How do you deal with grinding?

G1gabitGaming

Slice it into manageable chunks.  Instead of one huge grind, better to do a whole bunch of smaller ones.  This way, I can play other games around the grinding in a single title.

Also, try and make each of those micro-grinds have a particular goal to work towards.  It's easier to handle from a psychological point of view if there's some sort of tangible progress being made.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, grinding. The bane of a lot of trophy lists.. well, I usually just keep going at it like I've been doing for quite a while. Though I do like to break it up when it comes to game a like FF XIII or Star Ocean.. just solely focusing on those grinds could cause me to get burned out and not want to touch the game for a while.

Now if it's a Musou game like Dynasty Warriors, I'm hacking away at my enemies and everything while listening to badass music that's playing in the game so there's no problem there. :P

I put someone else do it, or take turns with my sister. I rarely grind myself dont have the concentration to do it, yes but music helps and optimistic thinking i guess :P Keep repeating yourself a mantra: It over soon, Its over soon or Even a small progress is a tiny step forward. ^^

Still don't know how some people can watch videos and even TV episodes while playing. I guess I just have a really low tolerance for multitasking.

I never play that long all at once (usually just 1h at a time), so I just keep grinding the same game until I'm done. I feel better knowing that I'm working really hard towards the one game and that way it'll be over sooner. Though when it's an exceptionally long grind, I put it away for a month or two, platinum a game or two in the meantime, and then come back to it. Only ever did it with Bayonetta, though (14 playthroughs to unlock everything was a bit too much, lol).

• 8 years later...