Recommend a PS4 Game (New PS4 Owners Look Here)

Parker

On 12/11/2020 at 4:31 AM, iamthedotcom said:

Thanks for the recommendations! I kind of forgot about the Disgaea series, and while I've heard of XCOM, I've never seen anything about it. I'll check out some gameplay on youtube. If it can scratch that FFT itch, I'm in!

Thought of another one you may want to look into: Rainbow Moon. Possibly the sequel, too, but I haven't played that one.

• 2 months later...

The must-plays

1) Marvel's Spider-Man

2) Stardew Valley

3) The Walking Dead - The first season is really the only amazing Telltale Walking Dead game. But if you can get a good deal, just get The Telltale Definitive Series. The rest of the games in the series are all worth it, just not the level of must-play that the first season is.

The firmly recommended

1) The Last of Us Remastered

2) Ghost of Tsushima

3) Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

4) Dreams

5) Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

6) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

7) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

8) Dragon Quest Builders 2

9) Batman: The Telltale Series (Both Seasons)

10) Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling

11) The Wolf Among Us

12) Just Cause 3

13) Spyro Reignited Trilogy

14) Star Wars Battlefront II

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My top 3 PS4 games new players should look into:

1. Shadow of the Colossus (Amazing remake of a beloved PS2 exclusive that has great gameplay and a sense of exploration. The story is pretty good as well.)

2. Bloodborne (Very channeling yet rewarding game that focuses on skill and not giving up.)

3. Persona 5 / Persona 5 Royal (Laid-back RPG with funny and exciting spots in the story. Phenomenal stylized graphics. The initial reason I ever bought a PS4 after playing Persona 4 on the Vita.)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Can anyone recommend some isometric adventure games? I've been interested in the Pillars of Eternity games but have been put of by reports of the excessively long load times (at least a minute between each room) both games seem to be plagued with.

Fear Effect Sedna

Invisible Inc.

Bastion

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is a lot of really great games that have already been mentioned but one game I want to bring to light is a little indie game called Rain World. It is survival exploration platformer set in a sort of post apocalyptic world. The world has a dynamic ecosystem with creatures that move around searching for food and you have to learn to adapt within the ecosystem to survive. The game has absolutely amazing art direction and is very addicting once you get the mechanics down. It is a very tough and unforgiving game however so I wouldn't recommend it unless your up for the challenge.

It also has a story and an ending with some very interesting places and characters to meet if you can find them. I don't want to say any more with the risk of spoiling the game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I will name a few that probably didn't get mentioned. Also, I will consider VR because vr games are playable using a Ps4.

3 Recommendations for standard Ps4 that also work with the Ps4 + PSVR combo:

Bound-- This and Aer are top games in the category of Journey and Abzu (games without battles that aim to be "experiences" instead). Bound is original and unique. It delivers a story with a subject that matters. It feels like you are playing in a dream. It's also a great experience in its VR mode (much better than in its standard mode).

Xing the Land Beyond-- This is a beautiful puzzle game that is not in most people's radars. I would put this in the same "top puzzle games" league as Portal 1 and 2. Also, it looks as beautiful and interesting in VR as in non-vr. If you like puzzle games this is a must play.

The Persistence-- This started as a vr game only but it has a non-vr standard mode now; it is a great stealth-horror game in any mode, and I say this as someone who never even liked stealth or horror games that much, but this one is very well done. It's also a good sci-fi adventure with a dark tone because of the horror component.

3 Recommendations for standard Ps4 that don't have any VR:

Aer: Memories of Old-- This is what Journey would be if you could fly for real and if it had a lot of backstory that you can find scattered around its world. This one is a must-play for people that like exploration-focused games that include flying.

Ratchet and Clank-- The Ratchet & Clank games were always fun gaming and the one on Ps4 is no exception.

Uncharted series-- Entertaining movie-like 3rd-person adventure shooters.

3 Recommendations that are playable on Ps4 ONLY IF you also have psvr:

Astro Bot Rescue Mission (this is top 5 vr game material across all existing vr platforms; it is even better than the Ps5's Astro Bot game)

To the Top (best vr platformer)

Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets (a very nice and entertaining experience; there's nothing negative about it other than the fact that it lasts less than 4 hours)

NOTE: Other great Ps4/ps5-only exclusive games are Persona 5 Royal, Marvel's Spiderman, God of War, and Horizon Zero Dawn, but I bet those were recommended several times already.

Edited by ValkerianCreator

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone reccomend either a good Shmup, Platformer or RPG?

I'll play literally any platformer or shmup but rpg wise I prefer games where the platinum is straight forward and doesn't require a ton of attention to detail. 

Any game I've hit 100% is a good example of games I like to play.

Edited by GodKaio-Ken

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, GodKaio-Ken said:

Can anyone reccomend either a good Shmup, Platformer or RPG?

I'll play literally any platformer or shmup but rpg wise I prefer games where the platinum is straight forward and doesn't require a ton of attention to detail. 

Any game I've hit 100% is a good example of games I like to play.

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype Definitive Edition is a great shmup.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2023 at 7:33 AM, Annoyingtiger888 said:

My favorite games that I highly recommend:

Grand Theft Auto V

Never Alone

Stray <3 

Seasons After All

Last Day of June

Bleach: Brave Souls

Watch Dogs

How annoying is Brave Souls to platinum? I've been considering it but I hate not getting plats and I'm not sure I want to dedicate Tons and tons of hours to it as a game. 

10 minutes ago, GodKaio-Ken said:

How annoying is Brave Souls to platinum? I've been considering it but I hate not getting plats and I'm not sure I want to dedicate Tons and tons of hours to it as a game. 

Unfortunately, there is no platinum for BBS :( However, the trophies aren't bad at all except for one: Kenpachi - Brave Battle wins: x250. This will take some time unless you get the top OP characters, but with a little patience and regular play, it's not too bad.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Unfortunately, there is no platinum for BBS :( However, the trophies aren't bad at all except for one: Kenpachi - Brave Battle wins: x250. This will take some time unless you get the top OP characters, but with a little patience and regular play, it's not too bad.

Gotcha, I don't mind games without a platinum. If it's something I can clear most of the trophies and just work on that one in my free time it might be worth it since I used to be a massive Bleach fan. 

Thank you!