After 2+ years of goofing around, finally planning on platinums...

AJ_Radio

Only four trophies away from a platinum for Uncharted 1. Really important to score a lot of headshots for Crushing difficulty. Drake suddenly dies within 2-3 bullet shots. Can't wait until I hit the church so I can spot two-three guys sniping with a laser along with a bunch of guys with rifles. Fighting on the ship against Navarro is going to be a pain.

So I thought I would get these platinums in the coming future:

1. Uncharted 1 (obviously)

2. God of War: Chains of Olympus

3. God of War: Ghost of Sparta

4. God of War I or II

5. God of War III

6. Uncharted 2

7. Uncharted 3

8. Sleeping Dogs

9. L.A. Noire

10. Batman: Arkham Asylum

11. Batman: Arkham City

12. Batman: Arkham Knight

13. Wolfenstein: The New Order

14. Metro Redux

15. Metro Last Light

....so on and so forth..

So those right there are a good handful of platinums. I'm close to a platinum on Uncharted 1, might as well get that first. As for the God of War games, only need to be good at the Challenge of the Gods. Uncharted 2 and 3 are very much like the first Uncharted, just need to do some multiplayer for the plats.

Sleeping Dogs is a good game but the collectibles in that are a bit frustrating, considering I've had my share of collecting hundreds upon hundreds of treasure chests in the Assassin Creed games. Same for LA Noire, because that involves collecting film reels and hunting down cars. The film reels must be well hidden, because I have not come across one of them in all story cases and DLC cases, along with several Street Crimes.

Watched a video on Batman Asylum challenges. What screws me up is the goons hitting me while I'm racking a x30-35 combo, and them breaking into a gun locker and using one to destroy Batman to pieces. I've found myself having an easier time getting higher combos in Arkham City, because of one notable upgrade you get. The rest of the games I've listed are PS4 games, and I've barely touched them so I can't comment on how easy or hard the trophies are.

• 2 weeks later...

Plated GOW: Chains of Olympus on Wednesday, one trophy away from GOW III platinum.

I'm at the halfway point in Uncharted 1, but Navarro's mercenaries are much tougher than the pirates in the earlier chapters. The other three trophies I need aren't hard to get, I guess beating the game on Crushing is proving pretty difficult.

Can plat Ghost of Sparta as well.

Finished God of War III. Honestly though even on harder difficulties the God of War games seem relatively easy compared to Demon Souls/Dark Souls, and any of the Uncharted games on 'Crushing' difficulty.

I took a shot at Crushing on both Uncharted 2 & 3, did not do that well at all. Just doing the combat challenges in Batman: Arkham Asylum is more difficult than beating any of the God of War games on Hard difficulty.

My best tip for Uncharted 1 is not to use circle to go into cover, but rather just stand behind the cover and kill that way.

Enemies won't see you plus you won't have to keep popping out of cover to shoot - hope that makes sense  :|

Done that a few times. There's a certain section where you have to fight off a bunch of pirates in a room with water and a lot of pillars. Took me over two dozen tries before I finally got past it. I'm where Drake and Elena are together when Navarro's mercenaries start to show up. If it's this difficult this early, then doing the final battle with Navarro is going to be a major problem.

Looks like your going splendid, you should have no troubles with uncharted series and Assassin creed series, all very linear trophies.

As much as I enjoy some of the gameplay and lore of the Assassins Creed series, the multiplayer trophies are really a pain to get. I guess it's not too bad with Black Flag and AC3 but I heard it's a big issue with Brotherhood. Definitely one of the better games in the series, and one I can easily plat if it weren't for online trophies.

But I guess I can get Rogue which is purely single player, and the upcoming title Assassins Creed: Syndicate will be fully single player as well. Looking forward to that when it comes out.

Uncharted 2 & 3 only require one cooperative and competitive multiplayer game, so that's no issue.

Get off this thread and start hunting, back to this pinball ballshil

some games give me turrets

I prefer to take it easy. Since I have a family and work overtime a lot I can't afford to play too much.

Congratulations on getting your first couple platinum trophies! I have a warning though...they are quite addictive. Once you pop one, you can't stop!

That's what I've heard. I can get at least ten platinums before the end of the year (Ghost of Sparta, God of War I & II, Uncharted 1 2 & 3, LA Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum) but having to work 50-55 hour weeks I don't know if I'll make it.

That's what I've heard. I can get at least ten platinums before the end of the year (Ghost of Sparta, God of War I & II, Uncharted 1 2 & 3, LA Noire, Batman: Arkham Asylum) but having to work 50-55 hour weeks I don't know if I'll make it.

I'd recommend doing all the single player games first and then get all the MP trophies done for the games that do have MP, If your goal is to reach 10 and work 50+ hours a week, I work 40+ hours a week so I know the pressure, having a gf on the other other hand makes it tougher, anyway like I said I recommend just focusing on ONLY single player games strictly first.

Hope this helps.

I'd recommend doing all the single player games first and then get all the MP trophies done for the games that do have MP, If your goal is to reach 10 and work 50+ hours a week, I work 40+ hours a week so I know the pressure, having a gf on the other other hand makes it tougher, anyway like I said I recommend just focusing on ONLY single player games strictly first.

Hope this helps.

I'm looking for another job so those 50-55 hour weeks I'll probably won't do for too much longer. I work for a distribution center involving a big corporation (Dollar Tree for those wondering) that puts little care into their employees. Work pay is awful for all the effort you have to put into the job, and I can probably earn better wages working retail or for another company that puts higher priority in good benefits and decent pay. Looked up Dollar Tree on Glassdoor and the reviews aren't good, so it's best I get out of there when I can.

Don't have a girlfriend which is good for me but currently I'm tied down with family. Looking to get an apartment in the upcoming year, that way I have more time to play when I want to.

The platinums I'm aiming to get probably aren't that bad to be honest, God of War games are actually good at being fair with it's trophies. Need to look into combat challenges for Batman, they're more difficult than the God of War challenges.

The platinums I'm aiming to get probably aren't that bad to be honest, God of War games are actually good at being fair with it's trophies. Need to look into combat challenges for Batman, they're more difficult than the God of War challenges.

Actually I found Ghost of Sparta and GOW 3 challenges the toughest, Batman was very fun and rather easy for me.

If someone hasn't recommended it already, or if you didn't know about it, this page could also help you a lot when you want to determine how hard/easy a plat is, plus an approx. of hours needed, and much more:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/

Feel free to check it out whenever you have time.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but, after taking a peek through the 24 games (28 games; 4 already completed since making the thread), the only thing I could think of was, "Um... Yes? All of them?"

In my opinion, your profile is loaded top to bottom with extremely popular, AAA games and every single one of them needs to be experienced to the fullest.

Batman, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, God of War; seriously, that's like 20 of the greatest PS3 games ever right there.

The main thing to remember is to enjoy your games and have fun. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm not trying to be a smart ass but, after taking a peek through the 24 games (28 games; 4 already completed since making the thread), the only thing I could think of was, "Um... Yes? All of them?"

In my opinion, your profile is loaded top to bottom with extremely popular, AAA games and every single one of them needs to be experienced to the fullest.

Batman, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted, God of War; seriously, that's like 20 of the greatest PS3 games ever right there.

The main thing to remember is to enjoy your games and have fun. :)

Almost forgot I made this topic.

Yes, my list is in fact filled top to bottom with AAA games. In fact I haven't even attempted to try out an indie game for PS3/PS4. But I definitely knew these games were popular well before I had a PS3 because I had friends who have played through the games. Some games I've put to the back because I just haven't found a good strategy to beat them (Demon Souls and Dark Souls) but I am attempting to plow through a couple of them. God of War mainly.

Arkham Asylum is finished. Finally had to watch a video on keeping a good combo going, x9 variations and Ground Takedowns were both vital to getting the required scores. I was stuck on Shock and Awe and Rumble in the Jungle for weeks (both Extreme). For Shock and Awe I made top priority to take out the Knife and Stun guys first, then evaded around a little before I used Batarang/Batclaw to get the rest of the goons stunned, then used Ground Takedown. I didn't bother with the guy going for the gun until he jumped into the fray, because I found that going after him while he's up at the gun locker ruins your combo. Definitely not easy with the timer going against you but I pulled through.

For Rumble in the Jungle I made sure I kept a x9 variation during the first round, also maintaining a Freeflow bonus. Kept the titans busy with the batarang, got rid of the normal guys first then dealt with titans. You can rack up a huge score in Rumble in the Jungle but I don't know a good strategy for it. Glad that game is over with, even if I happened to get the platinum six years after the game came out. Better late than never. Definitely a platinum I cherish the most out of the ones I already have.

Congratulations on your Arkham Asylum platinum. I remember there being a couple of tricky combat challenges that took a number of attempts.

Just to echo what effdeegee said. The main thing to remember is to enjoy your games and have fun. When going for the platinum there will more often than not be at least one trophy that gives you problems, sometimes they wind you up, make you swear and generally just pi$$ you off, but when you achieve it there's then a great feeling of satisfaction. If you aren't getting that pay off then that's the time to stop, after all we play games to have fun and to unwind after commitments with work / family / children, it shouldn't be an extra stress in your life.

I had a bad time with Call of Duty Black Ops achieveing all zombie trophies solo (except for Time Travel Will Tell and They are going THROUGH!), it almost stopped me gaming and affected me in my every day life. Never again.

The great thing about trophies on the PS3 / PS4 is that if you get stuck there's always a written guide and more often than not a video guide too. Back in the days when I had a Commodore 64 all you could hope for would be a strategy guide to appear in the monthly Commodore User magazine. What I would have done for one when I was stuck on Maniac Mansion or Zak McCracken.

From looking at your list and from what you've written:

Batman Arkham City: Not too bad a game to platinum, the challenges for combat are a lot easier than Arkham Asylum so as you've done those you will have no problems especially if you use bat swarm. Predator challenges are a bit trickier but Batman does have a lot of gadgets up his sleeve. Completing the DLC with Robin / Nightwing and especially Catwoman are a lot more problematic and you may want to steer clear of them. The perfect freeflow trophy is quite tricky but it gets easier with patience and practice.

Uncharted: Crushing will take a little practice but as I remember there isn't anything too frustrating, again patience and practice. There are videos to help with the miscellaneous trophies.

Uncharted 2 and 3: The requirements for the Platinum aren't too bad for either title, the two online trophies can be earned easily too but ignore the DLC content unless you have a lot of time to invest and be prepared for boosting. It's a title I wouldn't want to have to touch again.

Red Dead Redemption: There is a lot of helpful information out there to help with the miscellaneous trophies you need. I would say with the online part the worst trophy you have there is Slow on the Draw. I had to do this with a friend but we had a lot of issues (back in 2014) due to the hacked servers. I wouldn't recommend the DLC unless you're dedicated in earning them.

God Of War: Congratulations you nearly have them done! I can imagine you feeling a bit frustrated about having to revisit the game to get the missable trophies but look each of them up and where you need to do them and you should be through in no time at all. For the Challenge trophies they are definitely the hardest part of the game. Just look up some guides on the best tactics and then keep practising. It will be a great feeling having them done.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your Arkham Asylum platinum. I remember there being a couple of tricky combat challenges that took a number of attempts.

Just to echo what effdeegee said. The main thing to remember is to enjoy your games and have fun. When going for the platinum there will more often than not be at least one trophy that gives you problems, sometimes they wind you up, make you swear and generally just pi$$ you off, but when you achieve it there's then a great feeling of satisfaction. If you aren't getting that pay off then that's the time to stop, after all we play games to have fun and to unwind after commitments with work / family / children, it shouldn't be an extra stress in your life.

I had a bad time with Call of Duty Black Ops achieveing all zombie trophies solo (except for Time Travel Will Tell and They are going THROUGH!), it almost stopped me gaming and affected me in my every day life. Never again.

The great thing about trophies on the PS3 / PS4 is that if you get stuck there's always a written guide and more often than not a video guide too. Back in the days when I had a Commodore 64 all you could hope for would be a strategy guide to appear in the monthly Commodore User magazine. What I would have done for one when I was stuck on Maniac Mansion or Zak McCracken.

From looking at your list and from what you've written:

Batman Arkham City: Not too bad a game to platinum, the challenges for combat are a lot easier than Arkham Asylum so as you've done those you will have no problems especially if you use bat swarm. Predator challenges are a bit trickier but Batman does have a lot of gadgets up his sleeve. Completing the DLC with Robin / Nightwing and especially Catwoman are a lot more problematic and you may want to steer clear of them. The perfect freeflow trophy is quite tricky but it gets easier with patience and practice.

Uncharted: Crushing will take a little practice but as I remember there isn't anything too frustrating, again patience and practice. There are videos to help with the miscellaneous trophies.

Uncharted 2 and 3: The requirements for the Platinum aren't too bad for either title, the two online trophies can be earned easily too but ignore the DLC content unless you have a lot of time to invest and be prepared for boosting. It's a title I wouldn't want to have to touch again.

Red Dead Redemption: There is a lot of helpful information out there to help with the miscellaneous trophies you need. I would say with the online part the worst trophy you have there is Slow on the Draw. I had to do this with a friend but we had a lot of issues (back in 2014) due to the hacked servers. I wouldn't recommend the DLC unless you're dedicated in earning them.

God Of War: Congratulations you nearly have them done! I can imagine you feeling a bit frustrated about having to revisit the game to get the missable trophies but look each of them up and where you need to do them and you should be through in no time at all. For the Challenge trophies they are definitely the hardest part of the game. Just look up some guides on the best tactics and then keep practising. It will be a great feeling having them done.

To properly respond:

Definitely the platinum I cherish the most. Once I knew how to evade and properly use Batclaw/Batarang, getting the required scores was a cinch.

Select games like Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 I will be playing to explore and have fun. Not going to go for most/all of the trophies until I get a grasp of the games and have actually made leeway on progress, as these kinds of games were meant to be taken slowly. In the God of War games I pretty much go in guns blazing, working to accumulate all trophies I can get, since they are linear and for the most part easy. It all depends on the kind of game I'm playing. Many of us play to relieve the stresses of real life, but if we only become more stressed out from playing then perhaps it's time to find a new hobby. 

For some reason Call of Duty was never my cup of tea. Don't know why exactly since the series is just as much of a shooter as the Wolfenstein series and the Halo series. Maybe it's all the hype and marketing that got to it.

There's a guide to pretty much everything, even the games you played back in the 1980s/early 1990s. I remember as a kid I got stuck in Kings Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow at a certain part because I could not figure out a riddle. Considering this was back in 1993/1994 before the existence of GameFAQs, you had to rely more on game manuals and help lines that gave you hints, which you had to pay for every minute you were on the telephone. Lucasarts and Sierra both made good adventure games, but if you weren't the type to figure out hints or riddles you were stuck. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was a good game to get stuck on, even the Monkey Island games had a couple of troubling spots. Sierra games were even worse in that they were infamous for their many death scenes, every Kings Quest game had at least 10-15 different ways to die, which only meant reloading the game you saved just prior. The best part about some of these games is if you forgot to do a task beforehand, you were screwed, especially if you didn't save because that meant restarting the game all the way back at the beginning.

These games you were expected to do something. When I played Super Mario Bros 3, Kirbys Adventure and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 it was obvious where you needed to go, as they were all side scrollers which meant taking on a boss or reaching the end of the level.

Batman Arkham City: The combat challenges are definitely easier but I'm a lot more worried about the predator challenges, especially in the campaigns. I know in New Game Plus they made enemies a little tougher to take on, for instance when you enter the old GCPD building after Penguins goons take over, there is an armed enemy with a disruptor that distorts Detective Vision. In the Normal game mode he doesn't have a disruptor. Enemies take more hits to go down. I know there was a certain part before you head up to confront Hugo Strange that gave me a bit of trouble. I imagine in New Game Plus there's more mines to navigate through, but I could be wrong.

The worst part is I'm actually going to go for 100 percent completion in this game, and that means repeating the challenges with Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman. Since Catwoman in particular is a bit tougher to get a hang of in my opinion, getting the required metals for the two trophies will be frustrating, if not difficult.

Uncharted: I do just fine as long as I'm not in someone's immediate field of view, because on Crushing you can easily go down in 2-4 hits. I know a lot of people struggled with the water room in the past but there is a way past it which I don't know of. The last 20 minutes of the game will probably be the most difficult, since the church has a fair share of snipers, not to mention there are two waves of enemies.

Uncharted 2 & 3: Definitely should get the multiplayer trophies first, the ones required for the platinum. Interestingly enough the Remastered versions don't offer multiplayer, although that may be a good thing since the multiplayer trophies for Uncharted 3 are a bit overboard.

Red Dead Redemption: You only need one person for Slow on the Draw, I'm more worried about Posse Up since that needs eight people to make a full Posse. Hit the Trail is done solo and Most Wanted can easily be boosted. Apart from those the platinum isn't that daunting to get. Would be nice since it is ultra rare. Won't bother with the DLC trophies.

God of War: Only thing holding me back really is having to play through the games again, I don't like doing that after I just finished a playthrough, so I wait a bit. Ghost of Sparta is easy and Challenge of the Gods for God of War 1 requires doing them all in one sitting. One of the more difficult ones to get compared to the other titles, I tried to get through them in the past and failed miserably.

You forgot LA Noire. Not a bad game to play but definitely has flaws in the storyline, and the '40s appeal doesn't apply to everyone. Just have to replay the cases, finish off the Street Crimes and grab the collectibles. Bit time consuming but manageable.

Edited by Ian Lee
  • Like 1

Well I just broke my controller. GoW Challenge 10 along with Wraiths from Ghost of Sparta have rendered my PS3 controller broken. Going to have to wait a couple of days to buy a new one.

I have never, never expressed such frustration since hackers killed me over and over on Red Dead Redemption matches. God of War III was probably the easiest one I platinumed, only difficult parts were the Scorpion & Zeus boss fights, and the unarmed challenge. God of War II, a couple tough spots (one being to protect a certain npc) but very manageable for an average player. Chains of Olympus, easy, only tough part was the final boss and I had to figure out a strategy for her. Wraiths are literally almost as bad as Satyrs, only Ghost of Sparta was made by Ready for Dawn, who ironically made The Order 1886, probably the easiest game I will ever platinum.

There were no less than SIX Wraiths (two at a time) in a certain area shortly after I enter Death's Domain. Threw my controller, suffered a bit of damage but was still working. Decided to take a shot at GoW I Challanges. Quit Ghost of Sparta, started the challenges, worked my way to challenge 10. Boom. After about 30-50 times of dying to Satyrs, messing up my combos and falling off, I throw my controller again, only this time on the hard floor. Chunks of the controller fly off, I throw it again and soon the controller quits working. Buttons don't work. So now I have to go out and spend $35-50 on a last gen gaming controller. All because God of War games somehow manage to pump up my adrenaline, mostly because Kratos is a killing machine who annihilates everything in his path to destroy everything in his way, no matter the price.

What's actually funny is I've died more times on Demon Souls, but it takes a much more cautious approach and it doesn't promote a killing machine bent on destruction, so that's probably why I haven't thrown a controller at the game. This is one of the reasons why I took a 3 month break from God of War games, after platinuming three of them it was getting to be too much of a fast paced adventure for me to handle all the in your face action. Ghost of Sparta has a lot of people with a platinum, so clearly I'm doing something wrong. Wraiths and Satyrs are the two worst enemies in the entire series. Most of all enemies are pushovers, because Kratos can block, use magic, and stun/flinch them with certain abilities. With Wraiths and Satyrs you can't do that.

Wraiths hide in the ground, then jump into an unavoidable QTE for you to overcome. Blocking does not work on them, and they're quite devastating as they dish out a lot of damage in little time. Satyrs block your attacks and use their infamous spear to throw you around, which also deals a lot of damage as they can literally dance around you with little to no problems. 

I do enjoy a challenge now and then, but this is ridiculous. I know I'm not the only one because I have heard of many people out there who have broken controllers from the God of War games, myself included. So I'm having to spend $35 on a controller, hopefully I won't break one for Arkham City.