Platinum Rain Day - Ended

I was debating whether to send a private message to Dragon-Archon or put a post here, but I decided the latter since I want to hear other opinions.

Certain real-life issues are coming up that I will have to address in the near future due to my father retiring from his well-paying job and accepting a lower pension check in a few weeks. Also, I have been hit with several financial issues that have affected my current economic standing and make it harder for me to buy games. That's the realistic fact.

Also, I have just gone back on an MMO I have been away from for a while as I want to play it to the current end so I spend all the evening each day playing that game on my computer. I am also playing LEGO Avengers for PS4 and other games from GameFly are forthcoming. I will probably have to cancel my GameFly account eventually, but for the time being, I have to focus on those games. With all of that, I have much less time to play the games on my list.

That said, I may have to drop out of the event.

HOWEVER: I am not a coward who hates his current games. As such, I am going to set a tight deadline for myself. If I fail to get two games on my current list ready to plat and the rest of my games at 50% or higher by May 31, I will drop out of this event out of shame. That leaves me with one month to try to work out some schedule for those games.

I was debating whether to send a private message to Dragon-Archon or put a post here, but I decided the latter since I want to hear other opinions.

Certain real-life issues are coming up that I will have to address in the near future due to my father retiring from his well-paying job and accepting a lower pension check in a few weeks. Also, I have been hit with several financial issues that have affected my current economic standing and make it harder for me to buy games. That's the realistic fact.

Also, I have just gone back on an MMO I have been away from for a while as I want to play it to the current end so I spend all the evening each day playing that game on my computer. I am also playing LEGO Avengers for PS4 and other games from GameFly are forthcoming. I will probably have to cancel my GameFly account eventually, but for the time being, I have to focus on those games. With all of that, I have much less time to play the games on my list.

That said, I may have to drop out of the event.

HOWEVER: I am not a coward who hates his current games. As such, I am going to set a tight deadline for myself. If I fail to get two games on my current list ready to plat and the rest of my games at 50% or higher by May 31, I will drop out of this event out of shame. That leaves me with one month to try to work out some schedule for those games.

Which MMO?

*small update*

Participant #26: BlazzingWind

1. The Wolf Among Us (Vita): 96% 34/36 - READY
  2. God of War (Vita): 97% 34/36 - READY
  3. LEGO Dimensions: 93% 53/55 - READY
  4. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7: 98% 48/50 - READY
  5. Ratchet & Clank HD: 91% 33/35 - READY
  6. God of War II (Vita): 80% 31/35
  7. Gravity Rush (Vita): 4% 5/64
  8. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - Not Started
  9. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - Not Started
  10. Assassin's Creed II - Not Started

Half-way to the goal of 10 plats! :bronze:

God of War II is almost done, just need to grind Cyclops eyes and finish the Challenge of the Titans. (Really) glad to be done trying to play the GoW on the tiny screen of my Vita, definitely games that are meant for the tv screen instead. :P

I really do mean to get to the two Danganronpa games but I just got a PS4 and inFAMOUS SS is taking up my time right now. Might have to add an eleventh game to this list if I can't pull myself away from it. Still chugging along Dragon-Archon. I know my list keeps changing, and I apologize for this, but I promise I'll be crossing the finish line strong with everyone else!

Participant #13 NerdRage04

I'm back from Japan! It was an amazing trip with my best and closest friends. If you want to know what I did, bought, and see awesome pictures, hit me up! I hope every has made progress in their backlogs while I was away.

I quickly got through SwapForce (PS4) and Ratchet & Clank (PS2) to get myself back into that trophy mindset!!  :D  :D  :D

1. Skyrim 49/51 READY!
  2. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 27/29 READY!
  3. Zombie Army  Trilogy - 62/64 READY!
  4. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth 55/57 READY!
  5. IA/VT Colorful 48/50 READY!
  6. Skylanders Superchargers 39/41 READY!
  7. Natural Doctrine 44/46 READY!
  8. Ratchet & Clank (PS2) 33/35 READY!
  9. Skylanders SWAP Force 38/40 READY!
  10. Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd 11/28
  11. Monster Monpiece 32/51
  12. Taiko Master V 15/44
  13. The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition 4/37
  14. Nights of Azure 14/49

Updated everyone up to this post. Nice work everyone :D.

Participant #13 NerdRage04

I'm back from Japan! It was an amazing trip with my best and closest friends. If you want to know what I did, bought, and see awesome pictures, hit me up! I hope every has made progress in their backlogs while I was away.

I quickly got through SwapForce (PS4) and Ratchet & Clank (PS2) to get myself back into that trophy mindset!!  :D  :D  :D

Welcome back. Which place(s) did you visit? And more importantly, did you get the things I asked for? :P

Welcome back. Which place(s) did you visit? And more importantly, did you get the things I asked for? :P

We went to-

Harujuku, Shibuya (apartment was here), Shinjuku, Niiko, and a bunch of other places within Tokyo.

The main places that were exciting were Disney Sea, DragonQuest Cafe, Alice in Wonderland cafe, EdoWonderland, The Zoo, Mt Takao hike, and the Sega building with the Project Diva ride! Too many places to remember. I was in Japan! ALL OF IT WAS COOL!

All food was eaten and all sake was consumed, sorry Dragon! However, I can mail you a little something if you PM me an address.

Update: Participant #36

GTA 3 ready now too. :yay:
I am having so much fun replaying these old Rockstar games: GTA 3 and Bully were the two I wasted the most time on back when they were out on PS2. Like many others I'd imagine, GTA3 was the first PS2 game I owned, I bought it the day I bought my PS2. I never did finish Vice City (I did get up to the last mission back in the day though) or San Andreas (I don't even think I got half way through that game), so I'm looking forward to finally finishing both of them off this time around!

Also, I've swapped out Fast and the Furious for Until Dawn. I was considering on joining in on the "No Refunds" Project Platinum as well, already having Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust plat (Oh God...the memories 0_0), but I've decided F**k that! - there's too many good games I havn't even started yet to be scraping the bottom of the PS barrel :lol: . I've just picked up Until Dawn and am so excited to play this one - plus it's on the Choice & Consequence PP, so win/win :)

1. Red Dead Redemption - 97% (47/49) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: How the West Was Won (lvl up to lvl 50)
  2. Bully/Canis Canem Edit - 98% (36/38) Ready To Plat - Trophy Left: Green Thumbs Up (1 flower to pick)
  3. GTA III - 98% (27/29) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Hunting Season (1 helicopter left to destroy)
  4. Escape Dead Island - 86% (52/61)
  5. Far Cry Classic
  6. Far Cry 4
  7. Far Cry Primal
  8. Until Dawn
  9. GTA Vice City
  10. GTA San Andreas
Edited by masdawg1988

Update!!!

Monkeydluffy512

Participant #6

1. Adventure Time: The secret of the Nameless Kingdom- 96%(34/36) Ready to Plat
  2. Monster Monpiece- 98%(49/51) Rubbed and ready to Plat
  3. Unit 13- 21%(14/44)
  4. Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk- 31%(16/41)
  5. Steins;Gate- 0%
  6. NORN9 VAR COMMONS- 0%
  7. Tales of Xillia 2- 4%(4/49)
  8. Sniper Ghost Warrior 2- 10%(7/49)
  9. Samurai Warriors 4- 71%(42/54)
  10. Life is Strange- 18%(12/61)
  11. Arcania- 98%(43/45) Ready to Plat
  12. LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin- 98%(33/35) Ready to Plat

Participant #38: jens108

1. GTA IV (30 / 51)
  2. Red Dead Redemption (34 / 49)
  3. Game of Thrones (40 / 49)
  4. Tales from the Borderlands (14 / 36)
  5. Tomb Raider (37 / 51)
  6. Dead Space (35 / 49)
  7. Far Cry 3 (43 / 51)
  8. Hitman: Absolution (15 / 47)
  9. Assassin's Creed III (8 / 51)
  10. Uncharted 2 Remastered (26 / 45)
  11. Spec Ops: The Line (31 / 51)
  12. Little Big Planet 2 (37 / 47)
  13. Total: 350 / 553 (63.29%)

Another plat ready!

Participant #29 jeschmit

1. LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - 98% (33/35) - READY TO PLAT
  2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY - 0% (0/51)
  3. The Escapists - 91% (26/28) - READY TO PLAT
  4. Until Dawn - 91% (17/19) - READY TO PLAT
  5. Farming Simulator 16 - 91% (18/20) - READY TO PLAT
  6. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered - 0% (0/45)
  7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered - 0% (0/46)
  8. Bully - 14% (10/38)
  9. The Escapists: The Walking Dead - 91% (18/20) - READY TO PLAT
  10. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 0% (0/?)
  11. Saints Row IV (PS3) - 99% (49/51) - READY TO PLAT
  12. LEGO MARVEL's Avengers (PSVita) - 4% (3/35)
  13. Life Is Strange (PS4) - 96% (58/61) - READY TO PLAT
  14. Heavy Rain (PS4) - 98% (55/57) - READY TO PLAT
  15. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)- 0% (0/46)
  16. Far Cry Primal - 0% (0/51)
  17. LEGO Batman 3 (PS4) - 0% (0/41)
  18. Deadpool (PS3) - 70% (43/51)
  19. Toy Story 3 (PS3) - 12% (7/39)

Currently working on: Bully for PS4, Deadpool/Toy Story 3 for PS3 and LEGO Marvel's Avengers for PSVita.

Edited by jeschmit

Posting an update. I have to remove 2 games from my list as I have decided to platinum them for the THL.

Participant #4 Garciafever

1. STEINS;GATE (vita): 40/42 - 97% (READY)
  2. STEINS;GATE (PS3): 0/42 - 0%
  3. Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest (PS3): 0/34 - 0%
  4. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (vita): 0/47 - 0%
  5. DUNAMIS15 (PS3): 0/24 - 0%
Edited by GarciaFever

Dragon-Archon, I am ashamed to admit that I have to replace some of the games on my list. I decided that two Kingdom Hearts games(namely re:Chain of Memories and KH2 Final Mix) are going to be a bit more time-intensive then I would have liked and won't be able to complete them in a few month, especially with my current level of motivation. Therefore I've created a new list.

Participant #27: DetectiveCJ

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (11% - 8 / 56)
  2. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix (4% - 3 / 46)
  3. Dark Cloud 2 (55% - 21 / 31)
  4. Rogue Galaxy (84% - 29 / 35)
  5. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (4% - 3 / 34)
  6. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (20% - 13 / 35)
  7. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (0% - not started yet)
  8. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time (11% - 8 / 37)
  9. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (0% - not started yet)
  10. Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below (8% - 6 / 50)
  11. Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness (20% - 18 / 74)
  12. Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (58% - 38 / 51)

I might add more games later. ;)

Edited by DetectiveCJ

ooooh.. look.. an update...

Participant #37 - JaM

1. TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT HD - 34/36 - ready to pop!
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia - 0/46
  3. Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk - 0/39
  4. KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX - 47/51
  5. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum - 0/41
  6. Game of Thrones - 0/49 or Tales from the Borderlands - 0/36
  7. Tales of Hearts R - 0/40
  8. Grim Fandango Remastered - 0/48
  9. Bastion - 0/23
  10. 初音ミク -Project DIVA- X - 29/31 - ready to pop!
  11. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 39/41 - ready to pop!

after hours of failure in satisfying Mushroom VIII... I took a break from it and focused on Lego HP... and.. uhmmm.. I guess I got too focused on that and errr... tadah... ready to plat out of nowhere... and of course after that I had my revenge on 8th and wrapped up the misc. stuffs in KH 2 FM... started Critical Run as well and of course I am failing a looooot... 

btw... might remove some games since 4 Vita games I have in my list are all digital and I dunno if my 8gig mem could handle it *stare at 3 gig Grim Fandango*...

Edited by JaM

started Critical Run as well and of course I am failing a looooot... 

btw... might remove some games since 4 Vita games I have in my list are all digital and I dunno if my 8gig mem could handle it *stare at 3 gig Grim Fandango*...

I died a lot, too.. Honestly, I found the Crit mode run easier than the Data fights, though. 

No PS4, I take it? Could have stuck Grim on there. You could move it to your PS3, until you're ready to Plat it. Assuming you have room on the hard drive, of course. 

I died a lot, too.. Honestly, I found the Crit mode run easier than the Data fights, though. 

No PS4, I take it? Could have stuck Grim on there. You could move it to your PS3, until you're ready to Plat it. Assuming you have room on the hard drive, of course. 

ugh... Data Fights... still hate that Xemnas' battle ... but true... I find Crti easier so far *ask me again in the part where I have to fight you know who*

oh... yep, no PS4 atm. Grim has been downloaded in my PS3 (As well as the other 2 games [well technically 1 because Bastion was corrupted]) and ready to be moved in my Vita but I find it a hassle to copy and delete games on the day of plat rain (a.k a. too lazy xD) but thanks for the suggestion ^_^

So how exactly does one officially sign up for such a thing? I've never really been a big poster on these forums, just like looking at my trophy stats when I'm bored. I saw this thread pop up on the main page a while ago and thought it was cool so I started working towards 10 without actually ever entering. I'm at 7 ready to go now, but I figured I should officially ask to join instead of just watching from the outside and doing it by myself like a creep.

Edited by Zskins26

ugh... Data Fights... still hate that Xemnas' battle ... but true... I find Crti easier so far *ask me again in the part where I have to fight you know who*

oh... yep, no PS4 atm. Grim has been downloaded in my PS3 (As well as the other 2 games [well technically 1 because Bastion was corrupted]) and ready to be moved in my Vita but I find it a hassle to copy and delete games on the day of plat rain (a.k a. too lazy xD) but thanks for the suggestion ^_^

xD Well, if it's any consolation, I found his fight in Critical Mode much easier than that Data Fight. That was definitely one of the worst since you had to do 2 fights for that one. First fight wasn't bad, but it got old doing it over and over, every time you failed the 2nd.. Roxas was the hardest for me, and I ended up grinding to level 50-51 to make it easier. If you went with Guardian, you learn Second Chance around then. Was smooth sailing, after that. 

Haha, yeah. Transfers aren't exactly fast, either. ^^'

• Like 1

So how exactly does one officially sign up for such a thing? I 've never really been a big poster on these forums, just like looking at my trophy stats when I'm bored. I saw this thread pop up on the main page a while ago and thought it was cool so I started working towards 10 without actually ever entering. I'm at 7 ready to go now, but I figured I should officially ask to join instead of just watching from the outside and doing it by myself like a creep.

You don't have to "sign up" per se, you just put down your list with a participant number and Dragon should add you. :) If you don't know what your number is, just go to the list of participants on the first post and find out how many there are.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

So how exactly does one officially sign up for such a thing? I 've never really been a big poster on these forums, just like looking at my trophy stats when I'm bored. I saw this thread pop up on the main page a while ago and thought it was cool so I started working towards 10 without actually ever entering. I'm at 7 ready to go now, but I figured I should officially ask to join instead of just watching from the outside and doing it by myself like a creep.

Just post your list up in the requested format dude and say you want to join.

You don't have to "sign up" per se, you just put down your list with a participant number and Dragon should add you. :) If you don't know what your number is, just go to the list of participants on the first post and find out how many there are.

Thanks man

Zskins26 Participant #39

1. Uncharted 3 Remastered (97%) READY!
  2. The Division (98%) READY!
  3. Life is Strange (96%) READY!
  4. Far Cry 3 (97%) READY!
  5. Far Cry 4 (98%) READY!
  6. MotorStorm RC (98%) READY!
  7. GTA 3 (89%) READY!
  8. GTA Vice City
  9. Sly Cooper 2
  10. Sly Cooper 3