National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Flacco has been ruled out week 9 with a herniated neck disc. He's going in for a second opinion, but Brandon Allen will start for the Broncos.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070795/article/joe-flacco-neck-ruled-out-brandon-allen-to-start 

Edited by MidnightDragon

Just heard during the halftime that Joe Flacco has a herniated disc. Feel for the guy but if he gets that fixed he's out for the year. I'm at about 4 months recovery from having my C4/C5 fused together and it took a few months for my neck to release even the tiniest bit of tension. Granted, I don't have the millions of dollars and access to all the luxury shit he'll probably have if he needs that surgery but I don't see him recovering that quick. 

EDIT:

I actually can't say he wouldn't recover fast enough. If it weren't for other issues I might not be in as much pain as I'm in so my statement wasn't all that accurate.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Just heard during the halftime that Joe Flacco has a herniated disc. Feel for the guy but if he gets that fixed he's out for the year. I'm at about 4 months recovery from having my C4/C5 fused together and it took a few months for my neck to release even the tiniest bit of tension. Granted, I don't have the millions of dollars and access to all the luxury shit he'll probably have if he needs that surgery but I don't see him recovering that quick. 

I feel for you, man. I have been there. It was about six months out of successful back surgery (I had become paralyzed) when I was walking down the street on a beautiful cloudless April day when I realized that for the first time in years I had NO PAIN! What a marvelous feeling. (BTW I was really lucky that I got to hook up with the Golden State Warriors' chiropractor who offered his rehabilitation services for free. I would work out in his gym 2 hours a day. Surgeon said I'd never walk again. HAH!)

Hoping for a full, pain free recovery for you my friend. Godspeed.

• Like 3

Just now, PsychicVibe said:

I feel for you, man. I have been there. It was about six months out of successful back surgery (I had become paralyzed) when I was walking down the street on a beautiful cloudless April day when I realized that for the first time in years I had NO PAIN! What a marvelous feeling. (BTW I was really lucky that I got to hook up with the Golden State Warriors' chiropractor who offered his rehabilitation services for free. I would work out in his gym 2 hours a day. Surgeon said I'd never walk again. HAH!)

Congrats on the awesome recovery dude! And thanks. :D I hope there comes a day when I realize for the first time in years my upper body just doesn't hurt anymore. 

I can't say my condition was caught early, it actually went untreated for a year thanks to a chickenshit doctor just suggesting cortisone shots into my spine, but when I started losing feeling in my shoulder and hand (thumb and forefinger) I sought a second opinion from the surgeon in the building as well as his assistant that looked pretty annoyed that the previous spine guy was only suggesting cortisone shots.

^the issue here was that just 7 months before I had a rotator cuff surgery, and a year before that my first rotator cuff surgery. The pain in my shoulder had never went away because I could never fully rehab thanks to the spinal stenosis. So I'm dealing with the tension in my traps as well as residual pain from weak shoulder muscles. :facepalm: 

For rehab I could only see a physical therapist twice a week for 20-30 minutes each time for maybe 5 weeks. Then they want you to go from the bands they use to the weights/machines in a gym without proper instructions lol. (thankfully I was a gym goer as a teenager so I at least know what to do and what not to do)

24 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

EDIT:

I actually can't say he wouldn't recover fast enough. If it weren't for other issues I might not be in as much pain as I'm in so my statement wasn't all that accurate.

12 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

Also, you two probably aren’t a 34 year old NFL quarterback who have had the shit beat out of you. 

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Also, you two probably aren’t a 34 year old NFL quarterback who have had the shit beat out of you. 

Nope. A 29 year old that had the shit beat out of him playing sports, not organized sports it was mainly pick up games so no protective gear, and training to join the military out of high school. xD (spoiler alert it didn't happen lmfao)

My friends nowadays like to joke that I don't get to age like Brady. I age like Gronkowski. The bastards lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Nope. A 29 year old that had the shit beat out of him playing sports, not organized sports it was mainly pick up games so no protective gear, and training to join the military out of high school. xD (spoiler alert it didn't happen lmfao)

My friends nowadays like to joke that I don't get to age like Brady. I age like Gronkowski. The bastards lol.

Well, at least Gronk seems to have more fun!

You know what they say......"It's not the years, it's the mileage..."

I played ball for so long umpires nicknamed me "Methuselah."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

and training to join the military out of high school. xD (spoiler alert it didn't happen lmfao)

As someone who joined the Marines while in high school and had to do the weekend workout trips until my boot date. I feel you, those were not fun in the slightest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Conker said:

So anyone wanna explain the 3rd and 20 blitz by Miami xD , imo that easily changed result of the game

They're in full tank mode right now. Playing competently at this point would only hinder them

Edited by majob

4 hours ago, majob said:

They're in full tank mode right now. Playing competently at this point would only hinder them

The Dolphins know what might be on the horizon.  Just imagine, December 22nd, Cinci vs. Miami, winner (and by winner I mean the team with the fewest points at the end) gets that coveted #1 pick.  The Phins don't wanna screw that up and let another team slide their way into the 2019 Tank Bowl.

Edited by skidmarkgn
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

The Dolphins know what might be on the horizon.  Just imagine, December 22nd, Cinci vs. Miami, winner (and by winner I mean the team with the fewest points at the end) gets that coveted #1 pick.  The Phins don't wanna screw that up and let another team slide their way into the 2019 Tank Bowl.

Don't etch that into stone just yet.  The Dolphins still have two meetings with the Jets.  The Jets also have a game in Cincinnati.

51 minutes ago, acasser said:

Don't etch that into stone just yet.  The Dolphins still have two meetings with the Jets.  The Jets also have a game in Cincinnati.

The Jets are exactly why I made sure to say what "might" be on the horizon.  I hear they're in full on sell mode today as well, I guess we'll know in a couple hours.

6 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

The Jets are exactly why I made sure to say what "might" be on the horizon.  I hear they're in full on sell mode today as well, I guess we'll know in a couple hours.

I'll say here the same thing I've said to a number of my (non-Jets fans) friends and other people who have raised the issue:  Remember that the Jets fired Mike McCagnan this summer, after McCagnan was allowed to effectively assemble this year's roster because he ran the Draft and Free Agency.

So it's a classic case of "new regime" syndrome, with the new guys doing a lot of turnover to get rid of the leftovers they were handed when they took their jobs.  Leonard Williams was traded because the decision was made that he wasn't worth the numbers he was likely to fetch on a contract extension and because the Giants were willing to offer up good enough picks to forego the compensatory pick; that, and trading him for the picks doesn't hurt the team's ability to go shopping in Free Agency next year at the cost of those same compensatory picks.  I don't doubt that Robbie Anderson was heavily shopped given that Vyncint Smith could be slotted into a similar role (even if he's nowhere near as good).  I don't doubt that they actively listened on teams calling about Le'Veon Bell and Jamal Adams even though both are really good players and there's nothing close to a viable replacement for them in-hand.

The Jets are a mess.  Then again, they've been a mess for the vast majority of my lifetime, and I was born only a few, short years after Super Bowl III.

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Fuck, they were so close. Anyone who bet on the Cardinals tonight must have been on the edge of their seats.

Well, if you got 10 points (the spread) Arizona bettors were probably feeling pretty good about things in the fourth quarter.

Niners looked like they could have run away with it, ahead 21-7 and getting the ball to start the second half, but they looked worn out as the game neared the end.

Jimmy G 28-37 4 TDs 0 Ints............some great throws in dime windows....but until he wins a Super Bowl some will always question him (just like they did with Steve Young).

Just now, PsychicVibe said:

Well, if you got 10 points (the spread) Arizona bettors were probably feeling pretty good about things in the fourth quarter.

Niners looked like they could have run away with it, ahead 21-7 and getting the ball to start the second half, but they looked worn out as the game neared the end.

Jimmy G 28-37 4 TDs 0 Ints............some great throws in dime windows....but until he wins a Super Bowl some will always question him (just like they did with Steve Young).

Never understood betting lingo lol.

I don't tend to question based off of things like Superbowl wins. QB can't win every game himself. It's a team effort and you can be the most accurate QB ever but if your receivers have a case of Clifford Franklin hands then there's nothing you can do about that. (that's a Replacements joke for anyone who hasn't seen the movie...) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Never understood betting lingo lol.

I don't tend to question based off of things like Superbowl wins. QB can't win every game himself. It's a team effort and you can be the most accurate QB ever but if your receivers have a case of Clifford Franklin hands then there's nothing you can do about that. (that's a Replacements joke for anyone who hasn't seen the movie...) 

I do remember some drops by Arizona receivers in the first half.

Kyler Murray is one dangerous mofo that's f'sure. Love Arizona's QB and HC, but the GM is an incompetent drunk and the owner (Bidwell) is more about ego than winning.