The purpose of adding friends on PSN...?

PleaseHoldOn

I have very few PSN friends, I hope more will join over time.

Personally I don't mind if people talk or not, it's ok if they just want to be friends and leave it at that... no pressure, I wouldn't delete someone because they didn't speak to me, I don't understand why anyone would, its no big deal.

It is just nice to have people with similar interests on my friends list... after all, we need more love in this world :)

And when you are playing Counterstrike you will become a terrorist and when you are playing NeedForSpeed youll become a fucking car! :o Want to become god? Play Black&White. ... I know what I want :) *launchs Starcraft2* BATTLECRUISER OPERATIONABLE *is now a Cattlebruiser* pewpewpewpewpewpppppppew *charges Yamato-cannon*  weeeeeeeeeee KABOOOOM!!! >u< 

*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aboo

People wonder why we have to label weebs, and additionally why they're not taken seriously... I think you'll find this a prime example.

• Like 3

Not being a very social person, I'm okay with a list of people who don't talk much. Most of them are from here, two are actual friends and one I think came from another forum, so I see them around here and that's enough for me. That's not really random. A truly random person, with a blank request, so I don't know where they came from? No. 

*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee aboo

People wonder why we have to label weebs, and additionally why they're not taken seriously... I think you'll find this a prime example.

Huh? I wasnt wondering and actually... I like it that you dont take me serious. Because society is too serious anyway, wheres the fun? (=

When criticizing society makes me a weeaboo, then Im even more proud about it! :awesome:

btw, due to your partial quote you have ruined the context.

Edited by Neputyunu

Huh? I wasnt wondering and actually... I like it that you dont take me serious. Because society is too serious anyway, wheres the fun? (=

When criticizing society makes me a weeaboo, then Im even more proud about it! :awesome:

btw, due to your partial quote you have ruined the context.

Society doesn't care about the context if you look like an idiot anyway

Society doesn't care about the context if you look like an idiot anyway

Society never cares for anything anyway. Most people are sadly pretty egocentric and only nice to you when they think you are profitable for them.

However, it doesnt matter if you call me a weeb or an idiot. Its a pretty good filter, because it keeps people away Im considering as "idiots" and there are many of them out there. Prejudging people eg. Think about it. ;) Take your weeb-glasses of next time maybe, brah :awesome: 

The obvious answer is "to play games with them".  Okay, got it.

I'm sure there are people out there with giant friend lists though, and I'm sure you don't play games with all of them.  There are people with the verbiage "I'll add anyone!"  Or "I'll add anyone, as long as the friend request isn't blank!" on their profiles here.

Could someone explain the purpose of this to me?  On Steam, I kind of get it.  I have 100+ friends on Steam.  Why?  Because the activity feed is so interesting.  People post significant status updates that are visible to friends.  People post personal gaming (and sometimes non-gaming) stories.  Gaming news, interesting sales, friend-only giveaways, etc.  People post videos and screenshots en masse to the Steam activity feed, at the click of a mouse button (without having to post it to Twitter or Instagram, or having to upload it to some third party hosting site).  It's very interesting to read on a daily basis... and the more people I add, the more I see.  I've done my share of all these things as well.  So I get the purpose of it.

Maybe I'm missing something on the Playstation, but outside of playing games with people, I see zero reason to add anyone to my friend list.  If you're the type that does add random people, what's your reasoning for it?  What's the benefit of doing that?  If there are social features available on PSN itself that I'm not using, I'd love to know about it. :)

Thanks!

Well when I was new to the PlayStation Network (specifically the year 2010) I added a lot of random people as "friends". I do not know why but it was probably because I wanted to play with others. Silly reasons. But as of now, I don't add other players (on my "friend list") and don't care about adding "friends" on PSN. (The exceptions are people that I know personally.) I now prefer to play local multiplayer instead of online multiplayer.

But the purpose of adding friends on PSN is probably because one person wants to have some sort of pseudo-social interaction with other human beings. But that's just a theory...

• 1 month later...

(Honestly) My friend's list has been bad for several (multiple) years now. (Don't want to come off like a jerk) It was amazing back in the day when Resistance 2, COD4, COD: MW2, COD:W@W, COD: BO (ok noticing a trend here O.o), and Borderlands (1) times, but after that my friend's list and my experiences has significantly and drastically gotten horrible and highly depressing. I've done some cleaning over the years but it pretty much catches up over time when I've gotten other FR. There are also a few that I've kept purely due to nostalgia and I just can't find the will to delete despite not having played with them in 3-5 years.

It's so bad that I've considered entirely switching consoles. Can't do this for a few reasons though.

Before online, I was able to live off mostly single player and bot/ai related MP games, but after having been exposed to online MP and how fun (superior) it is with PS3, it's just something I need in my life. Playing with randoms or lone wolf, which I've immensely tried to do over the years, is incredibly boring no matter how many times I try. I can never play any online game even 20% as long as I use to in the past. I've always had hope over the years, but its never gotten even remotely close to how it use to be :'\

:\

• 8 years later...

I don't bother adding randoms usually and I rarely get one tbh. I have a small friend list a little over 100 and some of them I talk to regularly and boost/play with. I really don't see the point of having 100s of "friends" I'll never talk to or play with.

Getting trophies, duh. (Sorry i'd rather have buddies IRL).

Still remember adding best player in the world in Zen Pinball becasue there were cumulative score trophies there. I praised his mad skills. Got the trophies. He deleted me from his friend list. We never talked again. I hope he is happy in his life.

God bless you, Zen Pinball monster. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 1