Poll: Mortal Kombat (2011) or Mortal Kombat X...?

JONNY-1992-_-

Mortal Kombat Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Mortal Kombat (2011) or Mortal Kombat X?

• Mortal Kombat (2011)
    • Mortal Kombat X

Personally, i really liked Mortal Kombat (2011), Because of the story and how it kept me more entertained than Mortal Kombat X, But However, i did like Mortal Kombat X combat better than Mortal Kombat (2011),

I Like the first two Mortal Kombat games than Mortal Kombat III.

Edited by Araiz1212
  • Like 1

I'm substantially better at mkx then at mk9 I have a 89% win ratio in 80 games so far. I'm far from above average in most fighters but in mkx I just seemed to have mastered the combat really easily.

But, I still think mk9 is a better game. I don't like the run mechanic in mkx, and I prefer fast dashes like in mk9. Mkx's cast is pretty lame, kung jin, takeda and a few more are just really boring characters story and gameplay. Mk9 had everyone from mortal kombat 3, which was the best imo.

I personally think mk9 is just a better game, despite being much better at mkx. But if your looking to play online just buy mkx, mortal kombat 9 is filled with issues.

I've only played maybe an hour or so of Mortal Kombat X on my PC, so I'm probably not the best judge... but I want to say that I enjoy the look and feel of it better than MK9.  Story-wise, I couldn't tell you which comes out on top... even if I finished it.  I've never followed the story in these games. xD

As for the other question, it's a close race between Mortal Kombat 2 and 3.  I think 2 was more important to the franchise, but 3 was the better game.  I guess I'll say 3, if not only for the shock value of seeing them unmask Sub Zero (my favorite) back in the day.

Edited by PleaseHoldOn

I'm substantially better at mkx then at mk9 I have a 89% win ratio in 80 games so far. I'm far from above average in most fighters but in mkx I just seemed to have mastered the combat really easily.

But, I still think mk9 is a better game. I don't like the run mechanic in mkx, and I prefer fast dashes like in mk9. Mkx's cast is pretty lame, kung jin, takeda and a few more are just really boring characters story and gameplay. Mk9 had everyone from mortal kombat 3, which was the best imo.

I personally think mk9 is just a better game, despite being much better at mkx. But if your looking to play online just buy mkx, mortal kombat 9 is filled with issues.

See, I actually like the run button, maybe that was because I played a lot of UMK3 as a kid though? I know MK X is faster but I also feel it could be cheap when you break out of peoples moves using a R2 Special, if that was also in MK9 I wasn't good at it in that game. MK9 felt more true to the series in the gameplay, a lot of their moves were updated versions from the original games, and MK X Scorpion doesn't even have an air throw! I was amazing at Scorpion in MK9 but this game I can't control him.

Mk X purely because mk9's onlline was shit. I spend a good deal on the online in both mk9 as well as Mk X and Mk x was a lot more enjoyable. Although i do wish that Mk X had Jade available, she was oen of my favourite fighters from Mk9 along with Kung Lao, but oh well... :/

Mk X purely because mk9's onlline was shit. I spend a good deal on the online in both mk9 as well as Mk X and Mk x was a lot more enjoyable. Although i do wish that Mk X had Jade available, she was oen of my favourite fighters from Mk9 along with Kung Lao, but oh well... :/

Yeah, what sucks is that she's like officially dead, confirmed and stuff and Kitanas Mournful variation isn't the same. I just wish they could make it worldwide net play. I couldn't wait to verse a friend in America but we couldn't. If DOA, Soulcalibur and Tekken can do it then why not MK?

Both have their obvious strengths and weaknesses and I love MKX but MK 2011 impressed me more. I think the tag team aspect really contributed to its replay value, devising team synergy with different characters. But then again, MKX's variations also contribute to replay value.

MK (2011) was an incredibly bare bones fighting game. Being NRS's first try at a proper competitive title, this only makes sense. MKX although very flawed is a much better fighting game overall.

As for the second question: I like all 3 but I can't enjoy them as much as I used to, playing them just doesn't feel right anymore.

I've played both recently and MKX definitely gets my vote. MK9 was great when it came out and was a huge improvement. MKX wasn't as big of a leap in terms of quality, but it's the better game overall.

As for the first 3, you have to pick MK3. Especially if it's UMK3. 

Edited by Brawler

MK (2011) was an incredibly bare bones fighting game. Being NRS's first try at a proper competitive title, this only makes sense. MKX although very flawed is a much better fighting game overall.

As for the second question: I like all 3 but I can't enjoy them as much as I used to, playing them just doesn't feel right anymore.

Why aren't you able to enjoy the original 3 as much as you used to? Is it the Graphics or something else?

Why aren't you able to enjoy the original 3 as much as you used to? Is it the Graphics or something else?

The overall feel of the games. They didn't age as well as other fighting games did. The first few Tekken Games, Street Fighter 2 and 3, Marvel Vs Capcom and many other titles are a lot more playable to this day.

Loved the new mechanics and the gameplay in MKX (and of course, the graphics), but I like MK9 better. It has that classik MK feeling, the story was epic, not like MKX. I mean, don't you even DARE to compare the charisma of Shao Kahn as the villain to that clown that Shinnok is. Also, c'mon, he's a fallen elder god and just Cassie ends him with that stupid green glow? And Kotal Kahn is also beaten by some stupid newbie SO easily. Isn't he supposed to be the magnificient new Kahn of the outworld? He should be at least as powerful as his predecessor, and he's not near as powerful as a rookie. And the lack of the main characters in the plot also's a big deal. I know they're dead, but also was Jax. Why didn't Kitana, Kung Lao and Liu Kang came back too?  Also, I liked better the character design and the cast in MK9 (robots and classik ninjas ftw!).

I liked some things about MKX's plot, tough, like Scorpion being human again and his vengeance against Quan-Chi. I liked the idea of the civil war in the outworld too (but it had much more potential to be way cooler... I think it just ends too quickly).

I really like the details, and I loved the new phrases at the beginning of the fight. Yeah, I know it's not important in a fighting game, but it is for me, and I've gotta love NR Studios for that. Tough, I miss stage fatalities and babalities :( And tag-team mode.

So, I really like the gameplay and new mechanichs (three fighting styles for every character, stage interaction, running...) from MKX and the graphics, but IMHO, MK9 is better in every other aspect (scenario and character design, game modes, cast, story...).

Edit: forgot about the krypt. MKX's first-person puzzle adventure is way far better than the krypt in MK9.

Edited by Rober_501