HOGGLIKE

vV_PaRaSiTe_Vv

It's now been a decent amount of time since the game has been released and HOGGLIKE is still sitting at 0% with 0 earners. Is it glitched or just ridiculously difficult? 

It's no doubt glitched

People have still earned trophies, though

• 3 weeks later...

I'm of the opinion that it's just extraordinarily difficult. I've yet to hear anyone state that they had got it and not had the trophy unlock. I honestly think that getting it is close to Cloudberry level difficulty, just because of the sheer randomness of the AI and there being no real strategy to beat them other than just knowing the game.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I found this guide on a steam forum discussion for this game, not sure if this technique will translate over to the PS4 edition but could be worth a shot. I think I am going to give it a try on my Vita and just try it over a longer period of time, leaving the Vita plugged in to a power source and in standby between attempts when I get frustrated.

I will post later on if it ends up being successful. though if anyone can deny or confirm this method that would be helpful too,

http://steamcommunity.com/app/94400/discussions/0/648817377482222085/

HOGGLIKE

To get this achievement you have to beat single player mode without dying. But if you've been killed by your opponent you shouldn't restart single player mode again. Just let your opponent win this round and keep playing until you beat him without dying. So in each afterround statistic screen you must see:

0 suicides of your character

and

0 kills of your opponent.

And after the last 16th round the achievement will be obtained.

Edited by yeahimabird
  • Like 2

I found this guide on a steam forum discussion for this game, not sure if this technique will translate over to the PS4 edition but could be worth a shot. I think I am going to give it a try on my Vita and just try it over a longer period of time, leaving the Vita plugged in to a power source and in standby between attempts when I get frustrated.[/size]

I will post later on if it ends up being successful. though if anyone can deny or confirm this method that would be helpful too, [/size]

http://steamcommunity.com/app/94400/discussions/0/648817377482222085/

This trophy is incredible difficult. I give it a try every so often but can only take so much disapointment. I am going to try this technique to see if it works at all.

Already done it.

When you die in singlplayer let enemy win this level. Help him because you'll see all stupidness of AI! Run on his sword all the time or else he will get to his win in 5 minutes or even more (one time it took him 12 minutes...). When he win, you will continue game from this level, but game will not remember your deaths! So you can try it again with no harm for trophy! 

As I saw AI is the same in all levels. 

Good luck and patience. 

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2987-Nidhogg/12-HOGGLIKE

• Like 1

So I tried this a couple of times and I've come up with some strats that will make it quicker:

To move past enemies:

Divekicks! You can easily divekick over or against the AI. If you are on the right side of the AI, try to lure him to the end of the screen. This way you only need to kill (or let the AI suicide) once and get to the other side of the AI 3 times (per level).

To let the enemy win:

Jump (& divekick) over the enemy when he got "the arrow" and run a little distance away from him. When the AI decides to run away from you, try to chase him. I found out if you crouch then  the enemy will run away quicker.

PS: Thanks to mrmbmrmb, Otter in sweater & AlexUmbra for testing this cheevo/trophy!

EDIT: Got it myself using these tactics.

Edited by A1rPun

Also I can say this tips:

Look at enemy sword position:

if it's high, then do roll to kick his leg and finish quick.

if it's low, then divekick

if middle... wait him to do one of the first variants)

Also this horrible AI taught me some good tactic:

If you stay on the higher position, just be on the edge and put sword on middle/high position and wait enemy jump on you to his death. Sometime it's taking him ~1 minute to make suicide)

Cloud level can be start pretty easy: stay and wait your enemy to fall through the clouds.

Edited by AlexUmbra
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Can you still lose your arrow as long you don't die and the trophy will unlock?

You lose your arrow when you die. Just make sure you have 0 suicides and the opponent has 0 kills and the end of the stage.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Like 1

I just got HOGGLIKE trophy, even the opponents made me lose my sword. And I say when I was alive fighting with my fists.

I'm writing a trophy guide for the game guys so feedbacks would be appreciated.

Congratulations! You can lose your sword yes ;)

If you are writing one for PSNProfiles do you want to collaborate?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This damn game crashed two times after 12 and 14 defeated opponents. Does anyone know how to prevent the game to crash?? I'm really starting to hate this game.

Finally I got it and I can confirm that it still works! Two and a half hours of pure pain :D 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I can't really confirm this but from my gut feeling I think the vita version AI is somehow more stupid than the PS4 version AI.

I tried playing the PS4 version a year or so ago and couldn't complete the single player for the life of me. Got as far as one of the flashing guys near the end. Played it recently on Vita (specifically PSTV but doubt those two versions have any difference) and I was able to complete single player without much thought in about 30 minutes.

Now I haven't gone for Hogglike but going by this slight observation it may be easier to achieve on Vita. Can anyone confirm this or have at least seen a similar observation?

I had put this game completely to the side as it was hard enough for me to just complete it but was surprised I was able to do so the other day. It could just lay on luck or maybe I'm somehow better at it but that seems unlikely as I haven't touched it in 1+ years.

4 hours ago, StandSilent said:

I can't really confirm this but from my gut feeling I think the vita version AI is somehow more stupid than the PS4 version AI.

I tried playing the PS4 version a year or so ago and couldn't complete the single player for the life of me. Got as far as one of the flashing guys near the end. Played it recently on Vita (specifically PSTV but doubt those two versions have any difference) and I was able to complete single player without much thought in about 30 minutes.

Now I haven't gone for Hogglike but going by this slight observation it may be easier to achieve on Vita. Can anyone confirm this or have at least seen a similar observation?

I had put this game completely to the side as it was hard enough for me to just complete it but was surprised I was able to do so the other day. It could just lay on luck or maybe I'm somehow better at it but that seems unlikely as I haven't touched it in 1+ years.

I tried to complete HOGGLIKE in 2017 on a PS4 and it was nothing short of pure frustration (followed by a game crash during the final levels, losing all progress). I got a Vita a while ago and randomly decided to try it on that in 2021 and it was done and dusted in about 30-40 minutes. I can't say for sure whether the AI is supider but the idea of being able to just put the Vita down and continue later without losing progress makes it considerably easier on that platform regardless. Something about that trophy felt like a nightmare on the PS4.