Your Next Game - The Lottery 2 (event over)

Well, I've done as much as I care to do on DmC, and Rayman Legends is still in the "slowly picking away" phase so, it would appear as though it's that time again to start a new game. :jaymon:

I always get excited when this time happens. ^_^

I want to play a game that is somewhat quick and easy and has no dlc (or dlc already purchased).

My 3 main choices are:

- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

- Jak 3

- Prince of Persia 08

:dunno:

Well, I've done as much as I care to do on DmC, and Rayman Legends is still in the "slowly picking away" phase so, it would appear as though it's that time again to start a new game. :jaymon:

I always get excited when this time happens. ^_^

I want to play a game that is somewhat quick and easy and has no dlc (or dlc already purchased).

My 3 main choices are:

- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

- Jak 3

- Prince of Persia 08

:dunno:

In my opinion you should play Jak 3 to finish the trilogy, it's 2years from when you got the plat in Jak 2. Anyway it isn't frustrating like the 2nd. And if you don't want to get the orbs legit there's always a glitch ;D

Jak 3 is by far my favorite of the series. Too bad i bought the HD collection on the vita instead of the PS3 version. I played a bit of Jak 1 on the vita and the game was just unplayable imo. Annoying controls and the framerate was unbearable. I will probably get the hd collection on ps3 sometime in the future. Although if they had decided to put a remastered version of Jak X with the collection, i'd have jumped on it way sooner. Played that game the most out of the jak games back in the day, a lot of fun!

Even though i haven't played it yet, PoP 08 is supposed to be very good. So i'd suggest to play that one. After all you're choosing between movie licensed game, an HD remaster and a fully fledged "good" ps3 game. The choice seems simple enough to me :P

Jak 3 is by far my favorite of the series. Too bad i bought the HD collection on the vita instead of the PS3 version. I played a bit of Jak 1 on the vita and the game was just unplayable imo. Annoying controls and the framerate was unbearable. I will probably get the hd collection on ps3 sometime in the future. Although if they had decided to put a remastered version of Jak X with the collection, i'd have jumped on it way sooner. Played that game the most out of the jak games back in the day, a lot of fun!

Even though i haven't played it yet, PoP 08 is supposed to be very good. So i'd suggest to play that one. After all you're choosing between movie licensed game, an HD remaster and a fully fledged "good" ps3 game. The choice seems simple enough to me :P

Hey, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is a fantastic PS3 game. After the abomination that was Goblet of Fire and the average Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince was amazing. Not as good as the first 3 PS2 games, but still very fun.

Hey, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is a fantastic PS3 game. After the abomination that was Goblet of Fire and the average Order of the Phoenix, Half Blood Prince was amazing. Not as good as the first 3 PS2 games, but still very fun.

Haven't played any of them, but going from experience how most movie licensed games are.... I doubt i'll ever play it, but if i will then i hope you're right and it surprises me xD

All the Ps3 harry Porter games are easy play's besides the deathly Hallows, but even that one isn't super hard, it's just time trials on certain area maps. I enjoyed all of them. And was suprised by the quality for a movie license game. Trust me this isn't terminator salvation.

And they are dirt cheap used.

All the Ps3 harry Porter games are easy play's besides the deathly Hallows, but even that one isn't super hard, it's just time trials on certain area maps. I enjoyed all of them. And was suprised by the quality for a movie license game. Trust me this isn't terminator salvation.

And they are dirt cheap used.

It's funny because I started playing Harry Potter like 20 minutes after I posted that, earned a trophy right away and immediately updated my card so, literally, every suggestion made afterwards, the person could clearly see I had already chosen a game, because my trophy card had a giant Harry Potter face on it, right below my list of choices. :lol:

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

It's funny because I started playing Harry Potter like 20 minutes after I posted that, earned a trophy right away and immediately updated my card so, literally, every suggestion made afterwards, the person could clearly see I had already chosen a game, because my trophy card had a giant Harry Potter face on it, right below my list of choices. :lol:

Not if you are browsing from a smartphone :P

Well, we're about 30 days into this installment and things really seem to be slowing down for many. I've taken a cruise around the profiles and I saw that many are either done their game, or haven't been playing for a bit so, I guess it might be time to announce the "last call" or "final lap" or something. :dunno:

The event will be over within the next ~2+ weeks so, it might be a good idea, if you're interested in having greater odds of winning a prize, to push for a few more trophies, write a review or guide or whatever. No rush; just a friendly heads up. ;)

I'm also starting to put more thought into the amount/types of prizes and the breakdown of ballots so, that should take full shape pretty soon, too. :)

• Like 2

I may have gone dark for the last few days but I am still hanging on ............... about 23hrs in now but I am seeing a late surge via some Dragon Age marathons in my future that may even include some DLC action (since I now own all 3 :)

The biggest shock for me is that such a skilled player as Zone Hunter is making such slow work of such an amazing title like Devil May Cry   (lol)

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

I've been putting the mean boots to Harry Potter and managed to get 37/44 in less than 2 days.

I sit at 5,999 trophies and, oddly enough, I'm ranked 7,111 in the world for points at the same time. :hmm: Weird. :dunno:

lol just took a peek and it turns out I was only 400 points from being ranked 333 in my country. :| wtf numbers...

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

So clocked up 4hrs today and oh my god this game is so immersive (politics / religion / folk lore). I spent like 2 1/2 hours in skyhold alone doing mini quests and listening to the huge amounts of dialogue spewed up by the characters. I actually forgot that this game involved any combat there for awhile.

I am just shy of 28 hours in now and really love how this game is opening up. Also must say that while the levelling up system is slow it is extremely rewarding to be able to be able to do certain areas that absolutely smashed me early in my play through, but at the same time still running into areas that are slamming me.

Trophy progress has been very slow of late but I feel that I am probably pushing everything along so they will start to flow again soon.

Have one more crazy week then nothing for the rest of the month so really looking forward to pouring some time into finishing this game then.

• Like 2

Well, it would appear as though I've won $40 from the event Dashie ran about telling creepy, personal stories from times that you played horror games. :o

You can read my winning entry here. :D

Shit, congrats! :D

That's a pretty entertaining story too, I bet when she started the event she wasn't expecting someone to talk about a near death experience :P

• Like 1

Well, it would appear as though I've won $40 from the event Dashie ran about telling creepy, personal stories from times that you played horror games. :o

Awesome story, dude! Oh, wait....you almost died. Well, it paid off right? Having that experience must be worth the $40. And living, too!

• Like 1

Yeah congrats! Definitely going to read the story tomorrow. Btw I'm a poor guy give me 10$ to afford a premium membership on psnp lol :dunno:

Also after almost 4month I got Sound Shapes platinum!!!!

• Like 1

So the grind continues, loggin in at 34 hours now, went thorough a mini " fark I'm not getting anywhere " stage at the 30 hour mark but pushed on. Feel like I'm making head way having unlocked what I think is probably most areas and even cleared a few with the quests available. Fully realise that this is probably not many hours to most players but i tend to avoid these type of games due to the hours involved so happy I'm still sticking with it. I aim to hit around 60 - 70 hours by end of September, so hopefully I will have first playthrough finished. I can't see myself playing nightmare playthrough straight after but given a break I would like to come back and give it a crack