Xeliot's Hall of Keyblade Mastery Exam

Xel

1S6a081a.png#98 Everybody's Gone To The Rapture  :platinum: 

rapture-gif.gif

The view in this game is absolutely fantastic. Peace and quiet. But when you go deeper in the lore, you'll find touchy moments of townspeople's life. If you're looking for sightseeing - that's the right game for you. But it might feel a little bit too slow (you literally crawl through the whole game).

• Like 3

1S6a081a.png#98 Everybody's Gone To The Rapture  :platinum: 

rapture-gif.gif

The view in this game is absolutely fantastic. Peace and quiet. But when you go deeper in the lore, you'll find touchy moments of townspeople's life. If you're looking for sightseeing - that's the right game for you. But it might feel a little bit too slow (you literally crawl through the whole game).

1S07d851.png#99 Gravity Rush Remastered  :platinum: 

Congrats with your new plats Xeliot ! 2 very beautiful games !

4da908a477b72576d03703b127768cfa.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nice man, I love that 100th platinum of yours. I might purchase it and play it for fun. I know both game and trophy wise it's going to be a long grind but worth it.  :lol:

You're gonna have a blast :) Just don't let the genre scare you it's very welcoming for all types of gamers. :D

1S9b6f79.png#101 STREET FIGHTER V 

tumblr_o9mjghSzPU1r7sijxo1_1280.gif

Street Fighter V is the finest fighting game I've played to date. It's core mechanics are fair, really well polished and have maybe one fault in them. New players can easily pick up this and start to understand how to play compared to most fighting games out there. Assessing this after the updates does give this game greater life and incentive to try out every character and realise there isn't a standalone character which can easily beat everyone: the roster is very balanced. Challenge mode can help teach players damaging combos and training mode is very easy to understand as a tool to help develop a player's fighting game skills. The expenditure on an arcade stick is strongly advised to anyone wanting to play at the competitive level but a regular joypad is fine to use. 

Comparing this to Street Fighter 4, everything is cleaner. There is greater visual input as character animation change whether the attack has hit or is blocked, allowing the player to get instant feedback on what they can do next. One frame combos are no longer a thing, which helps new players to execute top level combos but unfortunately means greater ease for international level players to perform bigger combos more consistently; not really leveling off the playing field. The models themselves look sharper but all the long hair clips through the bodies of character, something that still needs to be addressed. 
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Time to revive this dead checklist.

1S67184a.png#102 Odin Sphere Leifthraiser   :platinum:

odinsphere.jpg

Perfect game. It's exceedingly rare how a video game nowadays can keep the player guessing and playing for hours just to see how the story unfolds bit by bit until the very last moment, not to mention a story that appeared to be quite mainstream at the first sight. The feeling of seeing everything gradually fit together until the finale is incredible. The author certainly knows his stuff. He seems to have mastered all the European mythologies and legends by heart to be able to mix and match them at ease without any jarring feeling while keeping an unmistakably Japanese core at the heart of the story. Also, apart from certain chapters, which felt a bit artificial and prolonged so that each protagonist/individual drama gets the same number of acts, the story is almost flawless: You keep thinking about it even after you finish, and everything just clicks naturally, unlike so many ridiculous money grabs which simply leave gaping holes here and there or make you cringe. Actually, a lot of plot treatments make much more sense than the abrupt turns of events in the original The Ring of the Nibelung by Wagner, which a part of the story loosely adapted. The convincing voice acting (the Japanese version at least) and atmospheric arts also played a big part in it, as well as all the typically Japanese attention to details. In fact, if you take out all the gaming components, this in itself is a top notch hours-long stage drama to be enjoyed on its own. I'd recommend anybody to buy it just for the drama alone. 

The gaming aspect is quite good, enough to keep you playing and feeling satisfied between acts of the drama. Each character's style is distinctive and enjoyable enough. It's definitely not perfect, though, with difficulty being the major issue. The "normal" difficulty felt a bit too easy and sometimes I didn't sweat at all during a full chapter, with some bosses being extremely easy to deal with, and only felt totally geared up for less than 10 boss battles in the whole game. However, once you get used to "normal", which is the default, it will be really difficult to switch to "hard", which guarantees you to die a few times even battling a middle boss. There should be a reasonable middle ground between them. On repetition, I'd say it's just a minor issue, since although each character revisits the same place, in theory, the actual map and battlefield each time is different enough to keep you intrigued. And even the same type of boss has variations in details when battling different characters. 

9/10. I definitely recommend it to anybody, no matter you're interested in JRPG or European mythology, or just simply enjoys a good story with soul (which is really rare nowadays), you'll find this game amazing.

• Like 1

Nice, congrats on getting the plat for Odin Sphere. I love the story and characters there. But I would say my fave was probably Oswald. What about you?

Oh and that FIN though :(

Gwendolyn was my favorite gameplay-wise, but story-wise, definitely Velvet.

I love the trophy list name. As you can see by my icon I'm a huge Kingdom Hearts fan and I'm going for all of the plats now. Kingdom Hearts 2 down three more to go.

Good luck! Long live KH fandom <3

Congrats on your platinum :) I would love to get this game one day

You're gonna love it. I'm usually critical when it comes to games, but Odin Sphere is one of those games that you will remember for decades. 

• Like 1

Gwendolyn was my favorite gameplay-wise, but story-wise, definitely Velvet.

Oh wow great choices. Gwendolyn's moves a good. Though I I probably sucked at using her in the beginning haha.

Velvet is just pure <3

If I choose a story wise char, I would say Mercedes but you know...... :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wake up checklist I got another platinum for you.

1S1ed149.png#103 Bully  :platinum:

large.jpg

An endlessly enjoyable game that put a unique spin on the open world format. Great characters, memorable soundtrack and brilliant representations of school stereotypes.

• Like 3

Congrats on the Bully plat! It's a very interesting choice of a game. I consider giving it a go every now and then... something about a very schoolkid-centric twist on the GTA formula just seems like a silly enough idea to work for me :P

And Kat, it's hard to blame ya when you have as extensive a trophy log as yours! But that's all the more reason to make your checklist ASAP; before you have even MORE work ahead of ya. My advice is to start writing it up in Google Docs or something, so you don't have to write the entire thread in one go.

• Like 2