Superbuu3's We Play General Discussion and FAQs

So Im back I think i mentioned I would be away previously, I caught some tropical thing so that blows while I was visiting my friend who was having an operation so took longer than expected and now I am thinking its time for the MGS series. we'll go MGS 2, 3, PW, 4, GZ, 5. Not sure the timescale, but if you guys are like me and played these all previous I'm sure we can beat most of these games fast. I've personally already beaten the story mode on PW. But i'll do the same standard thing as usual, Although I dont recall understanding the plot of that game or caring.

I likely will just rush trough MGS 2 on normal. Ill have to check the roadmap for 3, but I'm thinking we should keep the we plays based on the story modes rather than the missions, although we can try and set goals for the side missions to try and motivate. Anyway we'll think up the kinks you guys tell me when you'll be ready to start.

Welcome back. This is a cool idea. I recently bought MGS4, I already own GZ and I plan on buying the other games soon as well. I'll gladly join once you've created the We Play thread for it :).

So Im back I think i mentioned I would be away previously, I caught some tropical thing so that blows while I was visiting my friend who was having an operation so took longer than expected and now I am thinking its time for the MGS series. we'll go MGS 2, 3, PW, 4, GZ, 5. Not sure the timescale, but if you guys are like me and played these all previous I'm sure we can beat most of these games fast. I've personally already beaten the story mode on PW. But i'll do the same standard thing as usual, Although I dont recall understanding the plot of that game or caring.

I likely will just rush trough MGS 2 on normal. Ill have to check the roadmap for 3, but I'm thinking we should keep the we plays based on the story modes rather than the missions, although we can try and set goals for the side missions to try and motivate. Anyway we'll think up the kinks you guys tell me when you'll be ready to start.

I am game for these and can start whenever. I have all of them barring 4 which I may pass on as I completed it before the trophies were added and don't fancy it again. Just let me know when start is. Cheers

Sign me up for MGS weplay, can't seem to find thread so apologies if posted in wrong place

It's about two thirds down this subforum :)

Also, I'm game for TLOU on either PS3 or PS4 and will help out with Guacamelee if needed.

Has anyone tried the Atelier series? I haven't got any newer JRPGs besides these and wondering on the opinion.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

It's about two thirds down this subforum :)

Also, I'm game for TLOU on either PS3 or PS4 and will help out with Guacamelee if needed.

Has anyone tried the Atelier series? I haven't got any newer JRPGs besides these and wondering on the opinion.

I played Atelier Ayesha and loved that one (the other games look a lot more loli and a lot of fans of the others seemed to hate ayesha). I've got rorona, totori, meruru, ayesha plus and escha + logy so I'd be up for doing those. I know I will be busy at christmas so its probably not sensible for me to start that soon. I will check for interest in that series later though.

If i'm not busy this month no reason we couldn't do guacamelee as I've beaten that on Vita already and wanted to play the PS4 version. I need to organise myself a bit though and set out a time table to see if i got the free time.

If i'm not busy this month no reason we couldn't do Guacamelee as I've beaten that on Vita already and wanted to play the PS4 version. I need to organise myself a bit though and set out a time table to see if i got the free time.

All depends on when you want to start the MGS Saga really.

And if you did Guacamelee, would you be doing a Hard run from the start?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 18/02/2017 at 4:52 PM, Lorajet said:

Didn't expect to see Color Guardians on your YT channel...thanks for the motivation to get back to the game!

Good vids and commentary.

I really just randomly do games that i'm playing at the time, I still need to do the video for final boss on that. I did Not a Hero recently as that was on plus.

• 2 months later...

OK so the MGS 2 We play fizzled out i'm not sure if it was because of Christmas. @Dr_Mayus mentioned MGS3 which TBH is enough to make me do carry on, the game can be platted in 1-2 playthroughs so should be easier to convince others to play it. Do keep in mind I flaked a little on the last one as My ps3 HDD corrupted and i'm an idiot for not backing up my saves. I'm hardcore going through ps3 backlog at the moment so easy to do this again.

The next series I want to do is Castlevania Lords of Shadows, I need to plat the first game and actually properly play 1.5 and 2, including all DLC. Given the polarising nature of the games I want to discuss them. As I've mentioned previously I'm going to set checkpoints ahead of time and I'd rather people not move ahead of them. 

I'm hoping when we hit peacewalker we are able to make some decent squads which will open up the possibility of more MP focused games.

I've been asked kindly to finish off my tearaway guide so I'll do that then start on doing these.

1 hour ago, Superbuu3 said:

OK so the MGS 2 We play fizzled out i'm not sure if it was because of Christmas. @Dr_Mayus mentioned MGS3 which TBH is enough to make me do carry on, the game can be platted in 1-2 playthroughs so should be easier to convince others to play it. Do keep in mind I flaked a little on the last one as My ps3 HDD corrupted and i'm an idiot for not backing up my saves. I'm hardcore going through ps3 backlog at the moment so easy to do this again.

The next series I want to do is Castlevania Lords of Shadows, I need to plat the first game and actually properly play 1.5 and 2, including all DLC. Given the polarising nature of the games I want to discuss them. As I've mentioned previously I'm going to set checkpoints ahead of time and I'd rather people not move ahead of them. 

I'm hoping when we hit peacewalker we are able to make some decent squads which will open up the possibility of more MP focused games.

I've been asked kindly to finish off my tearaway guide so I'll do that then start on doing these.

Well if we do MGS 3 can we please do it for June or Summer as I am extremely busy in May and have just Saturdays and Sundays to do anything (let alone game).

Lords of Shadows would be an interesting one as well. I originally just rented the first game (back when you could still do that) but have since deleted my game file. I believe all I need to do is beat it on hard and do all the time trials so I could try playing through it again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-30 at 5:50 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Well if we do MGS 3 can we please do it for June or Summer as I am extremely busy in May and have just Saturdays and Sundays to do anything (let alone game).

Lords of Shadows would be an interesting one as well. I originally just rented the first game (back when you could still do that) but have since deleted my game file. I believe all I need to do is beat it on hard and do all the time trials so I could try playing through it again.

Ok will do, I need to sort out stuff over the next month or so anyway. So that works we'll make this happen even if there's only us two lol.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:43 PM, Superbuu3 said:

Let's make this a huge maybe on my end. I played through the game once and didn't like it that much, but it could be what I need to get the plat. I'd have to play on the higher difficulties and complete all challenges.

• 5 months later...

This will start up again in a couplle of weeks was thinking of continuing the MGS series 3 > PW > 4 > GZ > 5, Atelier series if people are intersted or we can tackle some HD classics if people want, or even stuff that were in that bundle like the Darksiders games. If peoplel want to do bigger titles like Last of Us Ps3/Ps4 let me know. I'm not really sure where to start if we're doing this again.

• Like 1

I'd probably be interested in Atelier Rorona and the two Darksiders games. Atelier Rorona is incomplete on my account, I got the two Darksiders games from the bundle a while ago. I know my way around these games and completed them on PS3 before. I could help out here and there even if I decide to play something else when you play Darksiders.

But it really depends when you want to do this. I want to complete some other games first.

Edited by viech54

On 17/10/2017 at 1:56 PM, viech54 said:

I'd probably be interested in Atelier Rorona and the two Darksiders games. Atelier Rorona is incomplete on my account, I got the two Darksiders games from the bundle a while ago. I know my way around these games and completed them on PS3 before. I could help out here and there even if I decide to play something else when you play Darksiders.

But it really depends when you want to do this. I want to complete some other games first.

Seeing as you're the only person to show interest so far how many weeks time would it take for you wanting to do Darksiders?

I'd actually be interested in Atelier Rorona, too. It's the only Atelier game I haven't finished yet. I could help out with the other Atelier games if needed.

I'm also almost finished with Darksiders (PS3), just have to get the collectibles if I remember correctly. So maybe I would join on the side, while mainly playing something else.

But I'm not interested in the MGS games.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

Seeing as you're the only person to show interest so far how many weeks time would it take for you wanting to do Darksiders?

It'd take me until the end of October to the very least. If that's too long, feel free to start earlier. I'll catch up with you sooner or later.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I'd actually be interested in Atelier Rorona, too. It's the only Atelier game I haven't finished yet. I could help out with the other Atelier games if needed.

I'm also almost finished with Darksiders (PS3), just have to get the collectibles if I remember correctly. So maybe I would join on the side, while mainly playing something else.

But I'm not interested in the MGS games.

1 hour ago, viech54 said:

It'd take me until the end of October to the very least. If that's too long, feel free to start earlier. I'll catch up with you sooner or later.

Ok we'll do Aterlier Rorona come maybe 2nd week november then. If you guys change your mind and want to do darksiders let me know. Hopefully it sparks interst and we can get more people.

1 hour ago, Superbuu3 said:

Ok we'll do Aterlier Rorona come maybe 2nd week november then. If you guys change your mind and want to do darksiders let me know. Hopefully it sparks interst and we can get more people.

Sounds good to me. What's the general opinion on completing a game vs. beating a game in a We Play? Personally, I'd like to complete Atelier Rorona.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, viech54 said:

Sounds good to me. What's the general opinion on completing a game vs. beating a game in a We Play? Personally, I'd like to complete Atelier Rorona.

Its more a motivation thing and gives you people to discuss stuff with. People who particpated generally found it fun to do. Also a good way to get to know fellow gamers. A couple of people in the groups I played online with quite a lot in the long run.

• 5 weeks later...