More remasters on PS4

StrickenBiged

I would love a compilation of remastered First Gen PS3 games that never had trophies to now have trophies. Games like Heavenly Sword, Valkyria Chronicles, Civilization:Revolution, Conan, Devil May Cry 4...I would pay more than the standard release price for something like that.

I guess you didn't realize DMC4 Special Edition released in June for PS4/Xbox One? And it's only $24.99.

Didn't see your thread at the time. In any case, this thread was about the comments made by Jim Ryan. I posted the EC video because it had coincidentally come out at around the same time, and was relevant.

I'm OK with remasters so far. However, it would be nice to see some remasters of PS1 and PS2 games rather than late PS3 games. Capcom did a good job this year with RE1 HD Remaster and Nintendo too with the Majora's Mask 3D Remaster. One PS3 game I would love to see remastered is Valkyriaa Chronicles since I haven't had the chance if playing it.

These are less likely to happen. They cost more to upgrade - in many cases you would have to either build or licence a whole new engine in order to remaster them, then you have to upgrade the textures, polygons, animation, audio, etc etc. 7th gen remakes can, by and large, simply have the FPS and resolution turned up a notch.

FF7 remake is going to cost almost as a current-gen AAA title to produce, the only savings will be on writing, game design and initial concept art phases (even then, I expect many of these elements of the game planning stage will be reviewed and possibly tweaked with.)

Here's a page about remasters, so I'll dump this here.

I just found out that the Star Wars PS4 bundle includes "4 classic games" I had 3 of them on PS2 in the day and the other was a Super Nintendo game I believe, not super keen on any of them to be honest, but I heard these are being remastered, not just rereleased, which would be cool.

But really I just wanted an excuse to ask you guys how you thought those games would end up in our hands?

1. They're the first PS2 game to be offered digitally on PS4.

2. They're PSNow codes or something.

3. They're for use on PS3 despite their code coming with a PS4 game.

4. The code is for an entirely different service.

5. Other (answer below)

Here's a page about remasters, so I'll dump this here.

I just found out that the Star Wars PS4 bundle includes "4 classic games" I had 3 of them on PS2 in the day and the other was a Super Nintendo game I believe, not super keen on any of them to be honest, but I heard these are being remastered, not just rereleased, which would be cool.

But really I just wanted an excuse to ask you guys how you thought those games would end up in our hands?

1. They're the first PS2 game to be offered digitally on PS4.

2. They're PSNow codes or something.

3. They're for use on PS3 despite their code coming with a PS4 game.

4. The code is for an entirely different service.

5. Other (answer below)

5. They are voucher codes to redeem at Kmart for the physical, Used, PS2 copies.

If they did a full-fledged proper remaster of Star Wars Bounty Hunter, I might just make-out with the first ajumma I see after pre-ordering.

• Like 1

Didn't see your thread at the time. In any case, this thread was about the comments made by Jim Ryan. I posted the EC video because it had coincidentally come out at around the same time, and was relevant.

These are less likely to happen. They cost more to upgrade - in many cases you would have to either build or licence a whole new engine in order to remaster them, then you have to upgrade the textures, polygons, animation, audio, etc etc. 7th gen remakes can, by and large, simply have the FPS and resolution turned up a notch.

FF7 remake is going to cost almost as a current-gen AAA title to produce, the only savings will be on writing, game design and initial concept art phases (even then, I expect many of these elements of the game planning stage will be reviewed and possibly tweaked with.)

Good point, however, if there is demand for that game it's more likely to happen. For example, take Resident Evil 2, great game and everyone wants a remake of it, and now were finally getting one.