How close to platinum or game completion

SW33TSK1LLS

it isnt that impossible - you just have drive perfectly for 2 laps

ive tried it again last week, for about 3 or 4 hours

only on nürburgring

i had a lot of ups n downs - but it reminds me of GT2 back then - when i tried to gold all trophies

im close to silver now, and know how to move that x1 on the track

so gold is in sight when i drive perfectly

i really want to get it without glitching - but i have to invest a lot of time to get it with a DS3 controller

• 1 month later...

I also have the Dualshock 3 and some of these were crazy hard. I also thought the time you had to invest was just a little too crazy for me.

I'm stuck at 49/59 trophies - 76%.

It looks like GT6 is a much more realistic platinum, does anyone else think so? I don't have that game yet but I'm just looking at plat rarity and GT5 is at 0.96% while GT6 is at 8.18%.

Edited by PLamb858
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I also have the Dualshock 3 and some of these were crazy hard. I also thought the time you had to invest was just a little too crazy for me.

I'm stuck at 49/59 trophies - 76%.

It looks like GT6 is a much more realistic platinum, does anyone else think so? I don't have that game yet but I'm just looking at plat rarity and GT5 is at 0.96% while GT6 is at 8.18%.

GT6 is far easier - but i like the challenge in GT5

and i finally did it to gold the vettel challenges, and the gold standard trophy popped

now i only have to do easy grinding with my b-spec driver and get lvl40 in a-spec (im already 39,5)

so platinum in sight

• Like 2

89%

I will not make it because of the Nürburgring Vettel Challenge. I got Gold on Suzuka by using a Glitch that allowed you to leave the Track (but that has been fixed since then). Monza is quiet easy though you can cut at many Spots. I am going to a Community Meeting of German Gran Turismo Players next Year. If one of them can do the Challenge for me, the last remaining Trophy (The Air of Experience) should only be a Matter of Time :P

There was a glitch for the nurburgring vettel challenge also, I got gold on Monza legit but the other 2 I cheated otherwise I'd still be trying to doing them... probably.

I have decided to go back to this as I want to clear up my backlog.  I am currently running a B spec endurance race and then I will grind out that and then start on the photo ones and then slowly work on the rest.  I find it easier to come back to it now and again rather than concentrate just on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Goodluck with that The_Last_DJ.

I somewhat lost heart in Gran Turismo 5, it's an absolutely solid game and I love it - but taking too long of an extended break away from the game then trying to get back into it just isn't working for me.

I do have a few easy trophies left and a few grind'y trophies but I just don't have the heart for the game I used to.

Grinds left: Gold Standard, Excellent Driver (I'm level 37), Sebastian Vettel X, GT-R Official Record (I kind of lost it when I finished 0.1 - 0.3 seconds off the record time 5 laps in a row) and The Air of Experience

Easy: AMG Driving Academy (I honestly got bored of it), Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge (1 race left, already 0.5s off gold), International B (not even attempted it, have gold on the rest below), International A, S license.

In regards to Gran Turismo 6, I regret buying it. It felt off, wrong and nowhere near as smooth as Gran Turismo 5. Had the Ayrton Senna DLC been released sooner I'd of most likely been 28th fastest 100%'er. (1 Week 2 Days :platinum:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, but now you can't achieve the platinum without trophy like 'share a foto and track', right?

Proud Owner and Course Designer is unattainable; since they moved the GT5 online resources be integrated with GT6 server.

Then when GT7 comes out, same story (its a lot cheaper to integrate existing resources rather than making a new one)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nurburgring red bull race left... That's it. Monza took 18 hours and Suzuka took 27, I'm hesitant to try the last race because I know it will probably take even longer

Update: I did it in 23 hours lmao

Amazing endurance <3 ... that many hours just for this 3 races?! :blink::facepalm:

I was talked into and i'd really like to see another UR Plat on my list so i'm going out for this again...

Problem is atm i'm a few seconds to slow even for a bronze trophy in Vettel Challenge :(

I think i need to train more with my wheel :D

Hmm, my last trophy for this game was on June 4th 2012, but I see I may have dodge the server-closing bullet with this one. Mt PS3 got the YLOD back then and I never got it fixed; I just went back to playing Dota and other games on PC. I have 54 of 59 trophies, with only Gold Standard, Excellent Driver, Arch Rivals and The Air of Experience. I really want to Plat GT6 as well before the servers for that get migrated. I think it's time I bought a 2nd hand PS3 and got moving.

Hmm, my last trophy for this game was on June 4th 2012, but I see I may have dodge the server-closing bullet with this one. Mt PS3 got the YLOD back then and I never got it fixed; I just went back to playing Dota and other games on PC. I have 54 of 59 trophies, with only Gold Standard, Excellent Driver, Arch Rivals and The Air of Experience. I really want to Plat GT6 as well before the servers for that get migrated. I think it's time I bought a 2nd hand PS3 and got moving.

Have you managed the Vettel Challenge with Dualshock or Wheel? I try with the Dualshock but couldn't get it yet :(

• Like 1

Have you managed the Vettel Challenge with Dualshock or Wheel? I try with the Dualshock but couldn't get it yet :(

Sadly, no. That was the only challenge keeping me from the Gold medal. I was playing with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and from memory I was still at least 1 second off the Gold time.

Sadly, no. That was the only challenge keeping me from the Gold medal. I was playing with a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and from memory I was still at least 1 second off the Gold time.

Ah figured as much.... Seems really no other way than practicing with my wheel.... guess it'll take a while for this trophy (Bronze in all X2010 races) :/

• 2 weeks later...

How come people are still obtaining the trophies that requires connection to servers?

I made platinum very long time ago, but I'm just wondiering...

You can even see that today were the last achievers...

How?

There's only 1 person on this site who's obtained those trophies since the server closure, Nordschleife-Fox.  Obviously this user is a hacker, and at some point someone with premium can report him and he will be banned.  If you ever see someone with online trophies from a game where the servers have been closed, they've hacked the trophies.  If your question of 'How' is referring to how they hack them, I have no frickin idea, lol.  I know people find ways to use other peoples saves to auto-pop trophies (which is bannable here on PSNP), but to hack online trophies?  That just seems way too complicated for someone like me to ever understand.  But then again, if you're hacking trophies, I will never understand you anyway...

There's only 1 person on this site who's obtained those trophies since the server closure, Nordschleife-Fox.  Obviously this user is a hacker, and at some point someone with premium can report him and he will be banned.  If you ever see someone with online trophies from a game where the servers have been closed, they've hacked the trophies.  If your question of 'How' is referring to how they hack them, I have no frickin idea, lol.  I know people find ways to use other peoples saves to auto-pop trophies (which is bannable here on PSNP), but to hack online trophies?  That just seems way too complicated for someone like me to ever understand.  But then again, if you're hacking trophies, I will never understand you anyway...

Not sure if it's the best way but i wrote an email to the staff. Curious what's gonna happen...

Btw i think gaining this Plat in just 2 months is very big challenge even without two trophies anattainable :D

I finally try to obtain this *$ù*ù! platinium  xD

I need :

Sebastian Vettel X Challenge 

Gold Standard 

Excellent Driver 

This is the Vettel X challenge made me abandoned the game, and mostly my wedding and kids  :lol:

I know i could achieve the Vettel X challenge without a wheel so this would be the last one just after reaching the level 40... almost 20 millions points need  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

• Like 1

I finally try to obtain this *$ù*ù! platinium  xD

I need :

Sebastian Vettel X Challenge 

Gold Standard 

Excellent Driver 

This is the Vettel X challenge made me abandoned the game, and mostly my wedding and kids  :lol:

I know i could achieve the Vettel X challenge without a wheel so this would be the last one just after reaching the level 40... almost 20 millions points need  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Pretty much this. I remember the frustration of the Seb Vettel X Challenge.

I had these trophies outstanding when my PS3 went the YLOD:

• Gold Standard (Sebastian Vettel X Challenge only)
  • Excellent Driver (I was A-Spec level 39)
  • Arch Rivals
  • The Air of Experience

I remember the frustration of falling short of the Gold time in the S. Vettel X challenges with a DS3, especially Suzuka. When I finally got it, it was a HUGE weight off my shoulders, as the 1000 cars and A-spec Lv.40 trophies were the all that's left.

As I heard the ding that gave me the Platinum, I took a quick snap. And as it was the day before the server shutdown, I took one last glimpse of the trophy and the game, and I put it aside for good.

10352375_10202002714417161_8545885044880

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even if he take me several years, I will do all I can to obtain this platinium.

I will first obtain the trophy for A-spec level 40 before trying the Vettel challenge in gold  :(

So long...Again 2,5 days of play  :facepalm:

I have so much game to play, this is complicated

• 1 month later...

God all I need is GT-R-Official-Record trophy and plat, but for the life of me I can't make the time they're asking me to beat. I'm either to slow or to fast which cause me to run off road. 

Ran this race so many times I had to take a long ass break from the game because I was getting so angry. 

Edited by LFDN

God all I need is GT-R-Official-Record trophy and plat, but for the life of me I can't make the time they're asking me to beat. I'm either to slow or to fast which cause me to run off road. 

Ran this race so many times I had to take a long ass break from the game because I was getting so angry. 

If you hadn't already done it, disable (or lower) electronic aids. They usually slow you down.