After 2+ years of goofing around, finally planning on platinums...

AJ_Radio

I was in a similar case as yours almost two years ago. I played a lot of games, but I played them and beat them repeatedly. If a trophy popped, cool. Couldn't have cared less. Got hooked into playing non-stop Call of Duty MP 12 hours daily. Eventually I got so bored of it, I stopped playing it. For a few days I didn't play anything, just found other things to do. But then I bought inFAMOUS: Second Son, as I've loved the series from the beginning. Played through it, doing my standard inFAMOUS routine: easy/good run through followed by hard/evil run through. I happened to look at my trophy list, and saw that I was missing maybe 2 trophies. And I thought, "Why not get my first platinum?" So I did. And after that in April 2014 to now, sitting on my 32nd? plat in LEGO Star Wars 3, being finished tomorrow. I've grown to enjoy trophy hunting, even when I get so frustrated I'd want to gouge my eyes out. (I wouldn't recommend doing that). I've become so successful in a year and 4 month's time because I've thought every thing and every game that I've played out. I personally buy a lot of new games, especially my main franchises (CoD, AC), on top of the games I get excited for, whether they are made by the same guys that made an older favorite of mine (Dead Island (Riptide) and Dying Light) or brand new releases like Evolve (the most tedious, grindy platinum I've encountered, but a proud one nonetheless), Sleeping Dogs DE, etc. I hope you get the point. I think of when these games come out, and I think of their timeframes as to how long they'll take. I always like to have the main game I'm working on finished before I start a new release or any game I happen to buy. I've left a few games in the plastic to collect dust on my shelf, but worked hard to be able to open up that plastic. It's rewarding to see all the hard work come to fruition. If I'm playing a game on my PS4, I'm always in a party chat. Whatever that game is (right now, GTA V Heists/MP, hmu anyone if interested to work on stuff), that's considered my main game, whatever I spend the majority of my free day playing. Lately, at night, I found myself unable to do anything in those games, even with my friends there in the party chat. I'd rather do nothing and talk. To curb that, I started playing the smaller indy titles I'd libraried from PS+, and those were my late night games, allowing me to play a relaxing game without too much thought put into the game and able to just chill with my friends before I go to sleep. Whatever you do, just don't force yourself to do something, rather motivate yourself to do something. Evolve went from one of my most favorite games to one of my least favorite games after I began grinding for the Plat. Why? I forced myself onto the game, knowing that it wouldn't get done any faster if I didn't play it. Take a break from a game if that ever happens. I did with Evolve, and got a whole game or two platted before I went back to it and finished it. Anyways, I totally understand what you mean. Add me if you want for any more help or tips. Here's what I am doing/playing at any given moment, as to not overwhelm myself:

1-2 main games (PS3 or PS4): Currently GTA V (when friends are on) oterwise LEGO Star Wars

*I tend to break games down once I'm in the finishing stages of it, like GTA I need other people for, if they're on and playing, that's what I do, if not, LEGO, or whatever else it may be. 

1-2 Indies: Great games to take a break from. PS+ is a great great way to help fill this ever useful area. 

Definitely keep your mind on other things you'd like to do and set time frames for yourself. 

Don't get discouraged if you can't get one certain trophy either. Just let it be for a while and go back to it later. I'm one robbed home run away from the plat in MLB 15: The Show, but you wouldn't believe the misfortune I've had... I'll go back to it sometime soon. Maybe after my Giants decide to take control of the division from the Dodgers (for those sports fan gamers out there). Hope what I've said was in any way helpful or inspiring to a degree. 

I was in a similar case as yours almost two years ago. I played a lot of games, but I played them and beat them repeatedly. If a trophy popped, cool. Couldn't have cared less. Got hooked into playing non-stop Call of Duty MP 12 hours daily. Eventually I got so bored of it, I stopped playing it. For a few days I didn't play anything, just found other things to do. But then I bought inFAMOUS: Second Son, as I've loved the series from the beginning. Played through it, doing my standard inFAMOUS routine: easy/good run through followed by hard/evil run through. I happened to look at my trophy list, and saw that I was missing maybe 2 trophies. And I thought, "Why not get my first platinum?" So I did. And after that in April 2014 to now, sitting on my 32nd? plat in LEGO Star Wars 3, being finished tomorrow. I've grown to enjoy trophy hunting, even when I get so frustrated I'd want to gouge my eyes out. (I wouldn't recommend doing that). I've become so successful in a year and 4 month's time because I've thought every thing and every game that I've played out. I personally buy a lot of new games, especially my main franchises (CoD, AC), on top of the games I get excited for, whether they are made by the same guys that made an older favorite of mine (Dead Island (Riptide) and Dying Light) or brand new releases like Evolve (the most tedious, grindy platinum I've encountered, but a proud one nonetheless), Sleeping Dogs DE, etc. I hope you get the point. I think of when these games come out, and I think of their timeframes as to how long they'll take. I always like to have the main game I'm working on finished before I start a new release or any game I happen to buy. I've left a few games in the plastic to collect dust on my shelf, but worked hard to be able to open up that plastic. It's rewarding to see all the hard work come to fruition. If I'm playing a game on my PS4, I'm always in a party chat. Whatever that game is (right now, GTA V Heists/MP, hmu anyone if interested to work on stuff), that's considered my main game, whatever I spend the majority of my free day playing. Lately, at night, I found myself unable to do anything in those games, even with my friends there in the party chat. I'd rather do nothing and talk. To curb that, I started playing the smaller indy titles I'd libraried from PS+, and those were my late night games, allowing me to play a relaxing game without too much thought put into the game and able to just chill with my friends before I go to sleep. Whatever you do, just don't force yourself to do something, rather motivate yourself to do something. Evolve went from one of my most favorite games to one of my least favorite games after I began grinding for the Plat. Why? I forced myself onto the game, knowing that it wouldn't get done any faster if I didn't play it. Take a break from a game if that ever happens. I did with Evolve, and got a whole game or two platted before I went back to it and finished it. Anyways, I totally understand what you mean. Add me if you want for any more help or tips. Here's what I am doing/playing at any given moment, as to not overwhelm myself:

1-2 main games (PS3 or PS4): Currently GTA V (when friends are on) oterwise LEGO Star Wars

*I tend to break games down once I'm in the finishing stages of it, like GTA I need other people for, if they're on and playing, that's what I do, if not, LEGO, or whatever else it may be. 

1-2 Indies: Great games to take a break from. PS+ is a great great way to help fill this ever useful area. 

Definitely keep your mind on other things you'd like to do and set time frames for yourself. 

Don't get discouraged if you can't get one certain trophy either. Just let it be for a while and go back to it later. I'm one robbed home run away from the plat in MLB 15: The Show, but you wouldn't believe the misfortune I've had... I'll go back to it sometime soon. Maybe after my Giants decide to take control of the division from the Dodgers (for those sports fan gamers out there). Hope what I've said was in any way helpful or inspiring to a degree. 

Well you definitely have a lot of games I own, or a number of games I will be getting.

Sleeping Dogs for one. Never finished it but you have the Definitive Edition, which I might get. Is it worth the money to get all the DLC, and are there noticable changes as opposed to the PS3 version?

Assassins Creed III I will be looking into, but it's one of those heavily flawed games. Worth playing?

Just bought AC: Black Flag on Amazon. Heard it's mostly exploring on your ship. True?

Unity worth getting? With all the patches am I expected to download at least 12-13 GBs worth of patches? Seems like an awful lot for a game that was broken at launch.

Ahh you have GTA V for the PS4. I'm really, really struggling on how people obtain gold for all missions, since some of them are so ridiculous or difficult it's almost not worth it.

The Last of Us: Remastered will be coming either tomorrow or Tuesday. Everyone has said there is a noticable difference between this and the PS3 version. True?

Thanks for the advice man. Really helps me out.

Well you definitely have a lot of games I own, or a number of games I will be getting.

Sleeping Dogs for one. Never finished it but you have the Definitive Edition, which I might get. Is it worth the money to get all the DLC, and are there noticable changes as opposed to the PS3 version?

Assassins Creed III I will be looking into, but it's one of those heavily flawed games. Worth playing?

Just bought AC: Black Flag on Amazon. Heard it's mostly exploring on your ship. True?

Unity worth getting? With all the patches am I expected to download at least 12-13 GBs worth of patches? Seems like an awful lot for a game that was broken at launch.

Ahh you have GTA V for the PS4. I'm really, really struggling on how people obtain gold for all missions, since some of them are so ridiculous or difficult it's almost not worth it.

The Last of Us: Remastered will be coming either tomorrow or Tuesday. Everyone has said there is a noticable difference between this and the PS3 version. True?

Thanks for the advice man. Really helps me out.

Sleeping Dogs is a great game, enjoyed every bit of it. Collectibles weren't too tedious, since they were on the map. Game looks and runs stunningly beautiful. How much better than PS3 though... couldn't tell you.

Personally, AC III is one of my favorites. I never understood why people hated it so much. Bias beware though, I love the series wholeheartedly. But if the game was bad in my opinion, I'd say so. But I can't for AC III.

Black Flag is a stunning game and the story and yes, post game especially is heavily depended upon your ship. I found myself singing along with the shanties they were so good. And yes, lots of 10000m journeys via ship. 

Unity had a lot of patches, yes. But the story is really good IMO, and Arno is a very interesting character, the most interesting since Altair and Ezio. On top of that, it's the easiest plat AC has ever seen (along with Rogue, another great game. Definitely worth getting.) 

GTA... It took me... 2-3 weeks to beat the story and get all the single player trophies. The gold medals on 70 missions was definitely the most time consuming, moreso than the collectibles that'll have you hopping from plane to car to bike in search of letters, bridges, and skyscrapers. I only need level 100 and heist stuff. Certainly will take me a while to do that. Unless I get a solid group together that we plug a week straight at heists. Great game though. I could tell you the missions I did for gold medals though, since I looked for ones that were really easy. 

The Last of Us... Oh my. Nothing but praise and more praise. Didn't own it on PS3, but was at a friend's house and watched him play some random chapter... the one with giraffes. It's a great game hands down. Story is... well... remarkable. Words can't describe. If you haven't played it before, you'll shed tears if you have a heart in the first 30 minutes of playing. MP was very fun, except getting one-shotted by a bow while wearing armor (still don't know how that's even possible and how it happens so often) MP trophies took me about 10 days. First 7 days for a whole 12 week runthrough of the camp and making sure as many people survived as possible. Last 3 days were just going into matches and leaving until I had to play 2-3 games to get a healthy camp again. Certainly sped it up. Have fun if you go for grounded mode.  xD  xD  xD

No problem! Anytime. Gamertag: Im2Fast_4U as you already knew. Hmu anytime online if you need anything. 

Personally, AC III is one of my favorites. I never understood why people hated it so much. Bias beware though, I love the series wholeheartedly. But if the game was bad in my opinion, I'd say so. But I can't for AC III.

Black Flag is a stunning game and the story and yes, post game especially is heavily depended upon your ship. I found myself singing along with the shanties they were so good. And yes, lots of 10000m journeys via ship. 

Unity had a lot of patches, yes. But the story is really good IMO, and Arno is a very interesting character, the most interesting since Altair and Ezio. On top of that, it's the easiest plat AC has ever seen (along with Rogue, another great game. Definitely worth getting.) 

I am so glad that there is someone who thinks similar to me :D  

I enjoyed ACIII much more than I thought I would, especially after hearing a lot of negative things about it.  I thought Connor was a pretty decent protagonist and if Ubi had him in another AC game then I'd definitely buy it.  My only real gripe is that I thought some of the DLC was gimmicky.

I've not yet had chance to play the single player of Black Flag but will be doing that in the not too distant future, along with Rogue.

I agree with you about Unity too, currently playing through and really enjoying it.  Ezio will always be my favorite in the series but Arno is a really good character....I just wish we could see more character development (also he's not quite as charismatic as Ezio) ^_^

I am so glad that there is someone who thinks similar to me :D

I enjoyed ACIII much more than I thought I would, especially after hearing a lot of negative things about it.  I thought Connor was a pretty decent protagonist and if Ubi had him in another AC game then I'd definitely buy it.  My only real gripe is that I thought some of the DLC was gimmicky.

I've not yet had chance to play the single player of Black Flag but will be doing that in the not too distant future, along with Rogue.

I agree with you about Unity too, currently playing through and really enjoying it.  Ezio will always be my favorite in the series but Arno is a really good character....I just wish we could see more character development (also he's not quite as charismatic as Ezio) ^_^

Connor was a really great character. He was interesting in the sense that we knew just as much about him as he did himself. The story was interesting the way the war, his quest for knowledge and ultimately revenge on his father, and especially the settlement all intertwined together. 

Black Flag is great. As is Rogue. Rogue by far is an excellent story IMO, one of the best individual stories the franchise has ever seen. 

Glad you're playing Unity first!!! When you play Rogue, you'll have a really nice "AHA!" moment when the two games intertwine a little bit, and you won't see it coming until the very moment before it happens. His charisma is less in the Assassin's and more into Elise... in more ways than one... if you catch my drift. Character-wise I really liked him, being that he wasn't royalty or a high-ranked member of society. He was no more than a servant, yet he was this magnificent noble and saving patron to the city. 

Sleeping Dogs is a great game, enjoyed every bit of it. Collectibles weren't too tedious, since they were on the map. Game looks and runs stunningly beautiful. How much better than PS3 though... couldn't tell you.

GTA... It took me... 2-3 weeks to beat the story and get all the single player trophies. The gold medals on 70 missions was definitely the most time consuming, moreso than the collectibles that'll have you hopping from plane to car to bike in search of letters, bridges, and skyscrapers. I only need level 100 and heist stuff. Certainly will take me a while to do that. Unless I get a solid group together that we plug a week straight at heists. Great game though. I could tell you the missions I did for gold medals though, since I looked for ones that were really easy. 

The Last of Us... Oh my. Nothing but praise and more praise. Didn't own it on PS3, but was at a friend's house and watched him play some random chapter... the one with giraffes. It's a great game hands down. Story is... well... remarkable. Words can't describe. If you haven't played it before, you'll shed tears if you have a heart in the first 30 minutes of playing. MP was very fun, except getting one-shotted by a bow while wearing armor (still don't know how that's even possible and how it happens so often) MP trophies took me about 10 days. First 7 days for a whole 12 week runthrough of the camp and making sure as many people survived as possible. Last 3 days were just going into matches and leaving until I had to play 2-3 games to get a healthy camp again. Certainly sped it up. Have fun if you go for grounded mode.  xD  xD  xD

No problem! Anytime. Gamertag: Im2Fast_4U as you already knew. Hmu anytime online if you need anything. 

Send a Friend Request. Thankfully you only need to do it once.

Just decided to buy Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition anyway. Why the hell not. I thought you couldn't find the Health Shrines on the map. Guess I'm wrong. So did I miss something somewhere?

Well AC III doesn't look bad, I guess Ubisoft made some changes to the game since I didn't get it until two years after it was released.

Everybody raves about the ships in Black Flag. Guess I'll have to see what's so good about them when I get the game via mail carrier.

The problem here, and the reason why I strictly play single player games (save for one MMORPG) is I have bad internet. Not terrible as in satellite (which is only to be used as a last resort) but as you may guess, it's DSL. Only option here, if cable or fiber were an option I'd drop DSL in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it until I move out. Planning to move into an apartment next year that offers Xfinity (Comcast) blast service. I've dealt with Comcast before so I know their tricks to get people to pay more. But in this day and age I need broadband, most people do.

In the regards to the paragraph above, if Unity is going to need 12-15 GBs of patches to get it working, that will take me the better part of the day, since both DSL and cable internet depend on how much traffic is going through a server. The more people, the more congestion, and the slower your internet connection will be. If I want the DLC then that's another 5-7 GBs of data, so yeah. Regardless I'll get the game sooner or later. It sounds like you don't really need to play past games in the Assassins Creed series to really know Unity, unlike Revelations which automatically assumed the player played the previous games in the series. If it's an easy platinum then hey I might as well go for it. 

Yep. GTA V is definitely time consuming. I've spent over ten hours playing Story Mode since I got GTA V for PS4 last Wednesday and I've only completed 21 out of 70 missions. Haven't done much of anything else. Trevor as many can probably say is a love or hate kind of character. Only done five or six Strangers & Freak missions, I know there's over 40 of them so that's even more time I need to spend. The only ones that really matter are Franklins, since Franklin is basically the beginning character (Prologue doesn't count) and ending character in the game. But if you want some of the other trophies, like the 'Rampage' trophy then you need those other characters, even though the Rampages don't count towards 100 percent completion.

Even though I own The Last of Us for PS3, I decided to buy the Remastered version for the PS4 since a game this good deserves higher textures. While I haven't beaten this game yet, I'm honestly surprised I didn't unlock a single trophy even after I met Ellie. So is this very much like GTA V where I have to spend a lot of time on it before I start getting trophies?

Sad to say that I'm already a good chunk into filling up the entire 500 GB harddrive. Assuming that I buy a 1 TB harddrive, with PS4 version 2.50 do I only need to download the system update? Can I safely back up all my games, DLC and patches?

I would absolutely hate it if I was someone who had 15-20 PS4 games from PSN and I had to download every single one of them again because I replaced a harddrive with a bigger one. A lot of people have DLC and patches on these games as well so that's even more of a hassle.

AC2 plat is very easy and incredibly fun. Brotherhood is a pain in the ass cause of one or two MP trophies. Took me hours and hours to get them all, not fun (but SP was great). I think Revelations was the first game with MP where you could boost solo. If I'm mistaken and that s AC3, then Revelations is still an easier MP process than Brotherhood.

GOW3 is pretty straight forward too. Use a guide and you shouldn't have too many problems. It was a little harder than previous installments, but really not bad, not compared to actual hard games.

I would highly recommend all the Uncharted games. The MP is so simple, something like 'Play 2 online matches', and the SP in all those games is great, you really should play those, unless you just really hated them the first time around. Most trophies come with your 2 playthroughs as they are cumulative.

LA Noire was easy with a guide, but boring as shit for me for the first half of the game. Once the story got going, it was only slightly boring doing all the casework. I was going to just play the game and then go back to 5-star, but I knew I couldn't stand that, so I used a guide and did each case right the first time. Thank god I did...

Sleeping Dogs, so good! It reminded me of old school GTA but with a fresh face. Platinuming this game was a privilege, and not very hard. There's a few tricks to make things easier too. Like going to the docks to bet. You can win like $100k each bet, then save, and play again. If you lose, just reload the last save. Takes a few tries sometimes, but way faster than earning money organically.

Last of Us is one of my fav games ever. While the Plat is a pain in the ass, I recommend playing on Easy, collecting everything you can. Then when you do NG+, there's a trick to jump to Survivor difficulty. Use that so you only need 2 playthroughs. If you collected everything you could on the first playthrough you can crit path survivor fairly quickly. Also, I hate most MP experiences, but I really enjoyed the MP in this. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but if you're struggling or just have a bad match, you can exit to the XMB before it saves the match stats. Kinda lame move, and totally not necessary, but it's a thing you can do if you have one terrible match and don't want to lose half your survivors.

GTA V was decent, but the MP is super grindy. It'll take you over 100 hours for that alone, unless you boost or play consistently with friends.

Have only played Arkham Asylum, but it was a great game. The challenges are a pain in the ass, even once you master the freeflow combos, and this alone might keep you from the plat, so be aware of that.

Oh yeah, don't go off of Completion percentage or Plat percentage to determine how easy or hard a game is. GTA V is easy to platinum, but it takes 100-150+ hours, so the percentage is 2%. While Red Dead, much much harder to plat, is almost at 5%. A lot of the time, plat percentages are due to the hassle, not the difficulty. Thief, for instance, was a very easy plat with only 1 grindy trophy, yet its an Ultra rare plat too. I always recommend going off the trophy guide rating, as more often than not this is a far more accurate way to determine plat difficulty.

With all that said, good luck in all your endeavors to plat these games :)

This is off topic but it's funny how we have the same amount of plat and you have more trophies than me, but yet I am 1 level ahead Lol

Edited by king1max

Send a Friend Request. Thankfully you only need to do it once.

Just decided to buy Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition anyway. Why the hell not. I thought you couldn't find the Health Shrines on the map. Guess I'm wrong. So did I miss something somewhere?

Well AC III doesn't look bad, I guess Ubisoft made some changes to the game since I didn't get it until two years after it was released.

Everybody raves about the ships in Black Flag. Guess I'll have to see what's so good about them when I get the game via mail carrier.

The problem here, and the reason why I strictly play single player games (save for one MMORPG) is I have bad internet. Not terrible as in satellite (which is only to be used as a last resort) but as you may guess, it's DSL. Only option here, if cable or fiber were an option I'd drop DSL in a heartbeat. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it until I move out. Planning to move into an apartment next year that offers Xfinity (Comcast) blast service. I've dealt with Comcast before so I know their tricks to get people to pay more. But in this day and age I need broadband, most people do.

In the regards to the paragraph above, if Unity is going to need 12-15 GBs of patches to get it working, that will take me the better part of the day, since both DSL and cable internet depend on how much traffic is going through a server. The more people, the more congestion, and the slower your internet connection will be. If I want the DLC then that's another 5-7 GBs of data, so yeah. Regardless I'll get the game sooner or later. It sounds like you don't really need to play past games in the Assassins Creed series to really know Unity, unlike Revelations which automatically assumed the player played the previous games in the series. If it's an easy platinum then hey I might as well go for it. 

Yep. GTA V is definitely time consuming. I've spent over ten hours playing Story Mode since I got GTA V for PS4 last Wednesday and I've only completed 21 out of 70 missions. Haven't done much of anything else. Trevor as many can probably say is a love or hate kind of character. Only done five or six Strangers & Freak missions, I know there's over 40 of them so that's even more time I need to spend. The only ones that really matter are Franklins, since Franklin is basically the beginning character (Prologue doesn't count) and ending character in the game. But if you want some of the other trophies, like the 'Rampage' trophy then you need those other characters, even though the Rampages don't count towards 100 percent completion.

Even though I own The Last of Us for PS3, I decided to buy the Remastered version for the PS4 since a game this good deserves higher textures. While I haven't beaten this game yet, I'm honestly surprised I didn't unlock a single trophy even after I met Ellie. So is this very much like GTA V where I have to spend a lot of time on it before I start getting trophies?

Sad to say that I'm already a good chunk into filling up the entire 500 GB harddrive. Assuming that I buy a 1 TB harddrive, with PS4 version 2.50 do I only need to download the system update? Can I safely back up all my games, DLC and patches?

I would absolutely hate it if I was someone who had 15-20 PS4 games from PSN and I had to download every single one of them again because I replaced a harddrive with a bigger one. A lot of people have DLC and patches on these games as well so that's even more of a hassle.

I found a 2TB for my PS4 for $100. I just play too many games.

What's your gamertag so I can add you?

This is off topic but it's funny how we have the same amount of plat and you have more trophies than me, but yet I am 1 level ahead Lol

Yeah, PSN level is based solely off of trophy point values.  I plat all my games before moving on, based on your trophy card, you plat maybe 3/4?  So I can see that you've played more games overall, and have 65 more gold trophies (65x90) and over 300 more silver (300x30), so while I have 500 more bronze (500x15), your silvers alone make up that difference, and your golds add about 5000 more points.  That's a pretty big difference.

But I am pretty impressed that without plat'ing all your games you have so many more silver and gold.  Do you purposely target harder trophies?  Usually there's an even distribution of about 40/7/3/1 (bronze/silver/gold/plat, and this obviously fluctuates) per game, so you see a similar ratio at best amongst trophy hunters.  Maybe its my card that's off as I've just played too many easy PSN games recently :P

Edited by Matto_lsi
  • Like 1

Yeah, PSN level is based solely off of trophy point values.  I plat all my games before moving on, based on your trophy card, you plat maybe 3/4?  So I can see that you've played more games overall, and have 65 more gold trophies (65x90) and over 300 more silver (300x30), so while I have 500 more bronze (500x15), your silvers alone make up that difference, and your golds add about 5000 more points.  That's a pretty big difference.

But I am pretty impressed that without plat'ing all your games you have so many more silver and gold.  Do you purposely target harder trophies?  Usually there's an even distribution of about 40/7/3/1 (bronze/silver/gold/plat, and this obviously fluctuates) per game, so you see a similar ratio at best amongst trophy hunters.  Maybe its my card that's off as I've just played too many easy PSN games recently :P

I usually try to beat my games before moving on, but lately I've been wanting to build a collection for the PS4, which explains why a lot of my games haven't really been touched upon lately. 

Normally for most games, silver and gold are more difficult to obtain than bronze, but that's not always true. LA Noire has four easy dlc gold trophies and all I needed to do was simply beat those cases.

God of War III, Sleeping Dogs, and LA Noire.

I actually completed the multiplayer trophies on AC:Revelations and ACIII in anticipation of plat'ing them years ago. Still can't force myself to play them through :(

Edited by Bullstomp

Ian, what's your gamertag? I'll add you, but I can't add you if I don't know it.  xD  xD

AJ_Radio. Wanted to pick a name that didn't involve a bunch of numbers at the end so I picked two fake initials and the word "radio" as a communications medium and combined them. All the names I wanted were already taken.

God of War III, Sleeping Dogs, and LA Noire.

I actually completed the multiplayer trophies on AC:Revelations and ACIII in anticipation of plat'ing them years ago. Still can't force myself to play them through :(

Planning to plat God of War III soon. LA Noire will take some time because I have to replay most of the missions for the '5 Star' trophy, along with 'Car Fanatic' trophy, the film reels and using every gun in the game to kill at least one enemy. The Street Crime trophies are going to be done first.

I bought Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition since Square Enix forces you to pay a bunch of money for all the DLC content on PSN, which is a complete ripoff. Plus I'll have better textures and the DLC for a good deal, considering the Definitive Edition is simply an upgrade from the original. Not exactly a remake to me. From what I've heard from other players, either version of Sleeping Dogs is actually fairly okay to plat in terms of difficulty.

Yeah it's pretty tough to find other players for the older Assassin Creed games. Unless you're playing Unity or Black Flag you may be waiting quite a while.

Edited by Ian Lee

Yeah it's pretty tough to find other players for the older Assassin Creed games. Unless you're playing Unity or Black Flag you may be waiting quite a while.

Brotherhood was the only one I couldn't get on my own, and I used boosting partners.  There's some pretty good guides out there specifically for the hard MP trophies in this game, but no matter which you're going for, the Boosting Sessions here on this site can help get it done fairly painlessly.  But other than Brotherhood, the MP is fairly simple, and for most ACs with MP, you can do it solo (can't remember the mode, its Wolfpack or something like that, I think).

Listen to this guy, people who don't do this constantly burnout and spend most of their time bitching about trophies. Go for trophies while enjoying games and you'll be far better off. At times like this I feel the need to point out my sig to increase my credibility.

One thing that helps is: don't set limits or requirements for yourself, that's how people get burned out. Instead set goals for motivation. You never want to get to the point where you feel like you "have" to play a certain game.

I aim for completing 1-2 games before starting a new one. Used to be 2-3 but I don't have that many games on my profile that I actually want to go back and finish. Every now and then I'll go nuts and start like 3 or 4 games in a row though. And if a game isn't fun it isn't fun, I might go back and try again later but I won't force myself to finish something just to have it done.

Also if you really do want to finish something but are getting frustrated, then break it up into smaller pieces. Do an hour or so a night. Even if you don't finish a single challenge or earn a trophy you're still getting better at the game.

Also sleeping dogs is awesome game, even after I got the plat I was wanting more.

Feel free to ask me for game recommendations, looks like you've got decent game taste. If you want mroe motivation to get plats feel free to check out my we play threads we're doing Bioshock infinite now and a few others FAQ with all links here

Edited by Superbuu3

If anyone bothers to look at my profile, you can see that it is, well, very lackluster. Not lackluster as in the games I own (I have a couple that don't have trophies) but I barely play them or I just forget about a game once I've beaten it.

While I could write an essay on why I've spent the last two years dinking around, I'll refrain from doing so.

I have a small library of games for both the PS3 and PS4, and I'm asking you guys, what games, based on the ones listed, I should try to get platinums. Red Dead Redemption was one of the first games I wanted to do platinum, but the experience with hackers in online have prevented me from obtaining such trophies. A real shame that so much content from the GOTY version is ignored, and never gave much attention to anyone besides filler.

Assassins Creed II will be the first game I will try to platinum. There are two bronze trophies I can get right off the bat (Statues and paying 4000+ florins to Courtesons), and I can watch a video to obtain the rest of the feathers, since I've collected at least half of all feathers in the game (collecting all feathers will present Ezio with a cape that will gain me another trophy if I wear it in all towns). The biggest struggles for me are killing 10 guards without getting hit and the 'sweeper' trophy. The key is to obtain both while uninterrupted, and I struggle with this because Ezio always seems to do something else just when I want him to counter the enemy attacks. Any tips would be appreciated.

God of War III should be fairly easy, along with all other God of War games attached to my profile. Challenge of the Gods will present a bit of an issue for the first three God of War games, and there is a certain gold trophy that I couldn't get because I was playing through the game the first time (where you rescue Pandora and navigate past deadly traps and fight swarms of enemies). One Gold trophy in the first God of War game involves beating it in under five hours, so playing it on Easy difficulty should suffice. I've missed several chests and other goodies but that is to be expected for someone playing through the first time. At least I know what to expect. Seems that Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta contain the easiest platinums, with over 40 percent of all owners having them.

Other games, like Grand Theft Auto V, the rest of the Assassin Creed games, Sleeping Dogs and the Uncharted series I may not platinum at all. Trophies in GTA V Online may seem okay, but the 'Under the Bridge' challenges and gaining Gold on every Story Mission and every Stranger & Freaks mission with Franklin are literally a pain. Certain missions involving shooting accuracy and finishing them in a set period of time are difficult, and believe me I've replayed a lot of them, I don't consider myself too bad of a player.

Assassin Creed: Brotherhood trophies were mostly okay, but the addition of online trophies for this has prevented many from going platinum. I also found it painful to 'replay' several memories in select sequences for 100 percent synch (like the first Romulus Den), very much like getting gold from missions in GTA V albeit less difficult. I went out of my way and collected feathers and Borgia flags, but only because I was able to find them all without looking them up on an online video.

Revelations is more of the same thing, and the trophies for it are a bit more ridiculous. Assassins Creed III I've barely touched, but regarding the criticism from many people I don't know if I should play it. Black Flag on the other hand sounds like a lot of fun, and I plan on playing it in the future. I don't have Unity but all the bug issues I've heard from many questions my decision to buy it.

LA Noire involves replaying cases with Cole Phelps to get a '5 Star' rating, running around finishing all the Street Crimes, and doing the odd task such as gaining $40,000 in penalties, find all vehicles in game, discovering all landmarks and finding all film reels. Again, more of the same rinse and wash fare found in many open world games. Really don't know if I should plat this game, considering it's slow nature and 1940s noir style, which most of today's gamers aren't interested in.

Sleeping Dogs? Open world, and plenty of collectibles just like the last three games I've listed. But I enjoyed the martial arts approach and 'Bruce Lee' influence. Clint Eastwood is to Red Dead Redemption what Bruce Lee is to Sleeping Dogs. Might consider the Definitive Edition as it contains all the DLC. DLC is a huge waste of money buying it all from the Playstation Store as it's not worth the value on it's own. May need some help on this game since some of the trophies seem rather difficult.

Demon Souls and Dark Souls? Hardly a chance. Great games in their own right to this day, just damn difficult what with the bosses killing you 20 times and even the normal enemies kickng your butt because you pressed the wrong button.

Having recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum I have to say that it is the best Batman I've played thus far. I've just gone through the opening stages of Arkham City and it's pretty damn good. I already have Arkham Knight for the PS4 (including the update patches) so that will be ready as soon as I finish Arkham City. But Jesus F***ing Christ are those challenges (Arkham Asylum) a pain in the ***. Asylum was a bit too easy on Normal difficulty but the fight challenges (not the predator challenges) are just mind numbingly painful. It's hard enough for me to pull a 40x combo since I've only gotten to 35x combo (and that's really trying to time the attacks right on the goons) but it's even more frustating to consider I have to pull a perfect combo while trying to avoid two Titans. As soon as the stun rod guys come into play I'm basically hopeless. I finally flew myself onto my bed in frustration, because those challenges are so god awful sometimes I just wish I never played them (doesn't help that Mark Hamill aka the Joker is the announcer). Without those melee challenges, I'm probably looking at an easy platinum. I have about ten trophies left before the platinum including the 'Perfect Knight' trophy. What do you guys think on this one?

No idea how the Riddler challenges are going to be in Arkham City, and I haven't touched Arkham Knight (although that's PS4 and I'm talking about getting PS3 platinums).

Haven't beaten The Last of Us, but it has far and away the best graphics for the PS3, period. Looking at the trophies, and considering that it requires multiple playthoughs, I may pass on this one only because people tend to work on this one for a while.

This leaves me with only the Uncharted series. Uncharted 1? Awesome introduction to the start of a great series, but requires multiple playthoughs to gain the platinum. Somehow managed to miss the 'Survivor' trophy, and I basically ignored anything involving melee combat. Uncharted 2? My favorite in the series. Big changes to the graphics, three new characters each with their own appeal, new weapons and attack helicopters. Again, multiple playthoughs and the addition of online trophies. Uncharted 3? A little less exciting than Uncharted 2. Multiple playthroughs and my god are there a lot of trophies. Considering The Nathan Drake Collection hasn't been released on the PS4 yet I wonder if there's anybody out there still playing online on Uncharted 3. Very, very unlikely I'll platinum this game.

So there you have it. I haven't set a time of when I'm going to start ACII or God of War III, but it feels a little embarrassing to not have a single platinum trophy whereas others have hundreds of them. Post your thoughts and opinions.

Whoa - that's a long post.

Anyway, I can't comment on Uncharted 3 online, but there are a lot of people playing Uncharted 2 online these days. I was genuinely surprised at how easy it was to find a co-op match, years after release.

The biggest obstacle I see getting in your way is multiple playthroughs. Yes, they suck sometimes, and going through three on Mass Effect had me slightly annoyed at a game I love, but this is where you'll either get the plat or not. Too many games either have a hard mode you need to finish up (with or without a playthrough first), a new game+, different karma paths, branching decisions...it's not unusual to see game guides that suggest more than one playthrough. I think you should see that even for games that are relatively easy to plat, like Uncharted, you will need to play the game twice, or three times. Best way to get by this is to play something else in-between playthroughs so it doesn't get stale.

Also, don't be afraid to go for the harder difficulty when a trophy is involved. Even if it's hard at first, you gain the skill required to play on this difficulty and then the entire game gets easier. That's how Arkham Asylum challenges were easier for me: played hard mode first. Look out for trophies like that, bite the bullet and go for the harder difficulty first, and see how well you do. I consider myself an average gamer and I almost always use "hard mode," even if there's no trophy for it.

In regards to God of War: the first game's speed run is ridiculously easy when you're playing a new game+, have the cow (more magic) costume, play on easy, and spam Poseidon's Rage the entire way. Easy to get a sub four hour run with that. The biggest problem will be the infamous Challenge of the Gods. It's still annoying the third time around.

Other than that maybe make a goal for six months from now, or even by the end of the year, and see how far you get with it. Pick a game you really like and if you get frustrated take a walk or drink a beer. Many of the games you have yet to plat won't take more than a few hours of play, I'm sure of it.

Oh, and dont' forget the Plus games if you have it. Super Exploding Zoo has a plat and can, apparently, be done in a few hours. Not bad, eh?

Just got the first platinum. Assassins Creed II.

As most people know, feathers was annoying and I had to look up a guide since there's no other way to find them otherwise. I think Ubisoft figured out that people hated getting feathers on their own so they put in the ability to buy a map in Brotherhood showing all the Borgia Flags and Feathers at a particular district, hell they even have their own icons on the map. Much, much more accessible than running around for two hours looking for all the feathers the good old fashioned way. Venice was just painful.

Other than that, the only other trophy that was a little frustrating was the Sweeper. Killing 10 guards is actually easy so long as you have at least three Smoke Bombs. For some reason Ezio likes to kill guards with the spear when they're stunned rather than sweep them, which was annoying. But anyway, finally got AC2 platinum, the next one will either be LA Noire or the God of War games. I'm thinking the latter.

• Like 2

Just got the first platinum. Assassins Creed II.

As most people know, feathers was annoying and I had to look up a guide since there's no other way to find them otherwise. I think Ubisoft figured out that people hated getting feathers on their own so they put in the ability to buy a map in Brotherhood showing all the Borgia Flags and Feathers at a particular district, hell they even have their own icons on the map. Much, much more accessible than running around for two hours looking for all the feathers the good old fashioned way. Venice was just painful.

Other than that, the only other trophy that was a little frustrating was the Sweeper. Killing 10 guards is actually easy so long as you have at least three Smoke Bombs. For some reason Ezio likes to kill guards with the spear when they're stunned rather than sweep them, which was annoying. But anyway, finally got AC2 platinum, the next one will either be LA Noire or the God of War games. I'm thinking the latter.

Hey what was this game like to play? I have never really played Assassins Creed games but this is on my backlog list. Is it a long game?

Brotherhood was the only one I couldn't get on my own, and I used boosting partners.  There's some pretty good guides out there specifically for the hard MP trophies in this game, but no matter which you're going for, the Boosting Sessions here on this site can help get it done fairly painlessly.  But other than Brotherhood, the MP is fairly simple, and for most ACs with MP, you can do it solo (can't remember the mode, its Wolfpack or something like that, I think).

I suppose I could, but considering how games like GTA V require a huge grind to plat, I might pass on Brotherhood. I don't know really.

The rest of the AC games that came later look like they're not too difficult to plat. Don't know if I want to finish Revelations and start going after AC3, or do Black Flag and Unity on my PS4.

Listen to this guy, people who don't do this constantly burnout and spend most of their time bitching about trophies. Go for trophies while enjoying games and you'll be far better off. At times like this I feel the need to point out my sig to increase my credibility.

Also sleeping dogs is awesome game, even after I got the plat I was wanting more.

Feel free to ask me for game recommendations, looks like you've got decent game taste. If you want mroe motivation to get plats feel free to check out my we play threads we're doing Bioshock infinite now and a few others FAQ with all links here

On my first playthroughs I enjoy the games as they are meant to be played, for fun. If I enjoy the game and wouldn't mind playing through it again, I try to nab some/all of the trophies.

I agree with Sleeping Dogs. Vastly underrated game.

Right now I think I'm okay, I'm new to platinums in general. A game like Dark Souls however, I may need all the help I can get. People have said you can plat solo, but it's also one of the more difficult games and it helps a lot to have friends.

Uncharted 2 and 3 won't be a problem with regards to getting your online trophies, as there are only 2 required for platinum in each game.  Get those out of the way as soon as youo can, and then you can tackle the stories at your leisure.

Sleeping Dogs was an easy platinum, and was great fun to boot.  I got it free via PS+, but enjoyed it so much that I subsequently bought most of the DLC for it, and might even get the Definitive Edition when I eventually upgrade to PS4.

AC Brotherhood has some pretty difficult MP trophies and requires you to reach Level 50, but Revelations tones it down considerably and only asks you to reach level 20, which doesn't take long.

As for GTA V, you don't need a gold medal on every single mission, just 70 of them.  Most of the Strangers and Freaks missions are easy to get gold, and there are plenty of easy story missions as well.  The tough part will be putting in enough hours to reach Level 100.

The Arkham games - well I'll never plat those myself, since I have a hard time with the combat challenges and the New Game + modes.  Good luck with those plats if you decide to go for them.

Recently been playing Assassins Creed Unity and Wolfenstein: The New Order. Went ahead and got the 6+ GB patch since I was afraid I was going to run into issues with Unity. Wolfenstein: TNO is single player only and that limits it's replayability, but so far I've enjoyed it on the PS4. The protagonist since the old Wolfenstein 3D finally has a personality of his own, no longer the bland meathead he was in past games. He's no Nathan Drake, but I enjoy his character.

Almost finished with the second sequence on Unity, and playing as Arno reminds me of young Ezio. Just feels that way for me.

Uncharted 2 and 3 won't be a problem with regards to getting your online trophies, as there are only 2 required for platinum in each game.  Get those out of the way as soon as youo can, and then you can tackle the stories at your leisure.

Sleeping Dogs was an easy platinum, and was great fun to boot.  I got it free via PS+, but enjoyed it so much that I subsequently bought most of the DLC for it, and might even get the Definitive Edition when I eventually upgrade to PS4.

AC Brotherhood has some pretty difficult MP trophies and requires you to reach Level 50, but Revelations tones it down considerably and only asks you to reach level 20, which doesn't take long.

As for GTA V, you don't need a gold medal on every single mission, just 70 of them.  Most of the Strangers and Freaks missions are easy to get gold, and there are plenty of easy story missions as well.  The tough part will be putting in enough hours to reach Level 100.

The Arkham games - well I'll never plat those myself, since I have a hard time with the combat challenges and the New Game + modes.  Good luck with those plats if you decide to go for them.

I went into Free Roam on Red Dead Redemption not too long ago and there's still some players, though it's nothing like it was a few years ago. Uncharted 2 and 3 multiplayer are still active as far as I'm aware of, but that might change once the new Uncharted game comes out early next year.

I'm going to wrap up the first Uncharted game before the others, since I'm closer to a platinum on that. It is however showing it's age, considering it was 2007 when the PS3 didn't quite hit it's stride.

Haven't gotten around to Sleeping Dogs yet, since I'm going to try to platinum all the God of War games I won, and the Uncharted series. Still, I enjoyed the Martial Arts style of the game, far too many video games rely on shooting people instead of using melee tactics to take down enemies.

I honestly have no idea whether I want to platinum Brotherhood or not. I'm trying really hard to beat the story in Revelations, but I can't help but feel the Ezio charm in the previous two games had worn off. Assassins Creed III is a complete borefest for the first few hours of the game. I can see why it was panned by critics and disliked by many people when it was released.

Yeah. I've tried to earn a gold medal in the missions, but either I fail or I just can't bring myself to do it. The Jewel Store Heist is an easy one to earn gold if you pick the best hacker. Some of the assassination missions with Franklin aren't too bad either. The ones I have problems with are flying missions, or anything involving flying under a bridge. Flying most aircraft or helicopters in the game are frustrating, since you don't seem to have much control at times and it's easy to screw up, even with Trevor.

The Arkham series would be fairly easy to plat if it weren't for the challenges. I think for the time being, Arkham Knight isn't too bad to platinum even though it's for the PS4.

assassins creed 2 is prety much one of the easiest to platinum, along with ac: rogue and libertion aswel as unity the rest hve weird online modes nd they get hcked nd its hrd to get people to behave unless u know them personally

all of the god of wars are pretty easy aswell so shouldnt hve to much troubles

grand theft auto i was of the same mind set as u but once i really got to playing i realized geting gold is not bd at all u actually get nearly twice as many missions as u really need and almost enough simple missions where ud have to ctivly try to not get gold to miss gold lol and for bridges use the hospitol helicopter i had 1 bridge that gme me trouble and i had to use a small plane otherwise simple, the shooting range u really only need to gold 1 of them for a trophy the rest jut complete them with any medel

sleeping dogs is another simple plat

unity is fixed for the most part i played all the way through and the only bug i ran into was the geting into windows being a pain in the ass

la noir is  a fun albet grindy game but really simple to plat without t much effort ur major issue might be finding every car since alot look alike 

ask me anything u need to know about sleeping dogs i plated it ges ago like i said before i found it fun and easy one of my favs actually

id suggest giving up on plating the btman games its plagued with glitchy combat nd those damned challenge maps the problem i ran into is the combo drop u cn be mid combo and it just resets not  split second afer a connected punch or kick itll just reset like its giving u the finger

uncharteds only real challenge would be the hardest difficulty

hha i could suggest you several good games with relativly easy plats such as the saints row games or just about anything by tell tale games just depends on your prefered genre nd what u find difficult i know im a decent gamer everyone says im relly good but i dont see myself tht wy i just choose to not give up and slog through the boring bits collectibles are my dreaded wekness but eh psses the hours right

You put a long list there but for this era of gaming you should play most of them and getting plats about them is pretty satisfiying.

For Uncharted series;

You should definetely get plats for them because after you plat them gta or rdr becomes easier because at them you can use auto aim, also you will change your standarts about difficulties in games when you finish crushing. And i think beside grinding kills with certain weapons (like minigun) rest of the trophies are obtainable in just 2 playthroughs, definetely worth playing. Start first playthrough on hard then crushing, not so hard i guess.

About Uncharted 2&3 multiplayer trophies; dont worry too much because they need to complete 2 games, not even winning them. Theyre not grinding trophies like in gta, killzone or rdr.

For Assassin's Creed series;

I only have plat for ACII, i think i didnt like the multiplayer system of AC series. I cant say anything about their multiplayer servers are ok to boost anymore, and %100 syncronization is not for me, so i cant suggest you anything about series. I only played single player part of series.

For sandbox games with multiplayer;

RDR;

If servers are ok to play definetely go for plat. Its very enjoyable game and its not that hard. But grinding exp in multi can be boring(i remember i was doing same co-op missions again and again).

Single player trophies are not hard and also enjoyable too.

GTA V;

Definetely get the platinum for this game. When you finish some uncharted, played rdr a little bit you get well with controls in gta. Flying can seem a bit hard but if u practice a little bit youll see that its not that hard. The only hard part is deciding to finish them in one go and open a youtube video and do them all. Actually under the bridges, stutnt jumps etc are like collectables. Its not so enjoyable but the feeling of getting them all done or having a trophy about them is very satisfying. They worth the try. 

Arkham Series;

I played Asylum, City, Blackgate and Knight(I played Blackgate because Vita doesnt have good games much). For me the rest 3 of them are the best games in their category. And unlike AC series they improved with each one.

I suggest finish Asylum first. For ease the challenges finish NG+. When you playing NG+ you start to play it slowly, not button mashing style, when you start playing slowly you will know every type of enemies, how to beat them, how to use titan enemies, where to start in predator challenges. If u manage to get plat Asylum other 2 games will be much easier to plat.

If you want to get some plats about these games i suggest you to start with Arkham series to get well with crowd control, then go with Uncharted to get well with aiming, then go to the sandbox games.

In my opinion getting the plat is easier with one go in games with single player. For example did you finished Asylum first time? go for platinum, dont go to City, when you get the plat for Asylum, City's platinum will be easier.

By trying to get plats for these games changed my playing style for games, for example at Arkham Knight in your first playtrough you can play it on even easy, difficulty doesnt matter for first playtrough. But i started on hard, finished it and started NG+. For example i got Skyrim plat but i played it on normal diff, but when Witcher 3 came out i finished it on hardest setting. Plats are forcing you to play games on harder settings. And in time you get well with harder settings.

I can only give you advices on games i played. I cant tell u anything about Souls series(which i know theyre good but i didnt played) or Watchdogs..