How do you deal with grinding?

G1gabitGaming

Hey, now I'm sure this has been asked before, but upon a search i couldn't find a thread that matched what i wanted to discuss.

How do you deal with grinding?

Personally, i need something or someone to distract me. I find it very relaxing to grind while talking to someone. It takes my mind off of it. 

I'm just wondering about what are some things you, as players, do to prevent the tedious feel from coming on. Or to at least delay it.

Depends on the grind. Some grinds don't require much attention so I'll watch something on Netflix.

If the grind requires my attention I'll listen to music. I mostly play with my TV muted anyways but when it becomes boring music is necessary.

When it comes to grinding in general though (or regular gameplay for me nowadays) I do as much as I can in a small amount of time and take a break. Get up and walk around, grab a drink or most times I will read a few pages out of the book I'm on. Usually 20 minute breaks does it for me.

Typically For: 

Consoles - I mute the tv & listen to music. 

Handhelds - Watch tv or listen to music. 

I try to limit the grinding time to a few hours & then switch to story progress (on another game if need be). Also found that I work on those hard trophies late at night which is horrible on the eyes. Try not to do that. 

Typically For: 

Consoles - I mute the tv & listen to music. 

Handhelds - Watch tv or listen to music. 

I try to limit the grinding time to a few hours & then switch to story progress (on another game if need be). Also found that I work on those hard trophies late at night which is horrible on the eyes. Try not to do that. 

I grind quite often at night, but i always leave a light on. That way it isnt harmful for the eyes. (Of course, forcing the eyes to work when you're tired is slightly harmful, but what are you gonna do :) )

I tend to listen to Youtube videos with my headphones, especially Walktroughs or lets plays made by people that I find their way of commentating entertaining and interesting, especially if they are not simply describing whats on screen, Thatguywhocamps was the first that I enjoyed, but know  I tend to just hear TheSeraphim17 or Spanish youtubers, if not I just put some episodes of a series that I enjoy, I'm currently grinding the Alchemy trophie for Ni no Kuni while watching South Park episodes for example.  All that using my laptop  placed alongside me.

I grind quite often at night, but i always leave a light on. That way it isnt harmful for the eyes. (Of course, forcing the eyes to work when you're tired is slightly harmful, but what are you gonna do :) )

Silly as it sounds I actually started wearing my sunshades at night. Especially if I'm playing on a handheld; I'm always like "just one more hour I can finish this!"  :lol:

• Like 1

If the game only requires a few hours of grinding I just try to deal with it right then and there. If it's a longer grind I whip out some music on Pandora (usually my Steel Panther station), while turning the game's sound low enuff that I can still hear the action but the volume of the music makes my mind set to it. Also limiting this grind to a couple of hours and switching it up with another game (I like to play just one game at a time till plat, but sometimes I take some EXTREME measures xD).

Edited by DizzyDavidson
  • Like 1