PSA: You CAN actually run in EGttR

Either it's really slow at reaching "sprinting" or "sprinting" is just a normal walking speed (which definitely is closer to "sprinting" than the regular walking speed in EGTTR) :P

The developer's phrase was "running fully"... I'd have called that "sprinting", but hey-ho. 

Look forward to seeing just how fast it is(n't) later. 

I'm guessing Parker changed it for you as I saw him in the list of people currently reading below

tumblr_llhctdm0jU1qje621o1_500.gif

Yes, that was me. 

This game really intrigues me. I think I'll watch a bit of gameplay and decide if I want to spend my money on it. I kind of want to play the game while listening to Warren Zevon's Excitable Boy album but I think that might ruin the experience...

Parker

• Like 4

Yes, that was me. 

This game really intrigues me. I think I'll watch a bit of gameplay and decide if I want to spend my money on it. I kind of want to play the game while listening to Warren Zevon's Excitable Boy album but I think that might ruin the experience...

Parker

Thanks again. ;)

From the reviews I've read, the sound design is a big part of the experience. I think you might be doing yourself a disservice if you played music over it.

Great. I had this games since last week for the reviews and only walk was possible

Oh cool! Where's your review at?

Thanks again. ;)

From the reviews I've read, the sound design is a big part of the experience. I think you might be doing yourself a disservice if you played music over it.

Oh cool! Where's your review at?

4news.it, but it is only italian :( Btw i really appreciated the game and gave 85/100

http://4news.it/23510-recensione-everybody-s-gone-to-the-rapture.html

4news.it, but it is only italian :( Btw i really appreciated the game and gave 85/100

http://4news.it/23510-recensione-everybody-s-gone-to-the-rapture.html

That's what Google translate is for amigo. It's a clunky translation, sure, but the poetry of your writing comes across nonetheless. Definitely made me more hyped to try it later. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, haha holding R2 gives an ever so slightly faster walk. Are they kidding? Years of testing this game and nobody was like "Hey, I think we should put a run function in this game!" - The game area is so massive, walking through the entire thing really, really cripples the game experience at times.

• Like 3

I have no idea what I did but I managed to glitch it so I was "running" without having to hold anything down. Even indoors, when you're usually forced to slow back down to the snail pace walk. It's very handy but I doubt it will last somehow.

Yeah, haha holding R2 gives an ever so slightly faster walk. Are they kidding? Years of testing this game and nobody was like "Hey, I think we should put a run function in this game!" - The game area is so massive, walking through the entire thing really, really cripples the game experience at times.

I'd have called it a medium jog, but not a fast walk. When you look at how fast you're actually going past the buildings, etc, when holding R2, it's not that slow compared to a real person jogging. 

Maybe other games have spoiled us over the years, where your character can glide, run like an olympic 100m sprinter without end, grind on power-rails, etc. :P

Pro tip: Use the accessibility setting on PS4 to change R2 to something else so you don't hurt your hand holding it the entire game. I'm using R1 now.

This was a great tip. I set it to L1 so that I could move forward with one hand, and vape with the other. ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the game is free, do you have any intention of playing it?