Tales Of Symphonia coming to PC

Venocide

GameCube role-player Tales of Symphonia will get a digital PC release next year, publisher Bandai Namco has announced.

The PC will get the refreshed Tales of Syphonia HD edition that launched last year for PlayStation 3.

However, this release looks like it won't include Symphonia's sequel - Dawn of the New World - that also launched last year in a combined Tales of Symphonia Chronicles pack.

Symphonia remains one of the most popular entries in Namco's long-running JRPG series, which now numbers nearly 20 titles.

The upcoming PC version of Tales of Zestiria will include a free copy of Tales of Symphonia HD - if enough people pre-purchase the game via Steam.

• Like 1

I don't really play games on PC but it's interesting to see more Japanese developers making PC versions of their games. It also makes me wonder why they don't go fully cross platform and release it for Xbone too, is it because they don't think it will sell? Or do they have some kind of agreement with Sony?

I wonder what the chances are that this will also come to PS4 now. I already own the PS3 version but I haven't played it yet and I would much prefer to play it on the PS4.

That's nice, the game is a fantastic JRPG, I still have my GameCube version here and have yet to try the PS3 version that I bought from these PSN sales.

Hopefully the port will turn alright and people will enjoy it as much as we did.

This is pretty cool, but I can imagine from day 1 that there's going to be a number of issues with the port, Japanese Devs either dont put a lot of resources into the PC port or outsource to a company that does a half assed job. Happy that it's getting a PC port, but my money's on there being dozens of issues with both of the games..

It also makes me wonder why they don't go fully cross platform and release it for Xbone too, is it because they don't think it will sell? Or do they have some kind of agreement with Sony?

Short story: Japanese developers don't have the skills or money to work on the X1 bad sales when it comes to JRPGs. Other games are fine but JRPGs don't make a dent in sales. Best having PC or PS4 with an X1 if one is checking for JRPGs, 

Short story: Japanese developers don't have the skills or money to work on the X1 bad sales when it comes to JRPGs. Other games are fine but JRPGs don't make a dent in sales. Best having PC or PS4 with an X1 if one is checking for JRPGs, 

From the little I understand, a port from PC to PS4 and Xbone would be fairly simple considering their similar architecture. Also saying that Japanese developers don't have the skill to do something like that is a very broad statement and not exactly true. Surely if they can bring the game from PS3 to PC with their wildly different architecture then a PS4 and Xbone version wouldn't be that difficult for them to do, I'm only assuming of course. It seems more likely to me that they don't think it's worth putting in the effort to make an Xbone version rather then due to a lack of skill. I wouldn't blame them either, I know that JRPGs usually sell poorly on Xbox platforms or at the very least, worst than on PlayStation.

• Like 1

From the little I understand, a port from PC to PS4 and Xbone would be fairly simple considering their similar architecture. Also saying that Japanese developers don't have the skill to do something like that is a very broad statement and not exactly true. 

I never said that nor did I it. Japanese companies don't have skill to work on X1 sales as it would be a waste of their time. Games like Chaos Child and (possibly) Psycho Pass are ported to the PS4/Vita due to bad sales. Even companies in the EU or NA don't have time too but for Japan, it's wouldn't hinder them as much because the Xbox One doesn't sell well over there. 

Surely if they can bring the game from PS3 to PC with their wildly different architecture then a PS4 and Xbone version wouldn't be that difficult for them to do, I'm only assuming of course.

I think this is the TOS from the Gamecube version which runs at 60fps not 30fps.

It seems more likely to me that they don't think it's worth putting in the effort to make an Xbone version rather then due to a lack of skill. I wouldn't blame them either, I know that JRPGs usually sell poorly on Xbox platforms or at the very least, worst than on PlayStation.

That's what I was saying in the first place. You wouldn't blame them? Only a few have tried and the ones that did never tried digital, they went straight retail rather than digital first. Xbox is probably not for you and that's cool.

Edited by 3DS Master Race

Glad to see most of the Japanese developers getting on board with Steam, I like to buy most games there because of the cross play/buy between my laptop and desktop so this is a treat :D

Edited by Hailst0rm_2

Glad to see most of the Japanese developers getting on board with Steam, I like to buy most games there because of the cross play/buy between my laptop and desktop so this is a treat :D

I just can't wait for W10 and this to get an achievement list. 

• Like 1

I just can't wait for W10 and this to get an achievement list. 

I made the mistake of upgrading to the preview version of W10 and have had a few compatibility issues using it for gaming. So I'm a bit worried about it when it officially releases, aside from that its great. Hopefully the compatibility problems will be fixed at the time of release.

Guys, steamspy says that 800 people have already pre-ordered.

I made the mistake of upgrading to the preview version of W10 and have had a few compatibility issues using it for gaming. So I'm a bit worried about it when it officially releases, aside from that its great. Hopefully the compatibility problems will be fixed at the time of release.

I feel bad for you. What would you rate your experience right now? 

Guys, steamspy says that 800 people have already pre-ordered.

I feel bad for you. What would you rate your experience right now? 

As a normal OS 9/10 everything works as I would expect.

Gaming I'd say 7/10, some of my favorite apps are not compatible yet (LAN party apps like Hamachi, and Evolve for example) and I've had a couple games that wouldn't launch, but they were mostly obscure titles. It was just disappointing to lose that going from 8 to 10.

Edited by Hailst0rm_2