Sony starts new 'Retro Sale' on PSN

xKrAzY_8sx

Today marks the beginning of a new sale of PSN. Sony is calling it the 'Retro Sale.' Here is the link if you want to look:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/retro-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-RETROSALELP?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Retro_Sale&utm_source=US_PS_Twitter&utm_term=so-ga-5-81471&utm_content=Retro_Sale_US_PS_Twitter&emcid=so-ga-5-81471

Any games anyone is interested in? I'm personally eyeing up de Blob 2. Also maybe possibly Bound by Flame (I know it's bad, but I kinda wanna play another RPG)

I've still got some money left over from last weekend. ($6) :D  As a new player to PS3 and PSN games, would anybody recommend any of these?  

I see some that look "okay", I'm just not sure.

- Child of Light

- I Am Alive

er.... Yeah, that's it so far unless someone points out something.  Also, I don't get the "Retro" theme.  :huh:

How do Telltale games work?  Am I just making decisions and then watching the outcomes, etc?

Edited by PlayResponsibly

I've still got some money left over from last weekend. ($6) :D  As a new player to PS3 and PSN games, would anybody recommend any of these?  

- Child of Light

- I Am Alive

er.... Yeah, that's it so far unless someone points out something.  Also, I don't get the "Retro" theme.  :huh:

How do Telltale games work?  Am I just making decisions and then watching the outcomes, etc?

I won't say you absolutely shouldn't buy I Am Alive, but I would strongly recommend against it. Just do yourself a favour and leave it alone. It was a good concept, but very poorly realized. Only get it if you're a really big fan of post-apocalyptic settings or love climbing drain pipes.

Now that's out of the way, telltale games are fun. I can only speak for The Walking Dead season 1, but it was more or less a point-and-click adventure game with puzzle elements, some quicktime events and very occasional shooting. The gameplay is basic, but you're really playing for story and dialogue. You're never really watching cutscenes long enough to become a passenger though, because you're usually active in the conversation. Some of the choices or actions you take will persist with you through the remainder of the season. Telltale's engine is somewhat janky though, and can chug sometimes on PS3. If you can, play their games on PC or PS4. That said, I don't have a PS4 and couldn't say no to TWD S2 and Wolf Among Us in last week's sale. :P

My other recommendation under $6 is Hotline Miami ($3). It's a hyper violent top-down shooter with a great soundtrack and VERY addictive gameplay. Well worth it at full price. I'm also looking at From Dust. I haven't played it, but it looks interesting.

• Like 1

I remember when Beyond: Two Souls came out. I rushed out to my neighbourhood Woolco and picked it up. When I got home I threw on the latest Stones LP and cracked open a New Coke. I asked my sister to stop watching the Cosby Show and turned the dial to 03 and put Beyond: Two Souls into my entertainment system.

I would love to relive those retro days.

• Like 3

I've still got some money left over from last weekend. ($6) :D As a new player to PS3 and PSN games, would anybody recommend any of these?

- Child of Light

- I Am Alive

er.... Yeah, that's it so far unless someone points out something.

Child of Light is good. Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 1