Superbuu3's We Play General Discussion and FAQs

As this group is about clearing backlogs and not plats the main focus is just beating games a bunch of us have, we're not necessarily going for the plat in every game. So that won't be an issue.

Oh, I see, in that case yea.

Though, I believe Freedom Wars would be more suitable (you could make CODE exams your checkpoints).

In Delta's case, it would depend on your stance to save importing =D Because people who already finished vanilla SS can import their save and clear all storylines present in the vanilla SS =)

Superbuu3 after you have done a We play on Ys, what are you planning to do next as I think it would be an awesome idea to create a poll and see what everyone wants/needs to play :D just an idea for you buddy :)

Edited by Razza

Superbuu3 after you have done a We play on Ys, what are you planning to do next as I think it would be an awesome idea to create a poll and see what everyone wants/needs to play :D just an idea for you buddy :)

I'll consider doing that. Currently my main reasoning was to get people who completed previous runs in on the next one as I need to have people joining who'll actually see it through. I haven't really been here long enough to know who will stick to things when they join a group and such. Plus I get the opposite problem of some people potentially not wanting to wait on checkpoints.

I'll consider doing that. Currently my main reasoning was to get people who completed previous runs in on the next one as I need to have people joining who'll actually see it through. I haven't really been here long enough to know who will stick to things when they join a group and such. Plus I get the opposite problem of some people potentially not wanting to wait on checkpoints.

That's cool man, I was just saying it as an idea for the future so I hope you don't think I was trying to tell you how to run these we plays .... I am still trying to get through wolfenstein as quick as I can to join everyone on the bioshock playthrough :D

That's cool man, I was just saying it as an idea for the future so I hope you don't think I was trying to tell you how to run these we plays .... I am still trying to get through wolfenstein as quick as I can to join everyone on the bioshock playthrough :D

No worries man, like I said its a decent suggestion, I just have to weigh things up. Onlly half of the original people who signed up for Okami finished it, this time we seem to be doing a lot better, I'm not sure if its the game genre, game length or just coincidence. As I'm still testing the waters, just going to try and get a few of these goings and hopefully we'll learn more. I am intersted in doing games with coop campaigns, although then we're relying on people and I'd hate for people to be put off joining if when we do a coop they can't get partners to join them.

I've got other idea but i don't want to put people off with them thinking i'm not really watching over the topics properly.

Edited by Superbuu3

I'm glad and I know what you mean originally even when I thought up the plan I didn't realise it would make me stick to a game as well as it does.

Yeah I played Bioshock just before Christmas I think and I just lost interest about halfway through. Since joining the 'We Play' group I've been enjoying it a whole lot more to think I'm kind of playing alongside other people. I haven't had such fun with a videogame for a long time.

• Like 1

Yeah I played Bioshock just before Christmas I think and I just lost interest about halfway through. Since joining the 'We Play' group I've been enjoying it a whole lot more to think I'm kind of playing alongside other people. I haven't had such fun with a videogame for a long time.

Thats awesome I was hoping some people would feel like that, although I wasn't really sure if i was the only one who though like that lol.

• Like 1

No worries man, like I said its a decent suggestion, I just have to weigh things up. Onlly half of the original people who signed up for Okami finished it, this time we seem to be doing a lot better, I'm not sure if its the game genre, game length or just coincidence. As I'm still testing the waters, just going to try and get a few of these goings and hopefully we'll learn more. I am intersted in doing games with coop campaigns, although then we're relying on people and I'd hate for people to be put off joining if when we do a coop they can't get partners to join them.

I've got other idea but i don't want to put people off with them thinking i'm not really watching over the topics properly.

You could just pinpoint a few games from your backlog you sent and give people freedom of choice =)

For example leaving the poll open for one week and then take the highest ranking game =)

I also enjoy this community spirit that gets everyone together & motivated although thanks to you & Dragon I'm now doing 3 (maybe 4) Let's Play's  :facepalm: but I don't mind it's fun & keeping me busy & please do Devil May Cry I love that series :D & DMC 4 is coming to PS4 soon.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Is it possible that you do a We Play for MGS 4? That's a game I'd be willing to join :)

Right now I'd suggest not asking for a new We Play just yet. Buu is running several at the moment, so he's already fairly busy. Still, it's his call, so wait for his reply :P

• Like 1

Right now I'd suggest not asking for a new We Play just yet. Buu is running several at the moment, so he's already fairly busy. Still, it's his call, so wait for his reply :P

I understand, maybe I should have stated that there's no hurry to do it, just an idea of a game to do when there's time available.

• Like 1

I understand, maybe I should have stated that there's no hurry to do it, just an idea of a game to do when there's time available.

I was considering doing MGS 2, 3, PW, 4 after we finished DMC Trilogy. I doubt we'll be doing plat runs on them though people can try that if they wish (the games would take too long if we were waiting for people to do plats I think its like 5+ runs for MGS 2 and 4.

I'll see what interest is like though maybe a poll, as I dunno if people want to only do specific games.

• Like 1

I doubt we'll be doing plat runs on them though people can try that if they wish (the games would take too long if we were waiting for people to do plats I think its like 5+ runs for MGS 2 and 4.

Yeah MGS 4 takes at least 8 playthroughs, so a platinum We Play would take a long time.

Edited by MStalker58

On the other hand, MGS 3 can be done in 1 playtrough, but it doesn't have to be a platinum We Play :)

True

I'd honestly rather not encourage people to do a 1 run plat, as I think a single run making sure they get no alerts would make teh game very frustrating for first timerzs, would rather people just enjoyed the game. Also I think two playthroughs would end up being quicker, when you got a better feel for certain sections fo the game and know where to go.

Edited by Superbuu3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest sign ups are open for Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/29216-who-wants-to-play-resident-evil-revelations-2/

This will be a long term game as the game has Community Events and a great opportunity to make friends.

I have also amended the first post. To give a more detailed insight into what we are doing.

Edited by Superbuu3

• 1 month later...

Ok, so obviously I haven't been well lately, which is why I've been awful quiet so I decided, there'll be a short break after this run of We plays, I'm expecting them all to end by the end of this month. Second playthroughs not included. I'll effectively not be around for a week or two as I'll be busy for half of october.

Edited by Superbuu3

So you've actually decided to do the Tales We Play? For some reason I've thought that the Symphonia duology will be first, not the R.

I've already played Tales of R, are there any other options?

Tales of Hearts R is not 100% set I was just trying to get an RPG on the vita that a decent number of people might be interested in and haven't already beaten. I was initally considering Person 4 Golden but i got a feeling way too many people have beaten that game already making it turn out to be suprisingly inactive and end up like DMC3 HD did, where loads of people were hyped then no one actually wanted to play as they'd already beaten it. I think we could run two games on Vita if one of them is a monster hunter (i.e. Freedom Wars or Toukiden Kiwami) style game, SSD would be super easy for me to host as I've beaten the main story and i've still got loads of post game stuff to do, and TBH i love it.

Feel free to PM me and discuss possible titles, I try not to post on the forum a game list as I'll likely annoy someone if a game ends up getting changed.

Oh yeah keep in mind 2 games will be starting in mid october 1 ps3 1 vita. I'll consider starting a 3rd maybe a bit later but i'm not commiting to that yet.

Edited by Superbuu3