Xeliot's Hall of Keyblade Mastery Exam

Xel

1S6fc0c8.png#84 Kingdom Hearts Final Mix  :platinum: 

tumblr_mwaqbxKUfr1s60yyoo2_500.gif

The nostalgia is thick, the feeling is magic. I remembered this game fondly and that feeling is only strengthened. Although the game shows its age graphically and gameplay aspects, its a welcome return of an older RPG. I don't know what people expected, complaining about parts of the game such as camera angles and visuals. Its a game that is over 10 years old. You have to respect the amount of work and difficulty that went into porting a game like that. Its to be commended. So anyway I tried to do 3 speedruns ( The fact that difficulty trophies don't stack is dumb, btw) but my 3rd playthrough on proud sucked big time simply because I powered through the story like Rambo with no Second Chance or Leaf Brace, it was bad. I feel sorry for my controller. Ansem, you're a dick, bro. 

Omedetou goshuujin-sama ^_^

(¬‿¬) omedetou...

• Like 2

c58.jpg#85 Life Is Strange  :platinum: 

giphy.gif

The biggest surprise of the year for me. Great narrative, relatable story, awesome music and visual style (dem saturated sunsets!).  For fans of the genre and time travel, this is a must have title  :)

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

1S772352.png#86 FINAL FANTASY VII  :platinum: 

tumblr_ns96pfp2pg1upfsozo1_500.gif

A traditional RPG when it comes to gameplay, Final Fantasy VII does not stay shy of novelty providing to the player a huge adventure in a very well-thought setting. Despite average in-game graphics, the visual impression is top-notch. It is undoubtedly advantaged by the fact that in 1997 there weren't many RPGs outside Japan, but it is a game so devoutly crafted that has virtually no weak point. The plot is excellent and keeps the player hooked even after 30+ hours of gameplay.

Wow Congratulations with your 86 plat :) its all so on my wish list to plat this year!!!

65e6f67620d0c33d847fa794ea4760d6.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

1S80f191.png#89 Assassin's Creed Syndicate  :platinum:

giphy.gif

Syndicate excels at re-creating a dingy dangerous London which is big and hugely populated. Graphically the game is beautiful and some of the highlights are simply exploring with the new free-run set up - basically free-run up and free-run down controls, it makes an epic difference from earlier versions. 

All said, though, I wasn't blown away remotely by Syndicate. Its story is unoriginal, the missions are tedious from the off and you can't help feeling about an hour into the game, this is a redressed revamp of the last edition of AC. There's something cynical about Ubisoft's obsession with making this an annual release. 
Personally, I'd like Ubisoft to go away and take a long hard look at what they haven't achieved and recognise that a franchise doesn't need an annual release to keep fresh in the buyers minds, it needs to be inspirational and enjoyable. After Black Flag, I 
would have happily awaited years for the next release and for the next one to blow me away - but instead, we get Syndicate. It is not a bad game, but I need something fresh, I'm done with this franchise. 

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 3

So many AAAs in the recent updates, you should return to JRPGs =D

Congrats on almost 90, I do hope your 100 will be Zero Escape 3 :awesome:

Soon I will get my hands on Gravity Daze Remastered, it could be my next plat.

100th is reserved for Final Fantasy XIV  :lol:

• Like 1

1S80f191.png#89 Assassin's Creed Syndicate  :platinum:

giphy.gif

Syndicate excels at re-creating a dingy dangerous London which is big and hugely populated. Graphically the game is beautiful and some of the highlights are simply exploring with the new free-run set up - basically free-run up and free-run down controls, it makes an epic difference from earlier versions. 

All said, though, I wasn't blown away remotely by Syndicate. Its story is unoriginal, the missions are tedious from the off and you can't help feeling about an hour into the game, this is a redressed revamp of the last edition of AC. There's something cynical about Ubisoft's obsession with making this an annual release. 

Personally, I'd like Ubisoft to go away and take a long hard look at what they haven't achieved and recognise that a franchise doesn't need an annual release to keep fresh in the buyers minds, it needs to be inspirational and enjoyable. After Black Flag, I would have happily awaited years for the next release and for the next one to blow me away - but instead, we get Syndicate. It is not a bad game, but I need something fresh, I'm done with this franchise. 

Congratulations with your new plats :) How was the new AC game ? The last ACU was very bad , i hope new one is much better !

• Like 1

Congratulations with your new plats :) How was the new AC game ? The last ACU was very bad , i hope new one is much better !

Thanks, Cassi! :D  Well, I enjoyed it for the most part but nothing surprised me about it. It has no innovation whatsoever.

1S9b5244.png#90 Grim Fandango  :platinum: 

tumblr_nd22cco5my1qzosjao1_1280.gif

If Grim Fandango wasn't a game, certainly could've been a good movie and a hilarious one! The plot and characters are so amazing, that managed to have me pay maximum attention to every cutscene and dialogue. Something really memorable and it's what makes it so special. 

However, some puzzles (which is the core of the gameplay) makes I wish I had a crystal ball. Even if they're not illogical (for the most part), the clues are too vague to be considered minimally helpful and sometimes the only way to made it, is to play trial and error until finding the solution. More than visual refinements (almost none by the away), this remastered version of Grim Fandango, could have had a hint system or some additional information. Certainly would not hurt. 

In conclusion, if the puzzles starting to get irritating, I suggest using a faq, at least, to reach the end of this amazing story.

1S6de76a.png#91 Battlefield Hardline  :platinum:

NDAsio.gif

Take everything you love about Battlefield.. Big open maps, dynamic vehicle combat, epic large scale battles... Now pull down your pants and drop a giant deuce on all of that.. That's what you get from Hardline. I knew it was going to be terrible when they advertised it as "the fastest Battlefield ever." It is trying way to hard to be Call of Duty.. Guns kill way too quickly and the combat is really dumbed down. Vehicle wise, there are a couple of choppers and basically the jeep with the machine gun from Battlefield 4.. no tanks, jets, etc. All the maps are pretty tiny, and everything is really closed off so almost all combat is close quarters hectic spray and pray.. But don't worry, if you die, just respawn in 3 seconds right back in the "action" to shoot some helpless player in the back.

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

1S824bbb.png#92 Onechanbara Z2: Chaos  :platinum: 

419135_front-520x245.jpg

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos is a game that will either be a gem or a dud for players. Personally, I love it. The newest title in the over the top series, Z2 Chaos continues to deliver on the fan service front. Gore? Check. Zombies? Check. Scantily clad protagonists? Check x4. Yes, you will take over four characters in this game. All have unique little quirks that set the apart from one another: Look, weapons, moves, etc. Speaking of moves, the gameplay actually feels fun, slicing and dicing zombies proves to be a great blood-soaked endeavor. My only real gripes with the game would be the area you visit in-game look somewhat at times, and the fact there are still horrid those damned invisible walls. Sadly there is no multiplayer as well, something I feel as though the game initially had in mind. But all in all, if you're wanting something fun and bloody to pass the time, pick this game up. It's the best installment in the Onechanbara series, and an overall excellent little game.

• Like 3

1S824bbb.png#92 Onechanbara Z2: Chaos  :platinum: 

419135_front-520x245.jpg

Onechanbara Z2 Chaos is a game that will either be a gem or a dud for players. Personally, I love it. The newest title in the over the top series, Z2 Chaos continues to deliver on the fan service front. Gore? Check. Zombies? Check. Scantily clad protagonists? Check x4. Yes, you will take over four characters in this game. All have unique little quirks that set the apart from one another: Look, weapons, moves, etc. Speaking of moves, the gameplay actually feels fun, slicing and dicing zombies proves to be a great blood-soaked endeavor. My only real gripes with the game would be the area you visit in-game look somewhat at times, and the fact there are still horrid those damned invisible walls. Sadly there is no multiplayer as well, something I feel as though the game initially had in mind. But all in all, if you're wanting something fun and bloody to pass the time, pick this game up. It's the best installment in the Onechanbara series, and an overall excellent little game.

Wow Xeliot you are on fire ! Congrats with your new plat :) Do you go play Odin Sphere?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1S489bd6.png#93 Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered  :platinum: 

1S0379f9.png#94 God of War: Chains of Olympus   :platinum: 

1S6e0751.png#95 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered  :platinum: 

1S18f57c.png#96 Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered  :platinum: 

Haven't updated the thread in a while.  :P

Edited by Xeliot
  • Like 1

1Sbbad7e.png#97 NARUTO SHIPPUDEN : Ultimate Ninja STORM 4  :platinum:

318d8ae7f7225105a82f4127ae5fb748.gif

A solid fighting game with a humongous character roster, artful story mode and plenty of unlockables make Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 one of the best anime adapted games to date. Graphically, the game has not improved much since it's many past incarnations on previous generation hardware, but the over-the-top action and drama sequences in the relatively short story campaign are quite stunningly portrayed. The frame-rate remains steady this time around, even with six interchangeable fighters using insane special moves and attacks on-screen at one time, so there is no slowdown during player combat, unlike the previous titles in this series. In addition, there are several survival, challenge and tournament modes, all of which are fun and rewarding. The addition of an after-story RPG mode adds to the overall length of the game though it is nowhere as impressive as the main campaign mode. This game is definitely a shining example of what anime licensed titles should strive for.

• Like 2

1Sbbad7e.png#97 NARUTO SHIPPUDEN : Ultimate Ninja STORM 4  :platinum:

318d8ae7f7225105a82f4127ae5fb748.gif

A solid fighting game with a humongous character roster, artful story mode and plenty of unlockables make Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 one of the best anime adapted games to date. Graphically, the game has not improved much since it's many past incarnations on previous generation hardware, but the over-the-top action and drama sequences in the relatively short story campaign are quite stunningly portrayed. The frame-rate remains steady this time around, even with six interchangeable fighters using insane special moves and attacks on-screen at one time, so there is no slowdown during player combat, unlike the previous titles in this series. In addition, there are several survival, challenge and tournament modes, all of which are fun and rewarding. The addition of an after-story RPG mode adds to the overall length of the game though it is nowhere as impressive as the main campaign mode. This game is definitely a shining example of what anime licensed titles should strive for.

Congrats with your new plat Xeliot !!! The new Naruto movie is great , I love play the new Naruto game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Such a beautiful list of games xeliot, congratulations

Also thumbs up for the kingdom Hearts references :D

Thanks for stopping by :D, usually people tend to stay away from my checklist because of Comic Sans font  :lol: 

And yeah gotta have that KH vibe wherever I go.  :giggle: 

• Like 1

usually people tend to stay away from my checklist because of Comic Sans font  :lol:

3304659+_3e3335b4c59eeb3d6727c7175a71615

Isn't that actually the reason to come here? :D

Also, I feel you have not updated the OP for a while :awesome:

And... I still like that Kat has one of the biggest description of them all =D (And my love for FF0 does not need to be mentioned again xD)

I might have said it before, but it still pains me you did not like Clannad :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami