There's hackers on PS4 now?

Humonic

the way more infuriating thing is that you can't properly report it ... i don't care if ps4 can or can't be hacked. these times are not legit, mark them as cheated. easy as that.

but i also complained about that about the fastest achiever on borderlands2 (ps4). no one seems to care unfortunately :(

I seem to remember reading something posted on a different forum that explains that these are people hacking games but some of issue with downloading the game and whilst downloading, playing a different game causes the trophies to pop..... at least I'm sure that's what it said.

Edit: Ryoudji thanks for finding the thread about this I must of forgotten it was on this site I saw this already explained :D 

Edited by Razza

doesn't really make any difference in my opinion.

"illegit trophy is illegit" and shouldn't be counted for the leaderboard.

perhaps PSNP would just need a new type of flag for that. not exactly "cheated" (so no leaderboard ban after three strikes etc.), but simply "glitched" and thus not counting for the leaderboard rank.

doesn't really make any difference in my opinion.

"illegit trophy is illegit" and shouldn't be counted for the leaderboard.

perhaps PSNP would just need a new type of flag for that. not exactly "cheated" (so no leaderboard ban after three strikes etc.), but simply "glitched" and thus not counting for the leaderboard rank.

The problem is that once you achieved a trophy, you can't delete it. Meaning if my game glitches and gives me the whole trophy set without playing, i will never be able to earn those trophies again... Which is sad :/.

• Like 1

You're a little late

When PS4 games were downloaded and installed at around the same time, it'd sometimes pop trophies for the wrong game

In these cases, Sound Shapes was downloaded and installed at the same as inFAMOUS First Light and the cloud sync unlocked the trophies within seconds

I'm aware Sound Shapes PS4 may not be seen on one of their profiles, but the PS4 would have counted it as inFAMOUS First Light instead 

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

The problem is that once you achieved a trophy, you can't delete it. Meaning if my game glitches and gives me the whole trophy set without playing, i will never be able to earn those trophies again... Which is sad :/.

true, that sucks absolutely! but i don't know, that's just "bad luck" then. i still think it should NOT count for the leaderboard and even less for the fastest achievers. that's just unfair.

that's why i said it should just be flagged as "ignored" or something. so you don't have to hide any trophies and are not marked as a cheater, they simply don't count!

the problem basically is, that you'll never know if someone tried to force that glitch to his advantage or if it legitimately glitched on them.

and in any case it's simply unfair to every legit trophy hunter and especially "trophy speed runner" like the TC mentioned.

even worse: if there will be any way to hack trophies on PS4 (and that's really just more of a "when" than "if"), people will just timestamp them back to these days and claim it was the glitch, which the community declared as "legit".

how to catch those people exactly?

• Like 2

true, that sucks absolutely! but i don't know, that's just "bad luck" then. i still think it should NOT count for the leaderboard and even less for the fastest achievers. that's just unfair.

that's why i said it should just be flagged as "ignored" or something. so you don't have to hide any trophies and are not marked as a cheater, they simply don't count!

the problem basically is, that you'll never know if someone tried to force that glitch to his advantage or if it legitimately glitched on them.

and in any case it's simply unfair to every legit trophy hunter and especially "trophy speed runner" like the TC mentioned.

This too, has already been discussed

The glitch was random, you couldn't even plan it

The users the glitch occurred to was purely by accident, and they never meant for it to happen - they're not flagged as it was not in their control, and not their fault. I'm aware it may piss other people off, especially speedrunners - but if it happened to them, then I doubt they themselves would want to be flagged for something that was Sony's fault

Edited by Aela
  • Like 1

This too, has already been discussed

The glitch was random, you couldn't even plan it

The users the glitched occurred to was purely by accident, and they never meant for it to happen - they're not flagged as it was not in their control, and not their fault. I'm aware it may piss other people off, especially speedrunners - but if it happened to them, then I doubt they themselves would want to be flagged for something that was Sony's fault

Im with this - given the nature of these (apparently veryrare) system level glitches, i doubt it would be possible to try to recreate them in a controlled way to abuse them - and i certainly wouldnt want my profile to be considered 'tainted' just because of a very rare and unavoidable system-level error.

Its a million miles from deliberate hacking or cheating

• Like 1

can't they at least remove the time from the fastest achievers?

It's clearly not legit, so why keep it there.

I don't think it is possible to remove the timestamps as all trophy information comes from the playstation servers which has the timestamps attached with the trophies.

As people above have said above this Is a rare occurrence so I wouldn't be that bothered about it :)

not without labelling them as a cheater, which they clearly are not, so no

PSNP need to change that then... it's time to adapt apparently. 

I don't think it is possible to remove the timestamps as all trophy information comes from the playstation servers which has the timestamps attached with the trophies.

As people above have said above this Is a rare occurrence so I wouldn't be that bothered about it :)

You wouldn't be that bothered about it. 

Tell that to the people who speed run though, who have now been cheated out of first place by a glitch. 

The profile of a cheater is almost always the same (at least the ones that are trying to get to the top of the leaderboard). At the beginning and end of the timeline it always looks pretty normal, then in between 2011 and 2013 they're earning trophies monthly by the thousands. They're almost exclusively all PS3 games, and they're inevitably only ones with plats. So every time I see a new profile with tens of thousands of trophies, and the profile is blue all down the line and says "PS3...PS3...PS3...PS3...", I'm almost sure to find something sketchy.

So it makes me wonder if there's like a package deal somewhere out there on the internet, someone pays X amount and you get sent a flash drive with all these fucked up trophies on it. I've never had much interest in comparing and contrasting these random profiles that show up with 800 plats, maybe they all look the same and I just haven't noticed

PSNP need to change that then... it's time to adapt apparently.

You wouldn't be that bothered about it.

Tell that to the people who speed run though, who have now been cheated out of first place by a glitch.

Well I'm sure when people look at the leaderboards to look at fastest times they won't believe a game could be platinumed in seconds so they will just look to what the next time is and so on.

I understand you are annoyed as you obviously take great pride in speed running games but you are complaining about something that no one here can fix and I'm sure Sony will sort it once they find the cause of it :)

You're a little late

When PS4 games were downloaded and installed at around the same time, it'd sometimes pop trophies for the wrong game

In these cases, Sound Shapes was downloaded and installed at the same as inFAMOUS First Light and the cloud sync unlocked the trophies within seconds

I'm aware Sound Shapes PS4 may not be seen on one of their profiles, but the PS4 would have counted it as inFAMOUS First Light instead

This is very true. When I first got my ps4. I downloaded so many games. I started playing tales of the borderlands. I earned trophies so I went to sync them n earned trophies for the last of us. I hadn't even played the last of us yet. Look at my list I have trophies for ep. 2 but no ep. 1. I wanted to call in to sony but they probably think it's not big deal n just get tossed around. So this could happen but don't know why.

So it makes me wonder if there's like a package deal somewhere out there on the internet, someone pays X amount and you get sent a flash drive with all these fucked up trophies on it. I've never had much interest in comparing and contrasting these random profiles that show up with 800 plats, maybe they all look the same and I just haven't noticed

I've looked into this in the past out of boredom

You pay someone who has cfw on their PS3 with folders of trophy data, there are many packages but I believe I've seen some sellers that advertise 100 platinums for $100. It's like "you pay for what you get", the cheaper sellers have more noticeable hacked trophy timestamps, whereas the more expensive sellers have timestamps that look less fishy, or can look totally legit - you just simply provide your PSN details and they will sync the trophy data to your profile from their hacked PS3

NGU is full of trophy shops. If you want something to laugh at, you may want to view them - It's pathetic

This is very true. When I first got my ps4. I downloaded so many games. I started playing tales of the borderlands. I earned trophies so I went to sync them n earned trophies for the last of us. I hadn't even played the last of us yet. Look at my list I have trophies for ep. 2 but no ep. 1. I wanted to call in to sony but they probably think it's not big deal n just get tossed around. So this could happen but don't know why.

Give them a ring. You never know, they may be able to do something about the problem.

If people are deliberately abusing the glitch to pop trophies, then it's cheating.

But because it can happen by accident, I think one must, unfortunately, give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

why the times are still not legit and ruining for others, hide the game or be reported. But sadly our moderators don't see this because they appearenly don't think anyone care about the fastest achiever

why the times are still not legit and ruining for others, hide the game or be reported. But sadly our moderators don't see this because they appearenly don't think anyone care about the fastest achiever

"Hide the game or be reported" is just silly. The reporting would not lead to anything since they still haven't done anything wrong. "Our moderators" are also not the ones who decide who is cheating on the leaderboards.

Caring about "fastest achiever" is fine if one wants to care about that, but there's no one who will consider a "3 seconds" plat achiever as the actual fastest achiever, so it really shouldn't affect the fact that you are still the highest ranked player with a legit time and anyone who looks will see that as well.

These damned Sound Shapes, always causing problems.

If people are deliberately abusing the glitch to pop trophies, then it's cheating.

But because it can happen by accident, I think one must, unfortunately, give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

If it could be affected, we would see many more leaderboards like this.

It's (un)fortunately random.