Glitch-tastic: The ones that made you laugh and the ones that made you cry (or want to)!

Chell_Clare

We've all had them - glitches that don't affect the game too much but make you laugh because they're hilarious to watch, and glitches that make you put your head in your hands and pray that you haven't just lost six hours of your life. So, my question is in two parts:

1) What is the funniest glitch you've encountered in a game

2) Which glitch made you want to get on Google and search for someone to blame for the monumental programming failure that just killed your spirit?

Flying facehugger glitch in ACM made me laugh. It would just float through the air aimlessly and couldn't be killed or attach to anyone xD

Flying horse and carriage in Skyrim. Funny but prevented the game from progressing beyond the intro.

Venom has infinite health in Spider-Man 3. Made me angry.

Invincible Nazis on COD 3.

Every glitch in Skate xD

A funny glitch I had was on Resident Evil 5, where on one of the missions where you're on a cliffside (can't remember the mission). I stood in front of the door of a porta-potty where a majini enemy comes out of and as soon as he opened the door, I was teleported to the bottom of the cliff. My friend I was co-oping with was wondering where I went, so I started firing rockets from my RPG to the top of the cliff to show him my position xD

A rather annoying glitch I had was on Watch_Dogs where half way through the game, my skill tree was reset and I couldn't get the trophy for maxing the skill tree because one of the first skills were mission-related (the first or second mission) so I couldn't progress in that portion of skills. And so I either had to restart from the beginning or just do another playthrough when I finished that current playthough, in which I chose the latter :P

Funniest: In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood while attempting to jump from horse to horse in the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, Ezio decided to get stuck in mid air with his arms up, fly across the map, and then start floating up and up. It was funny angling the camera so it looked like the moon or sun go between his arms like he was holding it lol.

Most annoying: I guess it's a tie. In some games I find these stupid spots that lock your character. In ACII I got trapped inside a building because I fell through a roof. In ACIV towards the end of the game I was swimming close to the Jackdaw and he glitched his way into the boat and couldn't get out. In borderlands while jumping around I got stuck in this one tiny crevice and because it was a dead spot on the map my character couldn't move from it. I had to grenade myself to respawn.

I was playing Beyond: Two Souls, at the part where you have to reach the Black Sun with Jodie, Cole & Ryan. Cole was putting on that belt that creates a shield (forgot the name) and Cole glitched out and was completely invisible. All you could see was his belt moving, but he was still talking. The game continued as normal though. It freaked me out for a while. I did take a picture, but I deleted it at some point /:

Funny: Assassin's Creed 2. I had guards rise from the dead after I killed them. They just walked it off like I never even did anything! Killed them like 50 times before I was bored of it.

Not so funny: Fallout NV. I played for an hour and did like 4-5 story missions, and it wouldn't let me save at all. The option was transparent and auto save wasn't working. Therefore, I tried to beat the game, but failed a mission because I went into the wrong area on accident!

Funniest: In Assassin's Creed Brotherhood while attempting to jump from horse to horse in the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, Ezio decided to get stuck in mid air with his arms up, fly across the map, and then start floating up and up. It was funny angling the camera so it looked like the moon or sun go between his arms like he was holding it lol.

Most annoying: I guess it's a tie. In some games I find these stupid spots that lock your character. In ACII I got trapped inside a building because I fell through a roof. In ACIV towards the end of the game I was swimming close to the Jackdaw and he glitched his way into the boat and couldn't get out. In borderlands while jumping around I got stuck in this one tiny crevice and because it was a dead spot on the map my character couldn't move from it. I had to grenade myself to respawn.

I had one in Brotherhood too. In the final memory sequence, a bunch of guys come through a tower door on the battlements and you have to kill them to move on in the story. If you hit this particular glitch, once you've killed them, the same men come through the door again and again and again. It doesn't stop until you reload.

I had one in Brotherhood too. In the final memory sequence, a bunch of guys come through a tower door on the battlements and you have to kill them to move on in the story. If you hit this particular glitch, once you've killed them, the same men come through the door again and again and again. It doesn't stop until you reload.

That bites. My brother and I took turns playing and usually I let him beat the AC games because he likes them. Chances are he played that memory and I watched lol.

It would have been hilarious to see him get pissed over it but really annoying to encounter myself. :P

• Like 1

In Far Cry 3 in the northeast coast of North Rook Island facing Vaas' Hideout, there are two parallel roads. The east road follows the coast at sea level and passes over a bridge in front of a waterfall. The west road parallels the east road, but fords across the source of the waterfall on top of a high cliff then goes down a steep climb until it eventually meets the first road. I attacked a roadblock of two pirate jeeps on the bridge in front of the foot of the waterfall, when a pirate technical with a 50 cal machine gun on the back heard me from the road on top of the waterfall. Instead of driving south to the intersection and coming back around, the pirates drove their technical east over the edge of the waterfall and nosedived into the bridge below in front of me, exploding and killing all of its passengers without me firing a shot.

I'll bet that this guy cried like a baby... I would have!

Some context is required - there is a trophy in Project Cars called A Day In The Life which requires you to play a 24 hour race in realtime. 

This guy had played for about 23hours and 30 minutes when this happened:

Edit: Actually, I've just read that you can have an AI driver do at least part of the race for you, so this guy's experience may not have been quite as frustrating as I implied.

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

I was on Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode on Terminal. Then for no reason at all there was this really loud and horrible noise that scared the crap out of me. I suppose you could call it a glitch or maybe a bug. It makes me laugh thinking about it now but back then almost made me cry. lol