Dragon Quest XI coming to PS4

Venocide

Dragon Quest 11: In Search of the Departed Time has been officially announced for PS4 and New 3DS.

The news was revealed via a Square Enix stream this morning, though a logo for the game and its title had surfaced yesterday ahead of the official announcement.

Dragon Quest 11 on PS4 will run on Unreal Engine 4. The 3DS version is being worked on by the same core team, but will not be a port. While both games will tell the same story, the presentation will be tailored to suit the technology of the console it's running on.

The game will be directed by Takeshi Uchikawa. Long-serving composer Koichi Sugiyama will return to work on the game's score.

Dragon Quest 11 will be released sometime in 2016, the year which marks the 30th anniversary of the series.

Square also confirmed that Dragon Quest X and XI would be coming to Nintendo's next console, currently codenamed NX, implying it will be at least capable of running Unreal 4.

• Like 3

Why should I care?

I get that there is a lot of excitement, and I'm not trying to be rude when I say that - I'm simply ignorant as I've never played one of the games in this series. I genuinely want to know why everyone on the internet seems to be comparing this to the second coming of [insert your favourite religious figure here]... ;0)

here's to hoping DQX actually hits western shores with the announce that NX will be getting both titles.  Had gotten a Wii U specifically for the game, and while I don't regret the purchase as I've had fun with the console, it really is disappointing to not be able to even play the game I bought said console for.  Looking forward to further information while hoping square doesn't screw us out of some Dragon Quest / Enix goodness.

PS4 and New 3DS...

That is officially the weirdest choice of platforms I have ever seen. o_0

Why? the PS4 and the 3DS are the most best selling console worldwide right now. The Xbox One and the Wii U aren't.

So I say great choice of platforms!

Edited by Finozzi1696