Platinum Trophy Difficulty

vV_PaRaSiTe_Vv

It's basically a 9 or 10/10 solely due to having to complete the game in heroic mode. It is where you have to complete the entire game from scratch on a difficulty higher than the normal selectable difficulties, and you only have one life per level and can't save during levels.

It's basically a 9 or 10/10 solely due to having to complete the game in heroic mode. It is where you have to complete the entire game from scratch on a difficulty higher than the normal selectable difficulties, and you only have one life per level and can't save during levels.

I notice Veet recently played this game, do you know his verdict was on it? 

So when you die, do you have to do all the levels again?

You should check out in the forum section "Platinum difficulty/Estimated time to platinum" on playstationtrophies.org.

Great source online for answering these types of questions.

Here's the one for Shadow Warrior: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/shadow-warrior/250410-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

Cheers.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

I notice Veet recently played this game, do you know his verdict was on it?

He said he liked it, don't remember him saying anything much about what he thought of the difficulty numbers wise.

So when you die, do you have to do all the levels again?

No, just the level you are on. Some levels can take upwards of 45 minutes to an hour though depending on how safe you're playing it, so dying can still set you back a lot.

Ah ok, what about you? Do you think it's worth the current tag.

You mean price wise? I love it, I bought it right when it came out and thought it was fantastic. It's a really solid shooter that doesn't take itself seriously and is real fun to play.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

This game is a true gem I almost missed, it was £10 in the shop and I thought why not. This game is a homage to old style games and the story is sufficiently engaging you don't get bored and there are some funny one liners from the main character and the "levelling system" works well, you get rewarded for performing different kills. There are lots of weapons to choose from, I love using the Demon Heart and crushing it!!! Mhahahaha...*cough*

With regards to the difficulty, I think this is deff a solid 9, I am onto Chapter 13 of my Heroic playthrough and I want to throw the controller through the TV at times, there. I love the skill that can bring you back from death but it sucks there is a cool down as I have died usually 30secs after using it lol. The enemies are at times annoying as hell but I am loving the feeling of victory after seeing a Chapter finish, I have taken about 1hr 20mins on some as you need to kite bosses hitting and regenning health lol

I strongly suggest giving this game a go!

If you are interested in gameplay, check my YouTube channel for a playthrough:

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=arkon%20rhys%20shadow%20warrior&sm=3

As long as old threads are being digged up, I'm throwing in my five cents and saying that I bought this day one and am not even disappointed about the game now selling for a third of what I paid.

That being said, if you take one look at the trophy cards in my signature below, you'd know I fucking adore this kind of game.

• 1 month later...

The hardest difficulty is a bitch. I won't ever platnium this because of the missions that take a hour to complete and if you die congrats because you get to waste a hour of your life trying to do it all over again.

Welcome to 90s era FPS games. Or a good 90s era FPS game at least.

If this game had have had the Duke 3D XBLA/PSN/Steam rewind when you die feature, it would have been a lot more fun for a lot more people. 

• Like 1

It's a great game and I'm eagerly awaiting SW2, however the Heroic mode trophy isn't an easy one.   At 91% trophies I gave up, can get pretty frustrating, especially in longer chapters, die and you're sent back to the beginning of the chapter, again and again in some places.   Well worth playing though.

• 2 months later...

Im looking forward to this challenge.  Randomly downloaded this off psn and had no clue it had a challenging list/ and a upper diffuculty playthough that is tough.  : )   me like.  Probabyl won't plat it but I will be going after this 1 life per chapteer challenge.  If I put up with a max payne 3 full game without dieing i think i can brush off a chapter death ya know?   surprised it's so rare, but maybe it really is that tough.  

Edited by SilkyJay86

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the game but I haven't tried it yet because of the Heroic mode. I was just thinking about it though, I got the Dead Space 2 plat on a friends account and sometimes you can get set back even more than 1 hour depending on when you saved last. I plan on going for it when I am done with Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour.

Bought this game a while ago and started playing it only yesterday, It is brilliant and the flash back from the original was a good laugh. I seem to have a controller drift problem though, I wonder whats causing that?

On the left or right stick? I had an issue with my Dualshock 3 controller where the thumb stick was messed up and my character would walk forward ever so slightly. I would guess it is something like that.

I have the game but I haven't tried it yet because of the Heroic mode. I was just thinking about it though, I got the Dead Space 2 plat on a friends account and sometimes you can get set back even more than 1 hour depending on when you saved last. I plan on going for it when I am done with Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour.

On the left or right stick? I had an issue with my Dualshock 3 controller where the thumb stick was messed up and my character would walk forward ever so slightly. I would guess it is something like that.

Both, it drifts down on the right and back on the left, So both the same direction. Tried both DS4's I have and the xb1 elite using cronusmax, same outcome. Maybe there's a dead zone option? I still played it for an hour or so. Fantastic game, recommend highly.