardianon, so Faize and Edge got quite an affinity boost from that.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

It's great to see all the progress you all made :)

I stopped after losing to Gabriel for the third time but I think I will continue after I got the platinums for Danganronpa 2 and Skyrim (almost there). So probably next month.

I will update when that time comes.

• Like 1

With Saints Row 4 done I have moved back on to Star Ocean :). My plan is to have Chaos done by the end of January and I just beat the second boss right now. I also haven't updated since last year so here is my stats

Edge's Battle Trophies-90%

Faize's Battle Trophies-78%

Reimi's Battle Trophies-78%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-72%

Meracle's Battle Trophies-90%

Bacchus' Battle Trophies-88%

Myuria's Battle Trophies-61%

Sarah's Battle Trophies-82%

Arumat's Battle Trophies-76%

36/47 Trophies - 715/900 Battle Trophies - 364 Hours

• Like 1

With Saints Row 4 done I have moved back on to Star Ocean :). My plan is to have Chaos done by the end of January and I just beat the second boss right now. I also haven't updated since last year so here is my stats

Edge's Battle Trophies-90%

Faize's Battle Trophies-78%

Reimi's Battle Trophies-78%

Lymle's Battle Trophies-72%

Meracle's Battle Trophies-90%

Bacchus' Battle Trophies-88%

Myuria's Battle Trophies-61%

Sarah's Battle Trophies-82%

Arumat's Battle Trophies-76%

36/47 Trophies - 715/900 Battle Trophies - 364 Hours

Awesome, good luck :D. I got Arumat's 4,444 damage yesterday. I've been leveling my party a bit in the Palace of Creation 1st floor by luring enemies near each other and getting ambushed. Highest I got was 100% bonus exp for a grand total of 240%. I'm lvl 81 and I'll go back to 7SD once the party is at least lvl 90. I've been killing enemies with Arumat only and it's been quite a while since I got a kill x amount of enemies. Here's hoping the next one will pop soon.

• Like 1

Awesome, good luck :D. I got Arumat's 4,444 damage yesterday. I've been leveling my party a bit in the Palace of Creation 1st floor by luring enemies near each other and getting ambushed. Highest I got was 100% bonus exp for a grand total of 240%. I'm lvl 81 and I'll go back to 7SD once the party is at least lvl 90. I've been killing enemies with Arumat only and it's been quite a while since I got a kill x amount of enemies. Here's hoping the next one will pop soon.

Man those exact damage trophies suck :( I want them all to be done already ^_^